Why is it ok to censor or deplatform Republicans for "misinformation" yet the democrats are NEVER held to the same standard?

Since you avoided the question I'll ask it again.

Are you claiming that if a group of angry people surrounded you and began chanting at you, you wouldn't be in fear?
Would I need to be? Are they waving bat's and/or flag polls? Are they threatening violence? Or is it a half a dozen people standing outside a restaurant that I'm in.

Since you avoided the question I'll ask it again.

Are you claiming that if a group of angry people surrounded you and began chanting at you, you wouldn't be in fear?
The difference DTMB, is that in our history of protesting, it is liberals far more than Conservatives that take to the streets, in in those cases where they do, it isn't often, if ever that they threaten people for opposing their protest...Unless, you're going to be the typical lib and equate the actions of a few to the entirety of the party...Thus highlighting another double standard....

From who - the Attorney General Bill Barr who acted as Trump's personal defense attorney instead of the head of the DoJ?

READ: The Justice Department's Summary Of The Mueller Report

A year later, a federal judge sharply rebuked Barr's handling of Mueller's report, saying Barr had made "misleading public statements" to spin the investigation's findings in favor of Trump and had shown a "lack of candor."Aug 20, 2022

Judge slams Barr, orders review of Mueller report deletions

Judge Calls Barr's Handling of Mueller Report 'Distorted' ...

Judge Calls Barrā€™s Handling of Mueller Report ā€˜Distortedā€™ and ā€˜Misleadingā€™ (Published 2020)

William Barr is still misleading about the Mueller report

Hereā€™s the now-familiar backstory: After Barr on March 24, 2019, released a summary of the Mueller report on President Donald Trumpā€™s 2016 campaign and Russiaā€™s interference in that election, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III sent him a letter complaining that the summary failed to ā€œfully capture the context, nature, and substanceā€ of his report and its conclusions. When the report itself came out the next month, it became clear that Barrā€™s summary had indeed been misleading in some significant ways. And eventually a federal judge ā€” a Republican-appointed one, no less ā€” issued a scathing review of the matter that called Barrā€™s ā€œcandorā€ and ā€œcredibilityā€ into question.

In what was otherwise a relatively chummy interview, Maher did briefly press Barr on the subject of the summary, saying the way he ā€œmischaracterizedā€ the Mueller report was ā€œshady.ā€
Barr defended his handling of the matter. But in doing so, he rolled out some of the most misleading aspects of his summary all over again.

ā€œI felt that I had to say something to give the bottom line of what [Mueller] had decided,ā€ Barr said. ā€œNumber one, I said that he had found there was no collusion.ā€

This isnā€™t strictly accurate now, just as it wasnā€™t strictly accurate back when Barr first said it. In fact, as we came to find out, Mueller said explicitly in his report that he wasnā€™t examining the nonlegal concept of collusion.

ā€œCollusion is not a specific offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law,ā€ the Mueller report reads. ā€œFor those reasons, the Officeā€™s focus in analyzing questions of joint criminal liability was on conspiracy as defined in federal law.ā€

Barrā€™s use of the ā€œno collusionā€ phrasing was suspect not just because the report didnā€™t directly address it, but because it matched Trumpā€™s own mantra and defined the amorphous term in a way Trump surely approved of. And itā€™s arguably even more jarring today, given that a later bipartisan Senate report, released in August 2020, detailed perhaps the most significant example to date of a high-ranking Trump campaign aide working with someone it described as a ā€œRussian intelligence officer.ā€
"Russian collusion" has been thoroughly debunked, yet here you are, still believing in it like one of those Japanese soldiers that hid in a cave for 30 years AFTER the war was over....Dope.

The democrat platform is built upon lies and deceit. Ultimately, they can't have debate to expose it. Hence, that's what we're seeing now. Anyone who thinks you can identify as another sex or tree or some kind of furry is beyond looney tunes.
And Liberals have a president who reads from cue cards, stains his pants with feces, mumbles, , confuses how his son died and has to be lead off stage, freely admits that he "does what they tell me to do." We are a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Don't be surprised by anything...

"Russian collusion" has been thoroughly debunked, yet here you are, still believing in it like one of those Japanese soldiers that hid in a cave for 30 years AFTER the war was over....Dope.
You're quoting a post that proves Russian collusion, while denying that it happened.

Trumpers are the stupidest people on Earth.

Would I need to be? Are they waving bat's and/or flag polls? Are they threatening violence? Or is it a half a dozen people standing outside a restaurant that I'm in.

So you can't even be honest about it. Any person being accosted like this would have their fight or flight senses on high alert. I've trained martial arts since I was a kid and I can assure you were I out with my wife and/or my son and was suddenly surrounded like this with people screaming at me in this manner my adrenaline would be pumping in overdrive. They don't have to be holding blunt objects to be perceived as a threat. You never know who in that mob might suddenly turn violent or how far they might go if you try to avoid them or move through them. Anyone, no matter how tough they may perceive themselves, would be intimidated by that. A mob mentality is dangerous. I know it. You know it.

