Why won't Biden commit to having abortions performed on federal land in Jesusland states?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard

He fears providers or women could be arrested? First of all, make the providers federal employees. Give them pardons if necessary. Biden and the centrists still don't comprehend the Federalists and McConnell declared a war of scorched earth with Gorsuch and Kennedy. If they have any hope of winning elections, they better pull up their jockey's and kick some ass.

He fears providers or women could be arrested? First of all, make the providers federal employees. Give them pardons if necessary. Biden and the centrists still don't comprehend the Federalists and McConnell declared a war of scorched earth with Gorsuch and Kennedy. If they have any hope of winning elections, they better pull up their jockey's and kick some ass.

Relax, Biden hasn't been told yet what he thinks. When they tell him, you'll be the first to know. Oh, and you're a racist

Last edited:

It’s a dangerous path to go down when the feds bypass state laws on federal land. Undermines the republic in which we stand. There is a proper and better way to pass an abortion law. Why hasn’t congress written one yet?

It’s a dangerous path to go down when the feds bypass state laws on federal land. Undermines the republic in which we stand. There is a proper and better way to pass an abortion law. Why hasn’t congress written one yet?
I doubt they have the votes. But Biden has exec power. You don't think Dobbs undermined confidence in the sup ct? The dems are playing a different game than the gop, and Gen Z is not stupid.
“Can you imagine seeing hundreds of mobile clinics deployed from Washington to [the] states?” Woodbury added.
Chuck Rocha, a Democratic strategist who focuses on Latino voters, a demographic group that skews far younger than most racial groups, echoed those concerns, noting that he’s “found in focus groups that just saying, ‘[I’m] fighting for it,’ is not enough any more.”
“They are tired of us saying, ‘we’re fighting,’ but not delivering shit. What can you do tangibly to make a difference to do something about this?” Rocha continued. “We are good at bringing a policy book to a fist fight, and I worry about young people not showing up to vote because of it.”
This is a uniquely important challenge for Democrats hoping to mobilize voters under 30, who were a critical part of the party’s coalition that flipped the House in 2018 and retook the Senate and White House in 2020. Not only did three-quarters of them say abortion should be generally legal, 30 percent said it should be legal in all cases — which represents a yawning generational gap compared to other age groups, according to Pew Research. The organization’s polling shows that 54 percent of voters over 65 said abortion should be legal, by contrast.
Joe Biden poses for a selfie at a campaign event in Las Vegas.
ELECTIONS

Democrats turn to their Gen Z whisperer as youth support wobbles

BY ELENA SCHNEIDER
Woodbury pointed to last year’s Virginia elections as a warning to Democrats, if they fail to activate young voters. Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin won a state that backed Biden by a 10-point margin, in part, because “a bunch of Biden voters stayed home, and the electorate was 12 percent whiter and 8 percent older,” Woodbury said.

MOST READ​

YYMMDD_Template_Producer.00_02_39_17.Still015.jpg
  1. New Jan. 6 Trump documentary footage revealed

2. No more whispers: Recession talk surges in Washington

3. Abortion fight strains Democratic alliance with Gen Z

4. The metamorphosis of J.K. Rowling

5. Despite rebukes, Trump’s legal brigade is thriving

“In every battleground state in America, if on the day after Election Day in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona, the electorate is 12 percent whiter and 8 percent older, then we’ve lost all of them,” he continued. “I’m afraid [young voters are] growing so cynical that they’re just going to find other ways of expressing their discontent like protest, but not voting.”
But there are signs that voters under 30 will still show up in November, despite their frustration.

I doubt they have the votes. But Biden has exec power. You don't think Dobbs undermined confidence in the sup ct? The dems are playing a different game than the gop, and Gen Z is not stupid.
“Can you imagine seeing hundreds of mobile clinics deployed from Washington to [the] states?” Woodbury added.
Chuck Rocha, a Democratic strategist who focuses on Latino voters, a demographic group that skews far younger than most racial groups, echoed those concerns, noting that he’s “found in focus groups that just saying, ‘[I’m] fighting for it,’ is not enough any more.”
“They are tired of us saying, ‘we’re fighting,’ but not delivering shit. What can you do tangibly to make a difference to do something about this?” Rocha continued. “We are good at bringing a policy book to a fist fight, and I worry about young people not showing up to vote because of it.”
This is a uniquely important challenge for Democrats hoping to mobilize voters under 30, who were a critical part of the party’s coalition that flipped the House in 2018 and retook the Senate and White House in 2020. Not only did three-quarters of them say abortion should be generally legal, 30 percent said it should be legal in all cases — which represents a yawning generational gap compared to other age groups, according to Pew Research. The organization’s polling shows that 54 percent of voters over 65 said abortion should be legal, by contrast.
Joe Biden poses for a selfie at a campaign event in Las Vegas.
ELECTIONS

