Windows 10 Pro on USB flash drive SOLD OUT

I wonder if they will restock this item because I really dont want to buy it from a third party provider, I want the real official thing. With Pro you get Bitlocker and you can lock folders up with password protection much like you can with Word documents in Windows 365. Got any ideas for some trustworthy alternatives if I cant find me what I am looking for?
On Linux you can lock folders since... lord... early 1990s.
Is this another "look what we did!!" Microsoft moment that others did years ago?

People in the 90's and the early 2000's still knew what a command prompt was and how to go from there for the most part. It is the downside of everything being downloaded and auto installed, plug and play, auto-updated, etc. Not as many people know what lies beneath what they see on the screen. If windows doesn't have a fool-proof app for it, more and more people are clueless.
I'm learning how to fit in but somehow nothings working.

FORTRAN? :rolleyes: He's only 22.

FORTRAN still exists. Used by science departments in universities still among others. It is an oldy but a suckie. Why it still exists, nobody knows. Problem has always been the compilers don't play well with OS's, especially Windows.

I did find a sealed box of Windows Pro 10 USB but Im not installing it before I completely remove the data off my drive including the old OS. Next Im going to get Windows 7 installation media and get a vintage laptop made in the late 1990s.

Why it still exists, nobody knows.

Legacy. Hundreds of thousands of programs written FORTRAN would have to be re-written at the cost of millions of dollars.

Why do that if they are already running fine on existing platforms?

You can't actually fully install Windows without an Internet connection.
I dont need the whole thing, office word and net stuff. Notepad is good enough. Actually reaching the point where I get one of my laptops to become unreachable on the internet and completely privatized is my ultimate goal and if I must sacrifice some of the nicer applications to accomplish this then so be it. I cant be a professional writer with leaks, you cant sell your stuff that way and publishers basically blacklist any writer with a leak.

Next Im going to get Windows 7 installation media and get a vintage laptop made in the late 1990s.

Drop back a decade and use this ...

z80.jpg

Although it's called an "emulator". It doesn't boot on top of another OS, it's actually a bare metal CP/M OS running on a Raspberry Pi.

I dont need the whole thing, office word and net stuff. Notepad is good enough. Actually reaching the point where I get one of my laptops to become unreachable on the internet and completely privatized is my ultimate goal and if I must sacrifice some of the nicer applications to accomplish this then so be it. I cant be a professional writer with leaks, you cant sell your stuff that way and publishers basically blacklist any writer with a leak.

I believe, if you do this, Windows will continuously remind you that you are running an un-registered version of the OS.

This has nothing to do with Bill Gates and truthfully he is only a part of Microsoft and isn't responsible for most of the details at that company, especially these days. Windows is the best choice if you want to make money, the infrastructure is enormous, the products used everywhere and almost everyone I ever knew with a computer ran Windows.
Sateya Nadella runs Microsoft now. and has for years.

Last edited:

If you're looking for an OS that can more seamlessly operate free of Internet authentication, you might want to look at Linux. Linux has versions of pretty much every business and personal software application (available as freeware) which are file format compatible with Windows apps.

It has a GUI similar to Windows.

01-how-to-install-gnome-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts-focal-fossa.png

Buying the original Mocrosoft manufactured USB Windows 10 Pro flash drive was the best thing I could do. This version works flawlessly unlike the free version or pre-installed versions you get on a new PC. Theres no bloatware at all. Works fine. Fixed all the problems I was having with my PC. Tried fixing it with all available recovery options and the free ISO, nothing worked. But when I completely erased my whole drive and partitions except for BIOs then stuck this USB in, it installed itself faster than any other installation I've done and without any errors. Highly recommended for SSD if you can find an original Microsoft USB. Been using it with no issues for two months now. Got it saved in the box and ready to use for all my new PCs from here on out

If you're looking for an OS that can more seamlessly operate free of Internet authentication, you might want to look at Linux. Linux has versions of pretty much every business and personal software application (available as freeware) which are file format compatible with Windows apps.

It has a GUI similar to Windows.

View attachment 688652
If you want a Linux version that literally looks like Windows........... Windowsfx 11

Forum List

Back