Winless Rubio Declares He is the Only Candidate that Can Defeat Clinton, lol

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
"Baghdad Bob" Rubio did not win anything last night and finished under 20% in every state.

And yet he still insists that he is THE ONLY candidate that can defeat Hillary in the general election.

The man is delusional. Somebody should stop him before he swallows a bullet.

It would like the 1984 Presidential election map. Rubio wins Minnesota.

image.png

All kidding aside, he is living in a fantasy world.

He's gotta realize that this is turning into a Cruz/Trump race, and that he's gotta get out of the way.
For all of his talk about being determined to stop Trump, he apparently is not so determined to stop Trump that Rubio is willing to drop out of the campaign.

He's gotta realize that this is turning into a Cruz/Trump race, and that he's gotta get out of the way.
For all of his talk about being determined to stop Trump, he apparently is not so determined to stop Trump that Rubio is willing to drop out of the campaign.

Trump is beatable if the other two guys get out now. My question is what happens to delegates of candidates that drop out? Are they released, or does the guy who they are pledged to get to tell them who to vote for?

Trump is beatable if the other two guys get out now. My question is what happens to delegates of candidates that drop out? Are they released, or does the guy who they are pledged to get to tell them who to vote for?
I am not so sure that is true, however, even if it is true, the egos are too large to actually do that.

Which kind of puts the lie to their claims about what a disaster Trump would be, otherwise they would pull the trigger on their own campaigns and leave Cruz as the only competitor to Trump.

View attachment 66468

But he will TAKE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!

He is the only one who can beat Hillary in the Electoral College. He wont let Donald Trump ruin the Party of Reagan either, he will go to the convention and kick each and every delegate in the shins until they agree to vote for him and stop Trump from destroying the party of Lincoln, Reagan and Harding!

/sarc

Rubio has a brain holio.

I am not so sure that is true, however, even if it is true, the egos are too large to actually do that.

Which kind of puts the lie to their claims about what a disaster Trump would be, otherwise they would pull the trigger on their own campaigns and leave Cruz as the only competitor to Trump.

To me it all depends on how the delegates for the two guys who drop are assigned, or not assigned.

"Baghdad Bob" Rubio did not win anything last night and finished under 20% in every state.

And yet he still insists that he is THE ONLY candidate that can defeat Hillary in the general election.

He should drop out before getting embarrassed in Florida... this is what happens when you through in with the likes of Chuckie Schumer:slap:

Isn't Rubio running on the theory that keeping all four candidates in, stealing delegates here and there (not so much for him last night, but anyway...) will get them to a contested convention? That is his way of 'beating Trump.' Rubio has no doubt had establishment Republicans whisper in his ear that they will get him through on the convention floor.
I doubt if they're whispering that after the past week's primaries, but I think that's why he is hanging in.
I agree he should bow out, because losing Florida would be an embarrassment he will never live down. And he is a career politician--he'll be running for something or other forever.

To me it all depends on how the delegates for the two guys who drop are assigned, or not assigned.
The establishment will recommend that everyone get out except Trump, because Trump will tell them to go to Hell.

Then the establishment will award all of the non-Trump delegates to Hillary.

Isn't Rubio running on the theory that keeping all four candidates in, stealing delegates here and there (not so much for him last night, but anyway...) will get them to a contested convention? That is his way of 'beating Trump.' Rubio has no doubt had establishment Republicans whisper in his ear that they will get him through on the convention floor.
I doubt if they're whispering that after the past week's primaries, but I think that's why he is hanging in.
I agree he should bow out, because losing Florida would be an embarrassment he will never live down. And he is a career politician--he'll be running for something or other forever.

that is what the establishment has told him

View attachment 66468

But he will TAKE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE!

He is the only one who can beat Hillary in the Electoral College. He wont let Donald Trump ruin the Party of Reagan either, he will go to the convention and kick each and every delegate in the shins until they agree to vote for him and stop Trump from destroying the party of Lincoln, Reagan and Harding!

/sarc

Rubio has a brain holio.

If loses he Florida, which seems likely, his career in politics is likely over. Hell, even Santorum was wise enough to get of the race before the PA primary as Mitt was going to crush him. Some people need to know when it is time to leave the stage.

Rubio needs to get out now. Yes before Florida. His decision to go "Trump" on Trump was a disaster. Give Kasich and/or Cruz a chance.

Wake up, Marco. If you can't beat the other Republican candidates, claims of being able to defeat Hillary is a pipe dream.

Best drop out now because you're gonna look like the village idiot doing it after you get creamed in your own state. Your choice. Live to fight another day or flush your future.

I wish Paul was still in the thick of it. Kasich is the only person presently running for either party I will vote for. If he drops out, I'll vote for Gary Johnson again.

The idea that he is the only candidate who can defeat HRC is not entirely fatuous. Even if he fails to gain the nomination (obviously, this is very likely), it could be true.

Trump is viewed unfavorably by almost 2/3 of the American population. His roughly 33% share in the primaries so far is his electoral CEILING, accomplished partly by Democrats voting in Republican primaries to push him above the others. Cruz is brilliant, and a great conservative; I have no doubt that he could make HRC look like a fool in one-on-one debates (assuming they are properly conducted), but he is NOT LIKEABLE, and the Democrats are good at exploiting this. Look what happened to the likeable Mitt Romney - they made him look like an ogre.

Rubio is handsome and charming, and can move to the illusive "middle" quite easily despite his 98% conservative voting record in the Senate.

Americans DO NOT WANT TO ELECT HILLARY CLINTON as their next president. They may want a Democrat, and they may want a woman, but HRC is an odious, un-likeable person with no significant achievements on her record despite decades of opportunities to achieve something noteworthy. The continuing viability of Bernie Sanders is ENTIRELY the result of HRC's shortcomings with the Democrat voters.

American voters will only elect HRC if the Republican running against her is totally unpalatable. Trump or Cruz.

Rubio is the only Republican still standing who could defeat HRC in the general election. The fact that he is doing poorly in Republican primaries does not change this fact.

I wish Paul was still in the thick of it. Kasich is the only person presently running for either party I will vote for. If he drops out, I'll vote for Gary Johnson again.

Only a Trump nomination would make me go third party vote, i.e. "I'm wasting a vote to make a statement, neener neener neener!!!!"

Forum List

Back