Democrats turn to their Gen Z whisperer as youth support wobbles

BY ELENA SCHNEIDER
Woodbury pointed to last year’s Virginia elections as a warning to Democrats, if they fail to activate young voters. Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin won a state that backed Biden by a 10-point margin, in part, because “a bunch of Biden voters stayed home, and the electorate was 12 percent whiter and 8 percent older,” Woodbury said.

MOST READ​

YYMMDD_Template_Producer.00_02_39_17.Still015.jpg
  1. New Jan. 6 Trump documentary footage revealed

2. No more whispers: Recession talk surges in Washington

3. Abortion fight strains Democratic alliance with Gen Z

4. The metamorphosis of J.K. Rowling

5. Despite rebukes, Trump’s legal brigade is thriving

“In every battleground state in America, if on the day after Election Day in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona, the electorate is 12 percent whiter and 8 percent older, then we’ve lost all of them,” he continued. “I’m afraid [young voters are] growing so cynical that they’re just going to find other ways of expressing their discontent like protest, but not voting.”
But there are signs that voters under 30 will still show up in November, despite their frustration.
As much as I support a womens right to abort I think we need to pass our laws properly. Otherwise your gonna see AR-15 depots being set up on federal lands in every state once the right takes over. It’s just not the right way to go about things.

I don’t care if they have the votes or not. Write a good law and promote it. If it gains public support then those in leadership vote against it, they will pay at the ballot box. That’s how it is supposed to work. Abortions should have been a legislative protection anyways, not a court precedent. Let’s get it done.

"Jesusland"?

The derogatory nature of that term turns me off to this entire thread.

At any rate, refer to Slade's post. That in a nutshell. You try to usurp the very underpinnings of our republic simply because another underpinning of our republic ruled against you (the Supreme Court), you ask for trouble.

My solution would be to ban elective abortions at any stage of pregnancy unless it was to save the life of the mother, was a result of rape, a product of incest, or a child pregnancy like the one in Ohio.

Because it would be ruled unconstitutional under Dobbs, which left it rightly to the State legislatures?

The only thing the feds could do is pass a law preventing States from exercising any authority over people doing things outside their own States, even concerning their own residents. That falls under federal power, and would be 100% constitutional.

Any State law trying to punish providers or persons getting abortions outside said State, even residents, would be patently unconstitutional.

Yea really.
Biden should be setting up abortion tents all across America. Maybe even open them up to public viewing to allow everyone to watch such a critically important medical procedure (with the consent of the birthing person of course). Why not televise them too? Bring in kids to watch for the educational aspect. There is so much Biden can be doing. Why isn’t he?

Because it's none of the governments business.

Way too many people want the government to be involved in every little thing. They should be more hands off of people's lives instead in them more. Their job is to take care of the country as an overall entity and not meddle in people's personal lives. That's the job of states.

Why didn't Obama get it done when he had majorities in the House and Senate? Why didn't Joe Biden get it done when he had majorities in the House and Senate?

Do you get it yet?

As much as I support a womens right to abort I think we need to pass our laws properly. Otherwise your gonna see AR-15 depots being set up on federal lands in every state once the right takes over. It’s just not the right way to go about things.

I don’t care if they have the votes or not. Write a good law and promote it. If it gains public support then those in leadership vote against it, they will pay at the ballot box. That’s how it is supposed to work. Abortions should have been a legislative protection anyways, not a court precedent. Let’s get it done.
Oh come on man, they only had 50 years to get it right. They move so slow in Washington.

Because they have no more constitutional authority to impose abortion on the nation than the court did. It's not a federal power.

Well, we'll see, but the gop hasn't played by those rules for 6 going on 7 years. I hope we don't see another group of Ayers and the Weathermen, but the dems need to show voters that their mission is to elect a Court that will support individual rights and personal autonomy, or they will not win elections.

ps, and you can't codify Roe without 60 votes, and if you kill the filibuster, the gop will simply repeal the law with 50 votes

Last edited:

Why? Because your "president" is a failure, in just about everything else he does or won't do.

Forum List

Back