Why People Don’t Answer the Phone Anymore

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

That’s my reason. If I don’t recognize the number I let them listen to the answering machine message. If they don’t want to leave one, I don’t want to talk to them.

Perhaps 80 or even 90 percent of the calls coming into my phone are spam of one kind or another. Now, if I hear my phone buzzing from across the room, at first I’m excited if I think it’s a text, but when it keeps going, and I realize it’s a call, I won’t even bother to walk over. My phone only rings one or two times a day, which means that I can go a whole week without a single phone call coming in that I (or Apple’s software) can even identify, let alone want to pick up.

More @ Why No One Answers Their Phone Anymore

Millennials are infamous of calling someone and not leaving a message and expecting you to call them back.

But many of us that are old school, prefer that someone leave a message..

Apparently, lots of people DO answer the phone. Millions of telemarketers, pollsters, and solicitors for charities and whatnot rely on those answered calls.

I personally only answer one when I'm in the mood to fuck with someone's head.

The phone system I use has number blocking option and can store up to 88 numbers and if you wanted the whole 888 numbers as a group.
lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

That’s my reason. If I don’t recognize the number I let them listen to the answering machine message. If they don’t want to leave one, I don’t want to talk to them.

Perhaps 80 or even 90 percent of the calls coming into my phone are spam of one kind or another. Now, if I hear my phone buzzing from across the room, at first I’m excited if I think it’s a text, but when it keeps going, and I realize it’s a call, I won’t even bother to walk over. My phone only rings one or two times a day, which means that I can go a whole week without a single phone call coming in that I (or Apple’s software) can even identify, let alone want to pick up.

Yep, I don't answer the phone unless a contact is calling, but that's ashame what has happened, because people are being screwed big time by the high cost of these inadequate services that are tainted now because of the crap going on.

The FBI needs to get off their aces and do their jobs again... You can't tell me this crap can't be stopped, so why is it allowed to go on and on and on ??

My phone rings about 5 times a day starting at 9. But whenever I do answer a call there are so many pop up advertising I cant get to them and have to call them back.

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

I pretend to be a Pizza Parlor or a Chinese restaurant with the Telemarketers

A lot of the Telemarketers are from overseas
Yep, just another prime example of open borders gone wrong for this country.

When we figured that there was no way that we couldn't have American citizens who wouldn't try to enrich themselves by selling this nation down the river to international crime syndicate's, is when we figured wrong big time. Our own people are the ones who are responsible for the troubles we are experiencing in all of this stuff to this very day.

It is why the FBI has been made a political whore that has become useless in the war on crime today. It is why it became a whore for the Demon-crats who are globalist that gutted the FBI, and made it a political organization that took it's marching orders from powerful Demon-crat operatives who needed it to stand down when nessesary.

They need to get back on the job, and do their job by arresting the culprits no matter who they are if guilty of crimes or treason.

I don't answer my phone because it's just Emily. She has to adjust her head set and she swears that I've stayed at a resort.

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

Same here. Don't leave a message, it must not be important.
I no longer answer the phone.

You can drop the land line and save money as well as the headaches.
The security company will come put in an encrypted unit that works with the closest cell tower (doesn't even have to be your cell phone provider).
Use your cell phone, stop giving your number to businesses for any reason (they sell your data to telemarketers).

The unwanted calls will cease ... Except maybe that crazy aunt that makes you want to throw the phone at the wall when her name pops up.

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

I have a think where only certain people will even make me hear they're calling me. Everyone else can send me an e-mail.

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

Same here. Don't leave a message, it must not be important.
I no longer answer the phone.
After having the same landline number for 30 years, I am ready to give it up
I only get robocalls ....everyone else calls my cell

lead_960_540.jpg

Caller ID!

I don’t listen to voice messages anymore either. Text me

Forum List

Back