Wow! DC's Barry For Arming the Victims

I've used certain male examples that you dismiss are you a man or a women, fess up now. You like to use as much vague talk as possible in your post and I'm just curious what the deal is. See debating is not my strongest point of who I am, I have tried to be a good sport in many of these. I will give you some credit I've actually tried to think from the other side. The old Indian proverb of walking in anothers shoes for one moon.

So what is the answer of cure to high crime without violating others rights? That is the question for you.

Not all arguments are concrete, b/w, and some things really are just vague thoughts for debate. Get pissed if you like, or don't.
Your question -
Cure high crime? Eliminate the causes, poverty, unequal education and employment opportunities, and have a balanced rule of law that treats everyone equally. That doesn't address corporate or white collar crimes, but it helps alleviate crime from the depressed areas of society... that's my personal approach, not validated by anyone but my own theoretical logic.

And pardon me, but WTF is that about 'fessing up'?
What examples have I dismissed? If you argument depends on the sex of your opposing debater, perhaps the problem lies with you.
I'm a dude if you want me to fess up, but how the hell can you verify or trust that anyways? I could be several people, of differing ages for anyone knows.

Is that the law there? What is the penalty for breaking that law?

Heh. Thought that would throw you for a loop. I don't know what the penalty is but if they can charge you over a $100 for not wearing your seatbelt in a car (per person!) then I don't see why they couldn't charge the same for not having a gun for protection as well.

After all, its for your SAFETY! And we know how much you libs love your safety...:rofl:

Heh. Thought that would throw you for a loop. I don't know what the penalty is but if they can charge you over a $100 for not wearing your seatbelt in a car (per person!) then I don't see why they couldn't charge the same for not having a gun for protection as well.

After all, its for your SAFETY! And we know how much you libs love your safety...:rofl:

Don't make me defend myself with a seatbelt...!

Don't know about 'us libs' but sure, I like feeling safe. Who doesn't?
Forcing me to wear a vest would be more akin to the seatbelt law though...

Don't make me defend myself with a seatbelt...!

Don't know about 'us libs' but sure, I like feeling safe. Who doesn't?
Forcing me to wear a vest would be more akin to the seatbelt law though...

Maybe there should be local laws to wear vests in certain neighborhoods, given a threshold of crime activity. Wouldn't the politicians love that one...:eusa_whistle:

Also, I think children should be given gun-handling classes in school too, starting in kindergarten. If they can teach them about sex and how to wear a condom, they certainly can teach children to protect themselves and wear a gun as well! And a vest when appropriate. :cool:

Cure high crime? Eliminate the causes, poverty, unequal education and employment opportunities, and have a balanced rule of law that treats everyone equally. That doesn't address corporate or white collar crimes, but it helps alleviate crime from the depressed areas of society... that's my personal approach, not validated by anyone but my own theoretical logic.

How cute, it's just that simple, eliminate poverty? Even if you could do that there will always be those that want more and don't have a problem taking it. That is just so incredibly naive along with the crap about education. If you really want an education you have plenty of opportunities in todays world besides traditional schools.... the problem isn't as much the schools as the idiot kids who aren't interested in learning anything and bring their circle of hommies down with them. Employment opportunities????? Unemployment is down to it's lowest in decades, again, the desire to make an honest living has to exist in the individual. Balanced rule of law? Please, you're not going to pretend that the reason there are so many blacks in jail is because of racism are you? Work a little harder on your heories because they are a joke.

Just because you have a fear of guns doesn't mean we should ban firearms. !00s of thousands are killed in automobiles annually, should they be banned? The idea that I shouldn't own the 9mm Baby Desert Eagle that I keep next to my bed because some asshole might break into my house, steal it and use it in other crimes is silly. The same asshole could steal my truck and blow it up next to a crispy creme at breakfast and mass murder many at once....we can't live our lives worried about what habitual criminals will do. If one comes into my house, I will kill him, period..... and society will have one less skumbag to worry about.

Quit making excuses for lousy people, they exist no matter how much money or education they might have.

