WI county sheriff denies plagiarizing master's thesis

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who says he's been appointed an assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security, has denied he plagiarized content in his master's thesis on homeland security, while the Naval Postgraduate School confirmed Sunday that it's reviewing the allegations.

The denial followed a CNN report Saturday saying Clarke, who built a following among conservatives with his provocative social media presence and strong support of President Donald Trump, failed to properly attribute his sources at least 47 times in his 2013 thesis, titled "Making U.S. security and privacy rights compatible."

Clarke wrote in an email to The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel ( CNN report says Sheriff David Clarke plagiarized parts of his thesis on homeland security ) that "only someone with a political agenda would say this is plagiarism."

DHS hopeful Clarke denies plagiarism in master's thesis

"only someone with a political agenda would say this is plagiarism." lol, so he too is saying this is plagiarism?

btw the bling on his uniform below is bogus lol.......freakin poser!

DavidClarke-660x330.jpg

Homeland security did not exist when he was in school..
Next lie?

The thesis is from 2013. Not everyone attends college right away or goes to graduate school after they finish their baccalaureate.

Isn't it long past time to take a really hard look at this entire society and admit it runs on corruption and illusion? The entire thing?

I read the article and it appears he may have a point. He did give citations to the passages he lifted but he didn't use the proper methods for citations.

He didn't use quotes on the passages lifted which is required, and his annotations weren't made in the proper manner.

My college professor friends tell me this is a big deal. There are classes on how to properly write your thesis which I gather he skipped because he did it all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who says he's been appointed an assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security, has denied he plagiarized content in his master's thesis on homeland security, while the Naval Postgraduate School confirmed Sunday that it's reviewing the allegations.

The denial followed a CNN report Saturday saying Clarke, who built a following among conservatives with his provocative social media presence and strong support of President Donald Trump, failed to properly attribute his sources at least 47 times in his 2013 thesis, titled "Making U.S. security and privacy rights compatible."

Clarke wrote in an email to The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel ( CNN report says Sheriff David Clarke plagiarized parts of his thesis on homeland security ) that "only someone with a political agenda would say this is plagiarism."

"only someone with a political agenda would say this is plagiarism." lol, so he too is saying this is plagiarism?

DavidClarke-660x330.jpg
IMPEACH! IMPEACH! :eusa_dance:

DavidClarke-660x330.jpg
IMPEACH! IMPEACH! :eusa_dance:

I say we just kick back, enjoy the show, and watch the whole thing go tits up.

He gave the correct credit and appropriately cited the material in footnotes. This is not plagiarism. He did not claim the material as his own. He error was in the form presented

He gave the correct credit and appropriately cited the material in footnotes. This is not plagiarism. He did not claim the material as his own. He error was in the form presented
Hair splitting always favors partisanshitheadism.

Then I suggest you quit doing it!

Pointing it out makes you nervous doesn't it.

Look, this is a meaningless non-event. The only point is to keep the little people hissing at each other.

Hair splitting would be you thinking we would care whether the man acknowledged his sources on page 3 or page 5. We don't see that effecting his ability to do his job. As far as this ridiculous, muckraking, leftist, non stop whine, we favor don'tgiveashitism.

We don't see that effecting his ability to do his job. As far as this ridiculous, muckraking, leftist, non stop whine, we favor don'tgiveashitism.

well maybe you don't, but most of us would rather not see crooks and liars in positions of authority......much like Agent Orange

Hair splitting would be you thinking we would care whether the man acknowledged his sources on page 3 or page 5. We don't see that effecting his ability to do his job. As far as this ridiculous, muckraking, leftist, non stop whine, we favor don'tgiveashitism.

Yeah see that's the thing, read the entire thread. I don't care. You don't care. No one cares. But the system requires chaos and background noise.

Yeah see that's the thing, read the entire thread. I don't care. You don't care. No one cares. But the system requires chaos and background noise.

I hear ya

Forum List

Back