Why the Theory of Evolution is not only the right answer, why it is a critical answer

"If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?" -- George Carlin

Crusader Frank nnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Don't get your opinions from comedians, leave that to the ignorant left.
Are you going to start quoting Bill Maher next???

To answer his question, we still have monkeys and apes because their present existence doesn't depend on whether or not we evolved from a common ancestor. But stay tuned, I suspect that many will be extinct at our hands in the near future.

Common ancestry didn't play a role in this research.

Many cancers are caused by viruses (cervical cancer, for instance). And viruses do, in fact, evolve by the exact same processes that all life evolves. Many other cancers are caused by genetic mutations, which is part of the basis for evolution. So to declare that common ancestry doesn't play a role is a meaningless statement.

For your hypothesis to be valid cancer cells would have to become another species like a tapeworm. LOL

The article doesn't support what you are claiming.

Common ancestry didn't play a role in this research.

Many cancers are caused by viruses (cervical cancer, for instance). And viruses do, in fact, evolve by the exact same processes that all life evolves. Many other cancers are caused by genetic mutations, which is part of the basis for evolution. So to declare that common ancestry doesn't play a role is a meaningless statement.

For your hypothesis to be valid cancer cells would have to become another species like a tapeworm. LOL

The article doesn't support what you are claiming.

Indicating that you not only don't understand cancer, you don't understand the theory of evolution. Care to try again?

That quite a big chunk of hyperbole there.

How so?

PredFan said:
Evolution is the right answer, but converting creationists will in no way affect cancer research.

You don't know that. For all we know, a converted creationist could be so inspired by his revelation that he goes on and finds the cure of many diseases. After all, a former creationist had a major hand in the Human Genome project.

Again with the hyperbole.

That quite a big chunk of hyperbole there.

How so?

PredFan said:
Evolution is the right answer, but converting creationists will in no way affect cancer research.

You don't know that. For all we know, a converted creationist could be so inspired by his revelation that he goes on and finds the cure of many diseases. After all, a former creationist had a major hand in the Human Genome project.

Again with the hyperbole.

Again with the non-response.

Science is not about proofs. It is about empirical evidence. The evidence in support of the theory of evolution is leading us towards more and more medical advancements, particularly in the field of disease prevention and cures to disease and genetic disorders. This is not merely an opinion. It is a demonstrable scientific fact.

Where is your empirical evidence where man made the leap from ape to humanoid? Where did it all begin? Big Bang theory? How did that big ball of mass that exploded come to be? If it even existed at all.

You seem to believe that somewhere in the past an ape suddenly became a human being via magic. That is probably a result of your biblical upbringing, but it has nothing to do with the theory of evolution. Evolution works on populations via natural selection. The big bang theory is irrelevant to the theory of evolution - you bringing it up is notrhing but creationist misdirection. The conversation, in case you have forgotten, is about how cancer evolves, and how knowledge of that evolution will likely lead to cures. Not only that, but this research demonstrates macroevolution. Do you have anything to add to that discussion?

so if we evolved from apes, which are all brown eyed, how did humans come to have blue, hazel, green eyes? mutation does not equate to evolution.

Though military officers had to go to university? Maybe that's only the Navy but not the Army. Should look at what a scientific theory actually indicates. It isn't the same thing as when an individual says, "I have a theory about this thing." It's as true and reliable as it gets.

Scientific Hypothesis, Theory, Law Definitions

defs for scientific theory, laws, and hypothesis.

From your own reference: One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.

So accept it if you must, I do not accept it as the singular explanation for how we came to be on this earth.

And you have a right to be as stupid as you like. Congratulations.

And you have the right to continue to be a fertilizer spreader.

Evolution is a fact

God is a theory

No, not fact, best guess.

The fat man and little boy were also best guesses, and they ended WWII.

That's the best comparison you have to attempt to lend credit to the theory of evolution? That the theory of relativity is sound? I'm not arguing the theory of relativity. Are you saying the theory of relativity ended WWII? The conflict would have ended anyway. The theory of relativity enabled man to build a weapon that hastened the end of that conflict. Not sure how this supports the theory of evolution, but thanks for trying.

"If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?" -- George Carlin

To answer his question, we still have monkeys and apes because their present existence doesn't depend on whether or not we evolved from a common ancestor. But stay tuned, I suspect that many will be extinct at our hands in the near future.

So are you admitting that the theory of evolution has holes in it?

Until the "theory" is proven, it isn't true.

Science is not about proofs. It is about empirical evidence. The evidence in support of the theory of evolution is leading us towards more and more medical advancements, particularly in the field of disease prevention and cures to disease and genetic disorders. This is not merely an opinion. It is a demonstrable scientific fact.

Absolutely true. It's a shame the climatologists aren't held to the same high standard don't you think?

Until the "theory" is proven, it isn't true.

Absolutely true. It's a shame the climatologists aren't held to the same high standard don't you think?

If you want to discuss climate science, I suggest you go elsewhere. It is irrelevant to this thread.

So are you admitting that the theory of evolution has holes in it?

WTF?

Just because a new species evolves doesn't mean that the one(s) before it automatically disappears. Get as clue.

No, not fact, best guess.

The fat man and little boy were also best guesses, and they ended WWII.

That's the best comparison you have to attempt to lend credit to the theory of evolution? That the theory of relativity is sound? I'm not arguing the theory of relativity. Are you saying the theory of relativity ended WWII? The conflict would have ended anyway. The theory of relativity enabled man to build a weapon that hastened the end of that conflict. Not sure how this supports the theory of evolution, but thanks for trying.

The point, Mr. retired GI, is that scientific theories are not in the same category of "theory" that the average retired schumck understands (such as when a retired GI might say "I had a theory that corporal Kelly was a moron". Scientific theories are backed by extensive evidence collected by hundreds to thousands of scientists during many decades (in the case of evolution, by over 150 years) of research, experimentation, and verification. If I have to explain this to you, perhaps you aren't qualified to be in this discussion. Being a retired military guy, you, of all people should know not to get into a gun fight unarmed. But thanks for trying.

Last edited:
From your own reference: One definition of a theory is to say it's an accepted hypothesis.

So accept it if you must, I do not accept it as the singular explanation for how we came to be on this earth.

And you have a right to be as stupid as you like. Congratulations.

And you have the right to continue to be a fertilizer spreader.

Obviously, your only point in coming to this thread is to disrupt it. So my only recourse is to put you on my ignore list. Congratulations, schmuck.

Where is your empirical evidence where man made the leap from ape to humanoid? Where did it all begin? Big Bang theory? How did that big ball of mass that exploded come to be? If it even existed at all.

You seem to believe that somewhere in the past an ape suddenly became a human being via magic. That is probably a result of your biblical upbringing, but it has nothing to do with the theory of evolution. Evolution works on populations via natural selection. The big bang theory is irrelevant to the theory of evolution - you bringing it up is notrhing but creationist misdirection. The conversation, in case you have forgotten, is about how cancer evolves, and how knowledge of that evolution will likely lead to cures. Not only that, but this research demonstrates macroevolution. Do you have anything to add to that discussion?

so if we evolved from apes, which are all brown eyed, how did humans come to have blue, hazel, green eyes? mutation does not equate to evolution.

It is if it is passed down to offspring. What surprises me is that you even asked that question at all. You really do need a primer on the subject.

Forum List

Back