Would You Let Your Child Swear?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I couldn't figure out what debate zone this belonged in, so I decided to post it here instead. Me personally, if I had a seven year old who spoke like that, she would rarely even get out of the house.

No, because i didnt want that type of talking to be normalized.
I even get on to my son when he tries to skirt around saying the actual word. Like saying holy sheet instead of holy shit.

No, because i didnt want that type of talking to be normalized.
I even get on to my son when he tries to skirt around saying the actual word. Like saying holy sheet instead of holy shit.

I'm guessing your son isn't an adult then yet. I say no way because one, I wouldn't want them to be a bad role model to other kids and two, children are supposed to be young and innocent. They don't need to be talking like that.

I'm guessing your son isn't an adult then yet. I say no way because one, I wouldn't want them to be a bad role model to other kids and two, children are supposed to be young and innocent. They don't need to be talking like that.
He is about to turn 14.

I couldn't figure out what debate zone this belonged in, so I decided to post it here instead. Me personally, if I had a seven year old who spoke like that, she would rarely even get out of the house.

Problem is, for the most part, they repeat what they hear.

Problem is, for the most part, they repeat what they hear.

Yeah, so instead of the mother cleaning up her own language I think all of this "home words" bullshit was basically her throwing in the towel. (And no I don't have kids yet, so it doesn't matter how I talk.)

I raised six kids and while I had no problem with "cussing", two words were banned, and violations were harshly disciplined. Shut-up and Stupid. Seemed to work out rather well and they all enforce the same rules on their kids.

I raised six kids and while I had no problem with "cussing", two words were banned, and violations were harshly disciplined. Shut-up and Stupid. Seemed to work out rather well and they all enforce the same rules on their kids.
I would have rather said "fuck off" as a child. Shut up is for the birds

Certainly not at that age.
My two kids now 31 and 28, I think at some point when they were in high school I tolerated a few swear words if the situation merited it. But even then, certainly not just casually cursing.

Certainly not at that age.
My two kids now 31 and 28, I think at some point when they were in high school I tolerated a few swear words if the situation merited it. But even then, certainly not just casually cursing.

Yeah and it certainly gets annoying if it's constant. Even in adults.

Forum List

Back