Woman tasered near US/Canadian border for refusing trunk search.

She was pulled over for secondary inspection, which is reasonable suspicion AND she then refused to obey lawful orders while being detained. She was not practicing her rights

Fucking morons.

What reasonable suspicion did they have?

According to the article, several officers thought she was behaving suspiciously, Which as a former MP I will be the first to admit isn't always proof that a person is guilty of anything. People just get nervous around cops sometimes and give off a vibe they didn't mean to give off. But a good encounter can come from that. This woman simply didn't behave reasonably after being pulled over for secondary inspection to give the agents time to determine whether her behavior was due to nerves or something else.

She was pulled over for secondary inspection, which is reasonable suspicion AND she then refused to obey lawful orders while being detained. She was not practicing her rights

Fucking morons.

I really dont get all the hysteria.
I've had my FJ searched before crossing the Hoover dam. All you have to do is be cooperative and they generally will send you on your way after you've shown you dont have a problem with it.
They're looking for the people who act like the chick did. You know,the suspicious type.

Fucking morons.

I've had my FJ searched before crossing the Hoover dam. All you have to do is be cooperative and they generally will send you on your way after you've shown you dont have a problem with it.
They're looking for the people who act like the chick did. You know,the suspicious type.

I'm former law enforcement , and no one searches me or my vehicle just because. That isn't the issue here, the issue is the woman did not comply with lawful orders. A cop tells you to stand over there and stand still for a moment, you do what you're told.

I hope the next person that a cop tortures to get his rocks off is you, or one of your children.

You wont see me on the side of the road acting like an idiot,so dont bet the farm on it.

When a crazy cop pulls that kind of crap, it's usually more about the cop's violent nature than about anything the victim might do.

It was the womans suspicious behavior that brought the pain.
Some good advice.....Dont act like you have a kilo in the trunk and you wont get tased.

Fucking morons.

I'm former law enforcement , and no one searches me or my vehicle just because. That isn't the issue here, the issue is the woman did not comply with lawful orders. A cop tells you to stand over there and stand still for a moment, you do what you're told.

I really dont have a problem with it when it's at a check point like the Hoover dam or the border.
Guys are just doing their job.
I do however have a problem with DWI type check points and I appreciate the fact that those have been ruled unconstitutional in Texas.

Fucking morons.

According to the article, several officers thought she was behaving suspiciously, Which as a former MP I will be the first to admit isn't always proof that a person is guilty of anything. People just get nervous around cops sometimes and give off a vibe they didn't mean to give off. But a good encounter can come from that. This woman simply didn't behave reasonably after being pulled over for secondary inspection to give the agents time to determine whether her behavior was due to nerves or something else.

A large part of the encounter was filmed. She was less than agreeable, but did nothing to indicate she might have been a danger to anyone. The "her behavior forced the cop to do that" excuse just doesn't hold water this time. This wasn't a sudden incident where the cop had to make a snap judgment. That makes me wonder how many times the cops used that excuse before and got away with it.

I hope the next person that a cop tortures to get his rocks off is you, or one of your children.

You wont see me on the side of the road acting like an idiot,so dont bet the farm on it.

When a crazy cop pulls that kind of crap, it's usually more about the cop's violent nature than about anything the victim might do.

Some good advice.....Dont act like you have a kilo in the trunk and you wont get tased.

Bend over much?

Fucking morons.

I really dont have a problem with it when it's at a check point like the Hoover dam or the border.
Guys are just doing their job.
I do however have a problem with DWI type check points and I appreciate the fact that those have been ruled unconstitutional in Texas.

This wasn't at a border.

Ask STTAB. He got him a edumacation on where the border is. From a girl.
giggle.gif

More to the point, see this post and the link therein.

Bend over much?

So you're telling me you would act like the chick in the video?
I call bullshit.
There are ways to protest these sort of things if you're so inclined.
Acting like a moron isnt one of them. With all the videos on the internet showing the proper way to go about it I'd say the woman was a victim of her own stupidity.

Fucking morons.

A large part of the encounter was filmed. She was less than agreeable, but did nothing to indicate she might have been a danger to anyone. The "her behavior forced the cop to do that" excuse just doesn't hold water this time. This wasn't a sudden incident where the cop had to make a snap judgment. That makes me wonder how many times the cops used that excuse before and got away with it.

I watched the incident. In my personal opinion the officer did go to the taser too quickly. But, unless you've ever been there you can't understand the reasoning behind a decision. Take for example, the Michael Brown shooting; if that had been me, I wouldn't have had to have shot the fat kid. But that officer DID have to. Not every LEO can handle every situation the same. This LEO did not taze that woman out of malice, and that is the important factor here.

Personally, I HATE tazers, I think they actually encourage officers to use them and rely less on their own abilities, but that is at least somewhat due to the lowering of standards across the line when it comes to LEOs.

Forum List

Back