Would you go on a suicide mission?

Under what circumstances would you be willing to go on a suicide mission?

• To save my country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never. I'd never risk my life for someone else.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes to the first three.

however there is a difference between suicide mission...and giving your life to save another.

True, but I'd love to hear your examples of suicide missions where protecting life wasn't the ultimate reason for the mission.

Yes to the first three.

however there is a difference between suicide mission...and giving your life to save another.

True, but I'd love to hear your examples of suicide missions where protecting life wasn't the ultimate reason for the mission.

My examples.... i give you islam. They seem to love suicide missions that do not protect a damn thing other then their idea of a peaceful religion.

Yes to the first three.

My examples.... i give you islam. They seem to love suicide missions that do not protect a damn thing other then their idea of a peaceful religion.

Excellent example, but disagreed. Misguided as they are, they are either doing it protecting their religious beliefs or for blood money for their family.

Excellent example, but disagreed. Misguided as they are, they are either doing it protecting their religious beliefs or for blood money for their family.

Really...why would you disagree? You asked:

True, but I'd love to hear your examples of suicide missions where protecting life wasn't the ultimate reason for the mission.[

suicide bombers are not trying to protect life...it is not the ultimate reason for the fucked up mission. The goal is destruction and killing. I give you 911.

Religion was not one of your choices either.

suicide bombers are not trying to protect life...it is not the ultimate reason for the fucked up mission. The goal is destruction and killing. I give you 911.

Again, they are misguided, but they believe the United States is the "Great Satan" and they are willing to die fighting it to protect their loved ones.

Again, they are misguided, but they believe the United States is the "Great Satan" and they are willing to die fighting it to protect their loved ones.

Just as many of us are taught that all muslims are evil.

:lol: I think you give them far to much credit for their motives.

Yes to the first three.

They don't protect their peaceful religion. They are furthering the cause of disaffected Muslims that have been victimized by their tribal and Monarchistic system. They are reading into their "bible" what they want to hear.

I wonder how many people in Iraq and Afganistan have not had a relative killed by the USA?

What are their motives? Why would someone be willing to die?

FWIW, even Osama bin Laden knew only the 9/11 hijacker pilots knew it was a suicide mission. Those in the back thought it was a regular hijacking. Still high risk, but not a suicide mission in their minds. It takes a certain amount of gumption to be willing to die for a cause.

What are their motives? Why would someone be willing to die?

FWIW, even Osama bin Laden knew only the 9/11 hijacker pilots knew it was a suicide mission. Those in the back thought it was a regular hijacking. Still high risk, but not a suicide mission in their minds. It takes a certain amount of gumption to be willing to die for a cause.

LMAO!

So you know what they knew? Cool! And you think bin laden told the truth about anything? Even better. :lol:

No...it doesn't take gumption at all......all it takes is a fanatic.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
No, never, as a born again Christian, it is against Christianity to commit suicide, and that's what a suicide mission is. Your life is not your's to take. It was given to you by God, and he will determine when and how it's over.

No, never, as a born again Christian, it is against Christianity to commit suicide, and that's what a suicide mission is. Your life is not your's to take. It was given to you by God, and he will determine when and how it's over.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6c3OTr6yA]Spock Logic The Needs of the Many - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6c3OTr6yA]Spock Logic The Needs of the Many - YouTube[/ame]

Great movie. I love Star Trek.

Glad I'm not a Vulcan though... :)

So you would not do it? I would without a second thought.

I have the utmost respect and reverence for the Buddhist monks who self-immolated during the Vietnam war. Their motivation was selfless.

So you know what they knew? Cool! And you think bin laden told the truth about anything? Even better. :lol:

No...it doesn't take gumption at all......all it takes is a fanatic.[/COLOR]

1) http://www.defense.gov/news/Dec2001/d20011213ubl.pdf
Apparently my recollection is a little off:
UBL: The brothers, who conducted the operation, all they knew was that they have a
martyrdom operation and we asked each of them to go to America but they didn’t know
anything about the operation, not even one letter. But they were trained and we did not
reveal the operation to them until they are there and just before they boarded the planes.

2) I noticed you didn't vote in the poll and your entire line of posting has been ridicule. Is this because you do not think there is anything worth your risking your own skin?

3) It's easy to write some people off a fanatics. Sure, in some cases they are crazy. Are you saying they would be able to use an insanity defense if captured alive? I think most of them know exactly what they are doing. Just because we disagree with them doesn't detract from that fact.

Some people think Marines are crazy fanatics. Whatever floats your boat, Baby!:
"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he was a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the cockiest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and , generally speaking, of the United States Marines I've come in contact with, are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet."

So you would not do it? I would without a second thought.

Nope. I'm serious when I say as a Christian, it's not for me to take my own life. That's up to God, not me. Would I take a chance or a risk thinking I may NOT die, sure. I'm not a coward. But knowing that something I'd do was surely going to kill me, nope. I want to go to heaven when I die, not hell.

(This is kind of a touchy subject for me, my only brother committed suicide.)
Question: "What is the Christian view of suicide? What does the Bible say about suicide?"

Answer: The Bible mentions six specific people who committed suicide: Abimelech (Judges 9:54), Saul (1 Samuel 31:4), Saul's armor-bearer (1 Samuel 31:4-6), Ahithophel (2 Samuel 17:23), Zimri (1 Kings 16:18), and Judas (Matthew 27:5). Five of them were wicked, sinful men (not enough is said regarding Saul's armor-bearer to make a judgment as to his character). Some consider Samson an instance of suicide (Judges 16:26-31), but Samson's goal was to kill the Philistines, not himself. The Bible views suicide as equal to murder, which is what it is—self-murder. God is the only one who is to decide when and how a person should die.

What is the Christian view of suicide? What does the Bible say about suicide?

Last edited:
Are you having any trouble getting a woman to marry you.

Your question is unrelated to what I've said.
I wouldn't die for a woman that has NOT given birth to my children.
If I would've a sister that's something different and she counts as family like brothers and obviously I would do everything for them - in every situation.

It was a joke. Most people put their wives right up their with their children.

Not to a Muslim, wmen are property, lose it, just get another.

Forum List

Back