Would the country be better off today if Romney had won?

think Romney lost in one of his debates . I think that he won the 1st debate but went downhill after that . Was it Candy Crowley debate that did him in , I forget !! Ithink that there is possibility that he lost on purpose . Doesn't matter though as the damage is done in my opinion .

not in my opinion Skylar !! My big issue is immigration both legal and illegal and that started out under 'rr' and another boosh !! Real quick , USA pop was 200 million about in 1974 , today census place it at about 310 million not counting the 20 - 30 million illegals . I don't approve Skylar !! ---------------- Course I do have a plan and I encourage other Conservatives to take a look at it !!

The DW Nominate scale is a pretty objective measure of liberal or conservative leanings. And is considered the gold standard in washington. Pretty much every politician uses it.

On a scale of 0 to 1, with zero being perfectly moderate and 1 being the most extreme conservative position possible, GW scored a 0.723. Eisenhower in comparison scored a 0.302. Even Reagan scored 0.703.

GW was no moderate.

not in my opinion Skylar !! My big issue is immigration both legal and illegal and that started out under 'rr' and another boosh !! Real quick , USA pop was 200 million about in 1974 , today census place it at about 310 million not counting the 20 - 30 million illegals . I don't approve Skylar !! ---------------- Course I do have a plan and I encourage other Conservatives to take a look at it !!

The DW Nominate scale is a pretty objective measure of liberal or conservative leanings. And is considered the gold standard in washington. Pretty much every politician uses it.

On a scale of 0 to 1, with zero being perfectly moderate and 1 being the most extreme conservative position possible, GW scored a 0.723. Eisenhower in comparison scored a 0.302. Even Reagan scored 0.703.

GW was no moderate.

Nor are you a moderate, nor is Obama..

GW was no moderate.
Depends on the topic.. No child left behind is not a conservative system. Endless wars in the middle east against that which we fear... yeah that's not conservative either. Just because the republicans are "for" something does not make that a conservative position.

GW was no moderate.
Depends on the topic.. No child left behind is not a conservative system. Endless wars in the middle east against that which we fear... yeah that's not conservative either. Just because the republicans are "for" something does not make that a conservative position.

No child left behind was a reach across the isle to Senator Kennedy to show that Bush would work with the other side..

GW was no moderate.

No child left behind was a reach across the isle to Senator Kennedy to show that Bush would work with the other side..
I live in TX. I just happen to know that Bush pushed his no child left behind thing in TX first before he brought it to the federal level.

GW was no moderate.

I live in TX. I just happen to know that Bush pushed his no child left behind thing in TX first before he brought it to the federal level.

Hmmm, most of the texans I know are not idiots. you may be up for deportation :biggrin:

think Romney lost in one of his debates . I think that he won the 1st debate but went downhill after that . Was it Candy Crowley debate that did him in , I forget !! Ithink that there is possibility that he lost on purpose . Doesn't matter though as the damage is done in my opinion .

its very difficult to debate your opponent and the "moderator". That debate was a study in corrupt media manipulation.

GW was no moderate.

The legislation was proposed by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2001. It was coauthored by Representatives John Boehner (R-OH), George Miller (D-CA), and Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH). The United States House of Representatives passed the bill on May 23, 2001 (voting 384–45),[6] and the United States Senate passed it on June 14, 2001 (voting 91–8).[7] President Bush signed it into law on January 8, 2002.

No Child Left Behind Act - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Yes this was a disaster waiting to happen, but this was the first reach across the isle to show that Bush was willing to work with the other side of the isle.

GW was no moderate.

The legislation was proposed by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2001. It was coauthored by Representatives John Boehner (R-OH), George Miller (D-CA), and Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH). The United States House of Representatives passed the bill on May 23, 2001 (voting 384–45),[6] and the United States Senate passed it on June 14, 2001 (voting 91–8).[7] President Bush signed it into law on January 8, 2002.

Yes this was a disaster waiting to happen, but this was the first reach across the isle to show that Bush was willing to work with the other side of the isle.

and we are still waiting for obama's first attempt to reach across the aisle.

GW was no moderate.

and we are still waiting for obama's first attempt to reach across the aisle.

The only real thing we can expect from Obama is the reach around..

I don't care about some SCALE Sklar , I have my own eyes and reasoning and am not concerned with polls , scales or anything other than what I see . GWB woulda signed renewal of the assault weapons ban if it had made it to his desk . All booshs have flooded the USA with immigrants that they hope to pander to !!

I don't care about some SCALE Sklar , I have my own eyes and reasoning and am not concerned with polls , scales or anything other than what I see . GWB woulda signed renewal of the assault weapons ban if it had made it to his desk . All booshs have flooded the USA with immigrants that they hope to pander to !!

the OP asks if the country would be better off under Romney, this is not about Bush.

course he is a moderate , has close ties to 'mexico' as I think that his old man or family has ties to 'mexico' Redfish , same as boosh !!

Yes....the recovery would have happened faster and Isis would have been dealt with..because we would still have enough troops over there......and iran would not be getting nukes.....so the other nations would feel no need to get them themselves

Well, if you're going to ignore anything that contradicts, you regardless of the source.......then clearly we can't have an evidence based discussion.

Best of luck to you.

some silly measurement scales to measure a conservative and the scale says that the Rino is really conservative and I and other conservatives are supposed to take that seriously ?? I don't think so Skylar !!

Forum List

Back