Your favorite works of art.

Does an original piece count?

I painted this after having a dream about floating or levitating above a waterfall. Most people draw or paint waterfalls as they are flowing toward them or from the side. My dream made me think it would be fun to do one flowing away instead.

It's far from perfect but it's still a favorite because of the dream.

Attachments

• dream.JPG
    dream.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 192

I painted this after having a dream about floating or levitating above a waterfall. Most people draw or paint waterfalls as they are flowing toward them or from the side. My dream made me think it would be fun to do one flowing away instead.

Nice

The artist captures a sleeping dog perfectly. The meaning of life is just to live it, even when asleep.

Master%20Bedroom_zps4jlshyhf.jpg

Master Bedroom by Andrew Wyeth
we have that print

I don't get very excited about art
I've visited art museums and always walk out saying eh it was OK

In all honesty if it wasn't for my wife I'd have all bare walls in the house

Nice
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Comics: Drosophila

Gwyneth Paltrow, Michael Douglas, Tom Hardy, Martina Navratilova, Bill Clinton, Sinead O'Connor, Jane Campion --- what do these celebrities all have in common? They all represent a new age interest in populism-geared conversation, or 'chatter' that focuses on the ornamentation of pedestrian traffic (with their films, gender-dialogue in sports, pro-active democracy, feminine mystique film-making, etc.).

Populism is important to me, so I really cherish comic book art, which speaks to pedestrian imagination and 'accessible intellectualism' and is really a 'satellite' of related genres such as graffiti-art and punk rock.

My favorite comic book writers include Frank Miller and Stan Lee, and my favorite comic book adapted films include Superman III, Batman Returns, and Captain America: Civil War.

batman1.jpg

Forum List

Back