Yet Another Democrat Policy Self Detonates

I don't think Democrats are capable of thinking through their plans / actions Before they act...

Like who would gave thought publicly declaring there would be no legal consequence for homeless people pooping on sidewalks, in public parks, and even in stores would result in turning their sidewalks into toilets, unsanitary conditions, increased disease, etc...

Who'd athunk it?!

:p

I don't think Democrats are capable of thinking through their plans / actions Before they act...

Like who would gave thought publicly declaring there would be no legal consequence for homeless people pooping on sidewalks, in public parks, and even in stores would result in turning their sidewalks into toilets, unsanitary conditions, increased disease, etc...

Who'd athunk it?!

You let violent felons out, then you call for gun grabbing because of the increased violent crime.

Who'd athunk it?!

You let violent felons out, then you call for gun grabbing because of the increased violent crime.
And they wonder why we point out that they hate America.

Democrats look at criminals as votes and probably donors. Disgusting.
Bernie said he wants the Boston bomber to vote.

Bernie Sanders: Boston bomber, felons in prison deserve right to vote

Actually what they probably think is many criminals are just victims of circumstance, and would turn the corner if given the chance. They ignore the fact that most poor people don't resort to crime. They ignore the fact that most criminals are basically lazy assholes who want things with minimal effort.

So you may have earned that cell phone, but in their mind they deserve your cell phone.

Who'd athunk it?!

As I said in the post above, they have the naive belief that if given a chance all these people will turn things around.

They ignore the fact that some of them are mentally ill, and the rest are just assholes.

Actually what they probably think is many criminals are just victims of circumstance, and would turn the corner if given the chance. They ignore the fact that most poor people don't resort to crime. They ignore the fact that most criminals are basically lazy assholes who want things with minimal effort.

So you may have earned that cell phone, but in their mind they deserve your cell phone.
I don't think they're that stupid.

I think they knew almost exactly what would happen.

I thg think their only mistake was thinking they'd get away with it.

I don't think they're that stupid.

I think they knew almost exactly what would happen.

I thg think their only mistake was thinking they'd get away with it.

You would be surprised how naive some SJW types can be. Most of them have been coddled by their parents and by a society and social group that doesn't question their dogmas.

Who'd athunk it?!

Wrong. The bail law only applies to non-violent criminal defendants and misdemeanor defendants..

New York’s Upcoming Bail Reform Changes Explained

Releasing violent felons is a Republican thing. You’re thinking of the Republican Kentucky Governor who recently pardoned and released 400 perps including rapists and murders.

Who'd athunk it?!

Wrong. The bail law only applies to non-violent criminal defendants and misdemeanor defendants..

Releasing violent felons is a Republican thing. You’re thinking of the Republican Kentucky Governor who recently pardoned and released 400 perps including rapists and murders.

It sets a high bar for "violent".

Stop trying to spin this, even Cuomo and DiBlasio realize the legislature overreached on this.

Who'd athunk it?!

The OP is about Democrats saying they need to reverse it because violent people are getting released. From Leftist Yahoo News:

“As of January 1, the state’s new criminal-justice reforms took effect, including a law that compels judges to free thousands of arrested defendants, many of whom have committed violent crimes or are serious flight risks.”

New York’s Bad Bail-Reform Law

Who'd athunk it?!

As I said in the post above, they have the naive belief that if given a chance all these people will turn things around.

They ignore the fact that some of them are mentally ill, and the rest are just assholes.

The democrats know that criminals will always vote democrat rather than for the "law and order" GOP types. Its simple vote scrounging to dilute GOP voters.
The democrats also want to lower the voting age to 16 or so, and for illegals to vote. Anything to scrounge mo' votes.

Last edited:

Who'd athunk it?!

The OP is about Democrats saying they need to reverse it because violent people are getting released. From Leftist Yahoo News:

“As of January 1, the state’s new criminal-justice reforms took effect, including a law that compels judges to free thousands of arrested defendants, many of whom have committed violent crimes or are serious flight risks.”

New York’s Bad Bail-Reform Law
Actually the article you refer to is from the ultra-conservative National Review, it is just reprinted in Yahoo News. New York State Bail-Reform Law Won’t Work | National Review Barry Latzer, the author of the article, admits that the law does not apply to violent felonies but some are slipping through the cracks because they are were not labeled VFOs, Violent Felony Offenses.

Latzer bemoans and concludes that "Top-down, arbitrary decision-making by state government simply won’t work." However, don't many states have that top-down decision making under mandatory minimum sentencing laws.

The law needs tweeting and he is not altogether wrong that judge's should have some discretion.

Who'd athunk it?!

The democrats know that criminals will always vote democrat rather than for the "law and order" GOP types. It simple vote scrounging to dilute GOP voters.
The democrats also want to lower the voting age to 16 or so, and for illegals to vote. Anything to scrounge mo' votes.

It's playing up to their base. The families of these convicts are likely Democrat. So they are thrilled when a family member is not behind bars for a change, and they know who to thank for it come election time.

Non-violent crimes? That makes it better. So the lowlife that broke into my house when I was not home, stole $10,000 of items and cash from my house, is not considered a violent criminal. He gets back out into the street to do the same to another family. Same with the drugs some scum sold my daughter that killed her. The Democrats consider that a non-violent crime.

Who'd athunk it?!

The democrats know that criminals will always vote democrat rather than for the "law and order" GOP types. It simple vote scrounging to dilute GOP voters.

It's playing up to their base. The families of these convicts are likely Democrat. So they are thrilled when a family member is not behind bars for a change, and they know who to thank for it come election time.

Non-violent crimes? That makes it better. So the lowlife that broke into my house when I was not home, stole $10,000 of items and cash from my house, is not considered a violent criminal. He gets back out into the street to do the same to another family. Same with the drugs some scum sold my daughter that killed her. The Democrats consider that a non-violent crime.
Terrorists, cartel thugs, MS13, violent illegals, convicts....the DNC is a 'big criminal tent'

Forum List

Back