Your favorite desserts

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Kings of Con
I eat serbian food traditionally (I eat lots of other food too which is from all over the world and considered nowadays "western") but traditionally I eat serbian food and Im not aware of any roma specifics in food. That is the introduction and now my favourite desserts

Madjarice (serbian chocolate cake)
Dombos torta (serbian chocolate cake)
Grcka torta (serbian cake)
Griljas torta but only the type my mum makes, I ate once in serbia in a restaurant another variation of griljas torta which I didnt like (my mum makes it with walnuts, chocolate etc.)

Desserts I like which are not serbian

Chocolate Muffins with nougat filling
Brownies
Sacher Torte (Vienna Austrian chocolate cake)
Mousse de chocolate (universal nowadays but I think of french origins)
Chocolate souffle (universal nowadays but I think of french origins)

My favorite dessert is something you will not really find anywhere in the world outside my family.

I mean, you will, but you won't.

Some call them Eclairs, and some call them Cream Puffs.

See, the thing is, with Eclairs, they are filled with. . . well, some sort of cream. And with Cream Puffs, they are different, they are filled with Ice cream.

My family uses the traditional Eclair recipe, but then makes homemade vanilla ice-cream, the whole old fashioned process, ice, rock salt. ect.

The entire dessert is very labor intensive. But. .. . you will never, ever have anything better. Nor will you find the process described anywhere else on-line.

Key lime pie...
1601616679224.png

With tangarine sherbet.
1601616878683.png

Heavy poundcake with a nicely browned surface and then sprinked with a dash of powdered sugar. But there absolutely must be black walnuts in the pound cake batter. Not minced up, just chopped coursely. Not any other kind of walnuts. Black walnuts...

Good chocolate cake is a close second, but it has to be really moist and heavy and chocolately cake, not that fluffy, bland German stuff.

After that, real banana puddin. With vanilla wafers in there. And banana slices. Extra cold.

Chilled fresh fruit salad with tasty, zesty, NZ fruit; not that bland US stuff.

Tirmisu.

My late spouse had a fantastic home made recipe that was never written down.
Sorry for your loss, candy

My favorite dessert is a hot barely cooked brownie covered in ice cream
Thank you. Sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago; other times it seems like it just happened.
Death is something it seems a lot of folks try to forget about because its so hard to face, and its really nauseating and unbearable when it becomes so real as to take someone who was alive and animated in our very recent memory, like you can still reach out and touch them.

Its one of the deepest fears realized...and I can't even imagine losing my wife because she's the human I see the most of. I admire you for carrying on...humans are really awesome.

Tirmisu.

My late spouse had a fantastic home made recipe that was never written down.
Sorry for your loss, candy

My favorite dessert is a hot barely cooked brownie covered in ice cream
Thank you. Sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago; other times it seems like it just happened.
Death is something it seems a lot of folks try to forget about because its so hard to face, and its really nauseating and unbearable when it becomes so real as to take someone who was alive and animated in our very recent memory, like you can still reach out and touch them.

Its one of the deepest fears realized...and I can't even imagine losing my wife because she's the human I see the most of. I admire you for carrying on...humans are really awesome.
Biggest lie ever told...your spouse is half your life. More like 95% in my case. Thanks for the kind words.

My favorite dessert is something you will not really find anywhere in the world outside my family.

I mean, you will, but you won't.

Some call them Eclairs, and some call them Cream Puffs.

See, the thing is, with Eclairs, they are filled with. . . well, some sort of cream. And with Cream Puffs, they are different, they are filled with Ice cream.

My family uses the traditional Eclair recipe, but then makes homemade vanilla ice-cream, the whole old fashioned process, ice, rock salt. ect.

The entire dessert is very labor intensive. But. .. . you will never, ever have anything better. Nor will you find the process described anywhere else on-line.
They are good with ice cream, and nothing beats homemade.

A shortcut variation is mini puffs made with Stella Doro Anginetti cookies, which they don't make any more, but some folks have tried to perfect a copy to make at home. They're crispier than regular cream puff shells and are very lightly glazed, no chocolate to overpower the flavors. They're finger food size, so they're good for parties (if you're sure they'll get eaten quick before the ice cream melts).

It's the homemade icecream that makes it heaven, though.

Forum List

Back