Why isn't the heat from using electricity included in earth's energy budget?

Why isn't the heat from using electricity included in earth's energy budget?

• Because I was told to ignore it by my climate gods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because I don't want to give up electricity too

• Because it's such a small amount it doesn't matter

• Total voters
Just what, precisely, do you believe you have presented evidence for? Confirmation bias? Pal review? Falsification of global temperature data? Falsification of CO2's absorption spectrum? What?
Ummmm... urban temperature station data and low variability solar output dataset :dunno:

Ummmm... urban temperature station data and low variability solar output dataset :dunno:
David Archibald at SHO was the one who noted the solar surface cooling and the shift in output some 9 years ago. They laughed at him at the time he warned us what was about to happen. He was right and the naysayers-AGW cultists were wrong. Today they are trying desperately to keep people from looking at how minor changes in solar output can put this planet in the freezer very quickly.

David Archibald at SHO was the one who noted the solar surface cooling and the shift in output some 9 years ago. They laughed at him at the time he warned us what was about to happen. He was right and the naysayers-AGW cultists were wrong. Today they are trying desperately to keep people from looking at how minor changes in solar output can put this planet in the freezer very quickly.
The planet is perched at the threshold for extensive northern hemisphere glaciation. We see signs of it every northern hemisphere winter when significant portions of land are covered in snow.

The northern hemisphere controls the climate of the planet. As the northern hemisphere goes so the planet.

The planet is perched at the threshold for extensive northern hemisphere glaciation. We see signs of it every northern hemisphere winter when significant portions of land are covered in snow.

The northern hemisphere controls the climate of the planet. As the northern hemisphere goes so the planet.
I agree. It's much closer than some would like to admit. I am waiting for the latest satellite data to show how close to the zero line we are. ITs almost June and we are again having snow fall at 5,500 feet. Major snow fall, not just a blip occurrence... Three years in a row now. The patterns are going back toward major snowfalls as well on the plains...

I agree. It's much closer than some would like to admit. I am waiting for the latest satellite data to show how close to the zero line we are. ITs almost June and we are again having snow fall at 5,500 feet. Major snow fall, not just a blip occurrence... Three years in a row now. The patterns are going back toward major snowfalls as well on the plains...
You can see the threshold on the oxygen isotope curve.

Did you see the cold pool forming off Antarctica near the Cape Horn? The southern hemisphere is getting a major blast of cold water up the coast now -2 deg C (extreme La Niña conditions). this will enhance the cooling of the Northern Hemisphere later this year. It will be a significant cool down.

Did you see the cold pool forming off Antarctica near the Cape Horn? The southern hemisphere is getting a major blast of cold water up the coast now -2 deg C (extreme La Niña conditions). this will enhance the cooling of the Northern Hemisphere later this year. It will be a significant cool down.
No. I didn't see that. Thanks for the heads up. It's inevitable. The geologic record does not lie. It's just a matter of time before all this nonsense is put to rest.

No. I didn't see that. Thanks for the heads up. It's inevitable. The geologic record does not lie. It's just a matter of time before all this nonsense is put to rest.
Can we hold the two of you to that? I actually have a folder on my desktop of quotes from Billy Bob. I haven't put anything in there for a while but that one deserves being saved. I'll throw you in there as well. We'll see how that pans out later in the year.

Last edited:
Can we hold the two of you to that? I actually have a folder on my desktop of quotes from Billy Bob. I haven't put anything in there for a while but that one deserves being saved. I'll throw you in there as well. We'll see how that pans out later in the year.
Please do. Here... let me make it easy for you.

The current warming trend is not sustainable because it isn't being driven by CO2. Within 30 years everything you believe will be proven false by colder temperatures.

Please do. Here... let me make it easy for you.

The current warming trend is not sustainable because it isn't being driven by CO2. Within 30 years everything you believe will be proven false by colder temperatures.
Unfortunately, the odds of you and I being in communication 30 years from now are exceedingly slim. Do you accept Billy Boy's contention that the Northern Hemisphere will see a significant cool down by the end of this year?

Unfortunately, the odds of you and I being in communication 30 years from now are exceedingly slim. Do you accept Billy Boy's contention that the Northern Hemisphere will see a significant cool down by the end of this year?
I don't deal in absolutes. I deal in distributions. There is a high likelihood of climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty in the northern hemisphere because the northern hemisphere's climate has shown to fluctuate more than the southern hemisphere. Most likely this has to do with landmass distributions at each pole which affects each pole's threshold for extensive continental glaciation with the norther hemisphere being close to its temperature threshold. It is unlikely that the current warming trend will continue. It is likely that when it ends it will be due to the climate of the northern hemisphere. When it ends has a wide distribution. Could it be this year? Maybe. But it is likely to happen sometime regardless of what atmospheric CO2 does.

Well, having rejected the greenhouse effect we already knew you were science-incompetent. Make certain that Billy Bob knows that you don't really believe he knows what he's talking about. It will do both of you some good.

Well, having rejected the greenhouse effect we already knew you were science-incompetent.
I don't believe in their understanding of the feedbacks and how they perform their modeling. Not quite the same thing as rejecting the greenhouse effect. Do I need to enumerate the reasons why I disagree with their feedbacks and modeling for you? Or will this be enough to make you stop claiming I believe things that I don't believe.

What part of "I don't believe in their understanding of the feedbacks and how they perform their modeling" didn't you understand?
The part where you demonstrate sufficient knowledge of any of that, that we should give two diddly squats what your opinion might be.

The part where you demonstrate sufficient knowledge of any of that, that we should give two diddly squats what your opinion might be.
Interesting. The GHG effect of CO2 is an immediate effect. The warming created by that results in more water vapor in the atmosphere which supposedly creates additional heat due to the GHG effect of water vapor is literally what climate sensitivity is. I say supposedly because the complexity of evaporitive cooling which creates more water vapor in the atmosphere (negative and positive feedback), cloud formation (negative and positive feedback) and precipitation (negative feedback) is complex, not well understood and certainly not a slam dunk that the overall net effect is a positive feedback.

The immediate effect of the GHG effect of CO2 and the supposed climate sensitivity are two separate phenomenon which should be accounted for separately for transparency and common sense reasons. Especially sense the climate sensitivity is 2 to 3 times greater than the GHG effect of CO2 and may not be an overall net positive feedback.

Forum List

Back