Maybe there should be local laws to wear vests in certain neighborhoods, given a threshold of crime activity. Wouldn't the politicians love that one...:eusa_whistle:

Also, I think children should be given gun-handling classes in school too, starting in kindergarten. If they can teach them about sex and how to wear a condom, they certainly can teach children to protect themselves and wear a gun as well! And a vest when appropriate. :cool:

I kind of agree... gun education for kids, could save lives. Even just looking at accidental shootings where a kid is playing with a gun, those could be reduced a lot by teaching the responsibility firearms demand.

How cute, it's just that simple, eliminate poverty? Even if you could do that there will always be those that want more and don't have a problem taking it. That is just so incredibly naive along with the crap about education. If you really want an education you have plenty of opportunities in todays world besides traditional schools.... the problem isn't as much the schools as the idiot kids who aren't interested in learning anything and bring their circle of hommies down with them. Employment opportunities????? Unemployment is down to it's lowest in decades, again, the desire to make an honest living has to exist in the individual. Balanced rule of law? Please, you're not going to pretend that the reason there are so many blacks in jail is because of racism are you? Work a little harder on your heories because they are a joke.

Just because you have a fear of guns doesn't mean we should ban firearms. !00s of thousands are killed in automobiles annually, should they be banned? The idea that I shouldn't own the 9mm Baby Desert Eagle that I keep next to my bed because some asshole might break into my house, steal it and use it in other crimes is silly. The same asshole could steal my truck and blow it up next to a crispy creme at breakfast and mass murder many at once....we can't live our lives worried about what habitual criminals will do. If one comes into my house, I will kill him, period..... and society will have one less skumbag to worry about.

Quit making excuses for lousy people, they exist no matter how much money or education they might have.

Think of the question I was asked. Then think of how I responded. I offered MY OWN PERSONAL approach, and hopefully made clear that it was just my thoughts... you disagree, great. Rock on. If you don't believe in examining causes of crime other than 'something's just wrong with some people' then I can't convince you, I just hope you take a different approach when it comes to illness. Or maybe you aren't the type to step back, look at the factors combined in health, see where something is lacking, and make a change. Maybe you'd just shoot off a cancerous mole, or threaten a torn ligament instead of examining the possible root causes...

Now, to take issue with your rant.
Where did I say blacks were in proison because of racism? When did I say guns should be banned? Who are you responding to here? Do you think the poorer elements of society are better off or worse than, say... 30 years ago? Please understand these are questions, not arguments. I didn't say you shouldn't keep a gun under your pillow or wherever, go for it. Kill the bad guys, whatever.

The comparison between guns and cars is used often (in my own personal, non-general, non-binding experience) and is bullshit.
A car has a purpose seperate from killing, but it CAN be used to kill someone. Just like a baseball bat. One purpose, many uses. A gun ahs one purpose - firing bullets.

Think of the question I was asked. Then think of how I responded. I offered MY OWN PERSONAL approach, and hopefully made clear that it was just my thoughts... you disagree, great. Rock on. If you don't believe in examining causes of crime other than 'something's just wrong with some people' then I can't convince you, I just hope you take a different approach when it comes to illness. Or maybe you aren't the type to step back, look at the factors combined in health, see where something is lacking, and make a change. Maybe you'd just shoot off a cancerous mole, or threaten a torn ligament instead of examining the possible root causes...

Now, to take issue with your rant.
Where did I say blacks were in proison because of racism? When did I say guns should be banned? Who are you responding to here? Do you think the poorer elements of society are better off or worse than, say... 30 years ago? Please understand these are questions, not arguments. I didn't say you shouldn't keep a gun under your pillow or wherever, go for it. Kill the bad guys, whatever.

The comparison between guns and cars is used often (in my own personal, non-general, non-binding experience) and is bullshit.
A car has a purpose seperate from killing, but it CAN be used to kill someone. Just like a baseball bat. One purpose, many uses. A gun has one purpose - firing bullets.

• Thanks
Reactions: Bry

Forum List

Back