Would You Ever Go To The Movie Theaters Alone?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
There was a BIG debate about that today and I don't get why some people find that sad. All you're doing is going to watch a movie. It's not like you're talking to anybody during it. Otherwise you'll get kicked out of it. Although, I enjoy going to the movies with friends don't get me wrong, if there's a movie I want to go see that nobody else wants to then I'll go see it even if I go alone. Besides, can't beat the concession stand!! :biggrin:

Yes. I have gone to the movie theatre by myself on occasion. Usually I will go with a friend,my brother or kids. But if they aren’t available I will go alone. Out to eat alone also.

There was a BIG debate about that today and I don't get why some people find that sad. All you're doing is going to watch a movie. It's not like you're talking to anybody during it. Otherwise you'll get kicked out of it. Although, I enjoy going to the movies with friends don't get me wrong, if there's a movie I want to go see that nobody else wants to then I'll go see it even if I go alone. Besides, can't beat the concession stand!! :biggrin:

I have before but only to matinee showings at like 2 in the afternoon. Haven't been to a theater with or without an other in eons though. There really is no reason to these days. I can watch it at home on my big screen soon enough.

• Banned
I have before but only to matinee showings at like 2 in the afternoon. Haven't been to a theater with or without an other in eons though. There really is no reason to these days. I can watch it at home on my big screen soon enough.

That's true, and I think that there are certain streaming services that show movies still out in theaters. Illegal to show, but not illegal for the ones watching them.

That's true, and I think that there are certain streaming services that show movies still out in theaters. Illegal to show, but not illegal for the ones watching them.
I've watched online that way to pass the time but I usually do it proper through my TV provider if it is something I really want to see. TBH I seldom even watch TV any more and have gotten so out of touch with movies I am not sure what is or is not coming other than the top gun sequel which I can 100% guarantee you I will never watch. The preview I have seen looks like the worst acting jobs by the worst actors out there. Spiderman VIII and Batman XIV or whatever they are these days have zero appeal either. I can DVR a month's worth of shows I do watch and binge them on a rainy weekend and be caught up.

In a way, I was in a movie theater alone. I was there with two friends when I was almost 12, but because of how filled up the place was already when we walked in, we had to scatter. The empty seat that I was able to find was in the front row. I don't remember where they ended up sitting or if they even found empty seats for themselves. The only other thing that I remember is that the lights had already gone down and so that only made finding an empty seat even more challenging. How would things go for me now? It doesn't matter to me if I have company or not. There are different reasons why a person may be alone. They may be the only person that they know of who is interested in the film and with prices being what they are now, they may be the only person who has the money or even the time. I wouldn't be surprised if people nowadays don't have time for extracurricular activities due to how much time may have to be spent at work because of the short handedness issue.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. We were seeing the film named Beethoven 2 released in late 1993.

Last edited:
I have many times last time was to see The Darkest Hour. A movie about Winston Churchill's decision and his speech to fight and not surrender! No one I knew was interested in that type of film so I went alone. Glad I did an all-around well-done movie.
Some movies are best seen on a large movie screen to experience the full impact of the film.

Would You Ever Go To The Movie Theaters Alone?​

I've done it to see a really hot movie right after it opened when no one else was available. Once the lights go down, who really cares anyway.

What really sucked was going to a restaurant alone. Did that once and it got real stale fast. Upside: you get the whole table for your food!

I'll go anywhere alone as it doesn't make very much difference to me lol

As a child my parents would pay the 25 cents, shove me into the downtown picture show and go home and have alcohol and sex.. I suspect.. :confused:

.. just kidding ..

... sure .. just bring your own popcorn, soda or beer.

Forum List

Back