words we don't use anymore/goofy words

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
...what are words not used too much any more about things still in use and/or goofy names
like ''''automobile''
..and I think ''air conditioner'' is goofy...we say ''heater'' or ''home heating'' but not '''home cooler'' /''cooler''/etc

"Dowager." One runs the House and gave gold pens to all who favored removal by impeachment of Trump based on false witness. Another dowager in the House instructed her minions to stalk and harass President Trump's staff while he was doing all he could to Make America great again. It was horrifying to watch the dowager antics of hate and retribution of the press after their intention to undermine ethical journalism was clarified by their disregard for truth determined by fact. It was a sad day for the United States Constitution.

I was checking out cleveland.com last night and saw a word that struck me because I hadn't seen/heard it used in quite some time, 'berserk'.

1616763867355.png

Now concerning names of objects, with the wife I use this one from the theme of Gilligan's Island: 'motor car'.
Another I haven't heard in a while makes me wonder if police officers are still referred to as the 'fuzz'?
In winter my mom when we went out would wear her 'babushka'.
'Adding machine' and 'typewriter' have pretty much become obsolete.

Last edited:
Shall/Shan't, asunder, betwixt, and erewhile. I love those words.

Hear-tell

I hear-tell they are up and moving to that town.

Forum List

Back