Women can't be trusted with their own bodies

Slaughter by whom against whom that are not- viable outside the womb?

to #551

I would interpret “Viable” to be about 24 weeks old. Is that when you think human live begins to have value?

However, “viable” could also be interpreted as the ability to survive independently. It takes years for a child to be capable of surviving on its own. A newborn can not even hold its own head up. In that case, some people are dependent on others for the entirety of their lifespan. All lives are dependent on their mothers not just in the womb but long after birth as well. Would you support the termination of a handicapped individual who is dependent on others for their basic needs (survival)?

Its also arguable that if not terminated the majority of aborted pregnancies before the point of viability would continue to develop, be born and live complete lives. In that case why do these lives not deserve protection and have value?

Why won’t you answer in plain English when you believe human life should have rights and protection under the law? And why human life before that point can be dismissed and terminated?

However, “viable” could also be interpreted as the ability to survive independently
No. We are talking about physical survivability. You know a brain that controls a cardiovascular system sufficient to be able to allow breathing air on his own when he or she emerges from the birth canal.

There are other major life-support systems that must be able to function on their own as well.

Such as having a mouth that can suck on a tit or a bottle. Such as a digestive system that can distribute nutrients to the vital organs and eliminate waste from the body into a diaper is the best situation.

Physical vability such that if the birth mother dies during birth and the infant survives, other humans could provide the type of life support I have referenced above.

Would you support the termination of a handicapped individual who is dependent on others for their basic needs (survival)?
No! Every person who emerges from the birth canal alive and stays alive with advanced medical technologies, and highly drained medical staff, must have protection from a civil society in order for that society to function. That’s PERIOD! No exceotions it’s in our constitution. “Born“

Explain that. Because 2/3 of the country are not blind to the reality I describe.

Have you for the past fifty years had concern if your neighbor had an abortion that she was coming for you or your loved ones next?

I live in the area and middle of the range where the DC Sniper chose his targets. One killing was a few miles to the east and the other was a few miles to the west. Other victims to the north and south for no reason.

Of course millions of people were concerned including me.
Appeal to popularity: Logic fail

For Whom the Bell Tolls
by
John Donne​
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

No! Every person who emerges from the birth canal alive and stays alive with advanced medical technologies, and highly drained medical staff, must have protection from a civil society in order for that society to function. That’s PERIOD! No exceotions it’s in our constitution. “Born“
You already said that “abortion kills a living human being in utero”. So, do you think a living human being in utero deserves protection under the law? If not, why does a ”living human being” inside the womb not deserve the same rights as a living human being outside the womb?
I assume this is due to your point of viability? So do you oppose abortion outside the point of viability?

The legislative proposals appear necessary as a way to move back to being a moral nation. What happened in Ohio needs to be prevented from happening elsewhere. These women will even cross borders to get abortions.

---Legislative efforts in Missouri and Mississippi are attempting to prevent voters from having a say over abortion rights, building on anti-abortion strategies seen in other states, including last year in Ohio.---

---Texas woman who sought court permission for abortion leaves state for the procedure, attorneys say---

Omg lol are we still in the 1950's? Give me a break. Women have the right to choose. It is there body and there choice. Your not killing any human by having an abortion, your just talking about a fetus lol. I come from a family of nurses and they are all pro abortion since they don't view this as a human at all. Your talking about a fetus, lol.

Omg lol are we still in the 1950's? Give me a break. Women have the right to choose. It is there body and there choice. Your not killing any human by having an abortion, your just talking about a fetus lol. I come from a family of nurses and they are all pro abortion since they don't view this as a human at all. Your talking about a fetus, lol.

As much as I hate to get lumped in with the right on this issue, if the fetus is not human, then what is it?

I would interpret “Viable” to be about 24 weeks old. Is that when you think human live begins to have value?

However, “viable” could also be interpreted as the ability to survive independently. It takes years for a child to be capable of surviving on its own. A newborn can not even hold its own head up. In that case, some people are dependent on others for the entirety of their lifespan. All lives are dependent on their mothers not just in the womb but long after birth as well. Would you support the termination of a handicapped individual who is dependent on others for their basic needs (survival)?

Its also arguable that if not terminated the majority of aborted pregnancies before the point of viability would continue to develop, be born and live complete lives. In that case why do these lives not deserve protection and have value?

Why won’t you answer in plain English when you believe human life should have rights and protection under the law? And why human life before that point can be dismissed and terminated?
... all of which is the woman's choice, not the fetus

Is a fetus not a human at an earlier stage of development than an adult? The difference is that the adult human has the power to make CHOICES of life or death affecting the human being at an earlier stage of development.

As is the unfertilized egg.

Thus, by your logic, an unfertilized egg is a person.

Your logic is really bad.

where did I call anything a person? Can you give me the post number where I did that?

Forum List

Back