Will The Supreme Court Finally Strike Down Miranda Rights?? Let's Hope So!!

Are you saying miranda rights are only for criminals?

Last I checked, rights applied to everyone...even the ones who don't watch CSI and NCIS -- but its good to see you feel those boots taste good...
I suggest you watch some videos on YouTube…
Police lie to people all the time in order to bypass the Miranda Rights statement.

This is one issue where the fed should have precedence, being this is a constitutional right.
All rights are Constitutional rights. If we concede them all but the few listed explicitly in the Bill of Rights, we can kiss freedom goodbye.

Police lie to people all the time in order to bypass the Miranda Rights statement.

The requirement to fully disclose evidence to be used in prosecution ONLY applies when a prosecution brief has been sent to court.

There is no requirement to be forthcoming with a suspect regarding what evidence the police have regarding the offense(s) that the arrested person is being interrogated.

It is often a useful tactic to let the accused know the evidence against them in a recorded interrogation, because that recorded interrogation is admissible in court and people's reaction when being confronted with evidence is usually the most clear evidence of guilt. Some of the stories they will spin to explain police evidence are truly cringeworthy.

NOTE to anyone: I don't care if you're guilty or innocent ... just take The Fifth.

However, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason to go into an interrogation with an accused person without Mirandizing them as all that incriminating stuff that comes out in the interrogation would be inadmissible. It is crucial that you Mirandize anyone you interrogate and do it on tape before any questions.

Forum List

Back