Why two doses for those who had COVID19

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
Studies have shown that people who have been infected can benefit significantly from vaccination. It gives them a strong, lasting immunity boost. After receiving the first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, they have immunity levels comparable to those of uninfected people who have received their second dose. Only one dose required in Europe? More money for the Pharma companies?

Funny as they don’t know how long immunity lasts. My did for 15 mos and then they stopped testing. The guessing game is interesting l.

-Covid is not about covid.

-The vaccine is a gene therapy platform. It is closer to stem cell treatment than a vaccine.

Studies have shown that people who have been infected can benefit significantly from vaccination. It gives them a strong, lasting immunity boost. After receiving the first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, they have immunity levels comparable to those of uninfected people who have received their second dose. Only one dose required in Europe? More money for the Pharma companies?

Funny as they don’t know how long immunity lasts. My did for 15 mos and then they stopped testing. The guessing game is interesting l.

Most of us took a two dose vaccine. They quit testing me also, wanting me to go back on straight platelet donations. Whatever. You never hear much about convalescent plasma anymore.

Most of us took a two dose vaccine. They quit testing me also, wanting me to go back on straight platelet donations. Whatever. You never hear much about convalescent plasma anymore.
Red Cross ended that program in June.

It was always platelets. Not sure why I called it plasma. The program ended in June.
When I was doing the convalescent thing (at your recommendation, by the way) mine was plasma. I never actually heard of convalescent platelets. Whatever it was, I haven't been in that program since about this time last year, so I have been doing platelets ever since. They got me, sort of in for a penny ,in for a pound. I wondered at the time they wanted me in the platelet program whether I had given away my beneficial antibodies as a reason for the decline. Who knows.

The left don't want you to know some facts. First, 90% or more of US cases are currently the Delta variant. So, if you catch the Delta variant and recover, you have an extremely high probability of not re-catching the Delta variant any time soon, so vaccination would be totally and completely unnecessary in the near to moderate term, unless you were exposed to a different variant afterward or your original infection was from a different variant than the Delta one. How long that protection would last isn't currently known, however, that protection would probably last a similar length in time to what a vaccine would provide, since even those wane over time.

Second, these Mrna vaccines aren't like normal vaccines so they do pretty much nothing to stop you from contracting the Delta variant as the vaccines weren't even developed to deal with the Delta variant. What they do do is offer a high level of protection from serious illness requiring hospitalization or from dying from the infection. These vaccines were not designed to actually fight off an infection such as measles, polio, and other vaccines do.

Sounds like you had an earlier variant of Covid so getting a two shot vaccine would be the best bet. Even though it may not stop you from catching the Delta variant and getting sick from it, you will have better protection from hospitalization and death from the Delta variant.

Last edited:
This claim is becoming a tad tiresome. Natural immunity is fine, but nobody really knows how long that lasts and natural immunity COMBINED with vaccine is believed superior.

Forum List

Back