Why the Loretta Lynch nomination is absolutely political

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
And the games goes on with this thug we call President and his party of comrades in arms.

SNIP;
posted at 5:31 pm on November 8, 2014 by Jazz Shaw
  • 179 SHARES
By now you are doubtless aware that the President called a presser earlier today to officially announce what the cable news networks had been saying for days. His pick for the new Attorney General, replacing the outgoing Eric Holder, is New York U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch.
If confirmed, Lynch will become the first African-American woman in the job, succeeding Holder, who was the first African-American head of the Justice Department.
“I couldn’t be more proud to nominate Loretta Lynch as our next attorney general,” Obama said during a brief White House ceremony.

The president cited Lynch’s successful efforts as U.S. attorney for eastern New York in prosecuting terrorists, mobsters and Democratic and Republican public officials.
“It’s pretty hard to be more qualified for the job than Loretta,” Obama said.

Watching the coverage leading up to the press conference there was one repeating theme from both the media and Democrat spokespersons. (But I repeat myself.) While there was plenty of touting of Lynch’s various qualifications, the one item which was mentioned so many times that I lost count was the fact that she had previously been twice approved by the Senate. (In 1999 by Clinton and again in 2010 by Obama.) And, these talking heads were studious in pointing out to me, each of those confirmations passed unanimously. (Actually, on a voice vote.)

Just to make sure I was getting the message, the news desk anchors further assured me on multiple occasions that Lynch had prosecuted both Democrats and Republicans. This was apparently critical information, letting me know that she couldn’t possibly be some sort of partisan activist… perish the thought. (Though it should be clear that people from both parties commit crimes, so really that’s only a definition of doing your job.) CNN also trotted out one of her staffers from New York who is – and they Really Really Really want to stress thisa Republican. And her only comment was the fact that she is, indeed, a Republican and Ms. Lynch doesn’t care about such things.

The reason for this seemed to be made clear when the White House issued the following demand.

The White House has urged Senate officials to work out the timeline for her confirmation as soon as possible.
The same people who had previously cautioned the President about trying to push this through in the lame duck session were not impressed and haven’t changed their minds since then.
“Democrat senators who just lost their seats shouldn’t confirm (a) new Attorney General,” [Senator Ted Cruz] tweeted on Friday. “(They) should be vetted by (the) new Congress.”
“Ms. Lynch will receive fair consideration by the Senate,” [Senator Mitch McConnell] said. “And her nomination should be considered in the new Congress through regular order.”
What we’re seeing here is yet another sign that absolutely nothing has changed in the White House after the drubbing they received in the midterms and we shouldn’t expect any new era cooperation. When Eric Holder announced that he would be retiring earlier this year he also stated that he would stick around until his successor was in place. He placed no time limit on this. If there is some pressing reason that he needs to be out the door before Christmas, he should have said so. But since he did not, we should be free to assume that he is available through January.

The past two times when Loretta Lynch was confirmed it was for a position as a United States Attorney. For those of you keeping score at home, there are 93 US Attorneys serving at any given time and they come and go as with any other government office. They are put forward for confirmation all the time, and unless they have done something to gain a prominent level of notoriety, they get a minimal level of vetting and debate at best, frequently approved on a voice vote. The position Ms. Lynch is being nominated for now is as a full member of the Cabinet. That’s a very different matter and requires a higher standard and a greater level of scrutiny.

ALL of it here:
Why the Loretta Lynch nomination is absolutely political Hot Air

obola intends to use her to harass republican senators and congressmen. It's obvious. She is supposed to manufacture a corruption case against Mitch McConnell and John Boehner just to start.

obola intends to use her to harass republican senators and congressmen. It's obvious. She is supposed to manufacture a corruption case against Mitch McConnell and John Boehner just to start.
while ignoring maxine waters and charles rangel..

And the games goes on with this thug we call President and his party of comrades in arms.

SNIP;
  • 179 SHARES
By now you are doubtless aware that the President called a presser earlier today to officially announce what the cable news networks had been saying for days. His pick for the new Attorney General, replacing the outgoing Eric Holder, is New York U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch.
If confirmed, Lynch will become the first African-American woman in the job, succeeding Holder, who was the first African-American head of the Justice Department.
“I couldn’t be more proud to nominate Loretta Lynch as our next attorney general,” Obama said during a brief White House ceremony.