So you can't even be honest about it. Any person being accosted like this would have their fight or flight senses on high alert. I've trained martial arts since I was a kid and I can assure you were I out with my wife and/or my son and was suddenly surrounded like this with people screaming at me in this manner my adrenaline would be pumping in overdrive. They don't have to be holding blunt objects to be perceived as a threat. You never know who in that mob might suddenly turn violent or how far they might go if you try to avoid them or move through them. Anyone, no matter how tough they may perceive themselves, would be intimidated by that. A mob mentality is dangerous. I know it. You know it.
I am being honest about it. Waters wasn't talking about attacking anyone. She was talking about exercising the first amendment. I would not condone violence. Even violence against republicans.

Let's look at it this way, hoe did her followers take it? Did violence result?

No?

Then I think they understood what she was saying.

This. It is what people donā€™t seem to get. They act like oif they donā€™t have guns it doesnā€™t count. Mobs are unthinking, volatile and dangerous.

From Al Gore to Hillary to Stacey Abrams to the non stop story telling of Biden. Then you have the entire deep state that lied about Russian Collusion and the laptop being Russian misinformation. And let's not leave out the very media that censors & deplatforms the GOP running around confirming lies (aka misinformation) or flat out tells lies like Vivek being a 911 conspiracy nut by chopping up his statements then combining them in a way to make it look like he is.

Lies, misinformation & all manner of shenanigans are done constantly by everyone yet the only ones ever deemed guilty of it and punished are righties.

The left do their best to cancel and censor individuals while the right only hold businesses accountable via boycotts. And oddly enough it used to be the left that was anti corporation. Now they goto any length to defend them.

How do YOU lefties square this misapplication of logic and morality?
What you call liesā€¦ and what you want censored are not that

From Al Gore to Hillary to Stacey Abrams to the non stop story telling of Biden. Then you have the entire deep state that lied about Russian Collusion and the laptop being Russian misinformation. And let's not leave out the very media that censors & deplatforms the GOP running around confirming lies (aka misinformation) or flat out tells lies like Vivek being a 911 conspiracy nut by chopping up his statements then combining them in a way to make it look like he is.

Lies, misinformation & all manner of shenanigans are done constantly by everyone yet the only ones ever deemed guilty of it and punished are righties.

The left do their best to cancel and censor individuals while the right only hold businesses accountable via boycotts. And oddly enough it used to be the left that was anti corporation. Now they goto any length to defend them.

How do YOU lefties square this misapplication of logic and morality?
Because, according to Democrats, only Democrats tell the truth.

From who - the Attorney General Bill Barr who acted as Trump's personal defense attorney instead of the head of the DoJ?

READ: The Justice Department's Summary Of The Mueller Report

A year later, a federal judge sharply rebuked Barr's handling of Mueller's report, saying Barr had made "misleading public statements" to spin the investigation's findings in favor of Trump and had shown a "lack of candor."Aug 20, 2022

Judge slams Barr, orders review of Mueller report deletions

Judge Calls Barr's Handling of Mueller Report 'Distorted' ...

Judge Calls Barrā€™s Handling of Mueller Report ā€˜Distortedā€™ and ā€˜Misleadingā€™ (Published 2020)

William Barr is still misleading about the Mueller report

Hereā€™s the now-familiar backstory: After Barr on March 24, 2019, released a summary of the Mueller report on President Donald Trumpā€™s 2016 campaign and Russiaā€™s interference in that election, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III sent him a letter complaining that the summary failed to ā€œfully capture the context, nature, and substanceā€ of his report and its conclusions. When the report itself came out the next month, it became clear that Barrā€™s summary had indeed been misleading in some significant ways. And eventually a federal judge ā€” a Republican-appointed one, no less ā€” issued a scathing review of the matter that called Barrā€™s ā€œcandorā€ and ā€œcredibilityā€ into question.

In what was otherwise a relatively chummy interview, Maher did briefly press Barr on the subject of the summary, saying the way he ā€œmischaracterizedā€ the Mueller report was ā€œshady.ā€
Barr defended his handling of the matter. But in doing so, he rolled out some of the most misleading aspects of his summary all over again.

ā€œI felt that I had to say something to give the bottom line of what [Mueller] had decided,ā€ Barr said. ā€œNumber one, I said that he had found there was no collusion.ā€

This isnā€™t strictly accurate now, just as it wasnā€™t strictly accurate back when Barr first said it. In fact, as we came to find out, Mueller said explicitly in his report that he wasnā€™t examining the nonlegal concept of collusion.

ā€œCollusion is not a specific offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law,ā€ the Mueller report reads. ā€œFor those reasons, the Officeā€™s focus in analyzing questions of joint criminal liability was on conspiracy as defined in federal law.ā€

Barrā€™s use of the ā€œno collusionā€ phrasing was suspect not just because the report didnā€™t directly address it, but because it matched Trumpā€™s own mantra and defined the amorphous term in a way Trump surely approved of. And itā€™s arguably even more jarring today, given that a later bipartisan Senate report, released in August 2020, detailed perhaps the most significant example to date of a high-ranking Trump campaign aide working with someone it described as a ā€œRussian intelligence officer.ā€
Muller did not state that Trump committed a crime
Your TDS wishfulness does not change that

Forum List

Back