The president cited Lynch’s successful efforts as U.S. attorney for eastern New York in prosecuting terrorists, mobsters and Democratic and Republican public officials.

Watching the coverage leading up to the press conference there was one repeating theme from both the media and Democrat spokespersons. (But I repeat myself.) While there was plenty of touting of Lynch’s various qualifications, the one item which was mentioned so many times that I lost count was the fact that she had previously been twice approved by the Senate. (In 1999 by Clinton and again in 2010 by Obama.) And, these talking heads were studious in pointing out to me, each of those confirmations passed unanimously. (Actually, on a voice vote.)

Just to make sure I was getting the message, the news desk anchors further assured me on multiple occasions that Lynch had prosecuted both Democrats and Republicans. This was apparently critical information, letting me know that she couldn’t possibly be some sort of partisan activist… perish the thought. (Though it should be clear that people from both parties commit crimes, so really that’s only a definition of doing your job.) CNN also trotted out one of her staffers from New York who is – and they Really Really Really want to stress thisa Republican. And her only comment was the fact that she is, indeed, a Republican and Ms. Lynch doesn’t care about such things.

The reason for this seemed to be made clear when the White House issued the following demand.

The White House has urged Senate officials to work out the timeline for her confirmation as soon as possible.
The same people who had previously cautioned the President about trying to push this through in the lame duck session were not impressed and haven’t changed their minds since then.
“Democrat senators who just lost their seats shouldn’t confirm (a) new Attorney General,” [Senator Ted Cruz] tweeted on Friday. “(They) should be vetted by (the) new Congress.”
“Ms. Lynch will receive fair consideration by the Senate,” [Senator Mitch McConnell] said. “And her nomination should be considered in the new Congress through regular order.”
What we’re seeing here is yet another sign that absolutely nothing has changed in the White House after the drubbing they received in the midterms and we shouldn’t expect any new era cooperation. When Eric Holder announced that he would be retiring earlier this year he also stated that he would stick around until his successor was in place. He placed no time limit on this. If there is some pressing reason that he needs to be out the door before Christmas, he should have said so. But since he did not, we should be free to assume that he is available through January.

The past two times when Loretta Lynch was confirmed it was for a position as a United States Attorney. For those of you keeping score at home, there are 93 US Attorneys serving at any given time and they come and go as with any other government office. They are put forward for confirmation all the time, and unless they have done something to gain a prominent level of notoriety, they get a minimal level of vetting and debate at best, frequently approved on a voice vote. The position Ms. Lynch is being nominated for now is as a full member of the Cabinet. That’s a very different matter and requires a higher standard and a greater level of scrutiny.

ALL of it here:
For nothing else Obama get to add this to the one and only thing he really cares about regarding serving as POTUS, his legacy.
And he gets this notch in his belt.
Lynch, like all other Cabinet members, are lame duck. Lynch is being used by Obama. Unfortunately, she cannot refuse her President. so she has the bite the bullet and head to DC. Where she has little chance of keeping her job past Jan 20, 2016

Holder would have done this as well. The DOJ is now the only card Obama holds. He can no longer count on Congress to do his bidding. So he will express his well documented petulance and use the DOJ to lash out at anyone who gets in his way.
Last Tuesday night, Obama may have been sitting in the residence watching election coverage on CNN or MSMBC observing his party get chucked form leadership of the Senate, Observe THREE hard core blue states ( IL,MD and MA) elect GOP governors. See Scott Walker in WI beat back the unions and the angry libs for a FOURTH time in 3 years....Meanwhile Obama is seething. He may have thought :"God Dammit. I am the fucking president of the United States. How dare these bastards defy me!. I will show them. I'll screw these mother fuckers so hard they will beg me to hit them with a ball peen hammer."

while ignoring maxine waters and charles rangel..
Libs will always circle the wagons to help out each other. Libs believe no fellow lib has ever done anything wrong.

SNIP;
  • 179 SHARES

ALL of it here:

SNIP;
  • 179 SHARES

ALL of it here:

it sticks in your craw that a successful black women will become the attorney general, and there you sit having all the vantages of being white, yet you are uneducated and living in a trailer park whining about your betters and waiting for your government check

Everything bad republicans have to say about this woman is what she might do rather than what she has done, phantom fears cannot be the sole reason for opposing her confirmation.

SNIP;
  • 179 SHARES

ALL of it here:
loretta-lynch1.jpg

Forum List

Back