Why every rational person must accept evolution

If you are wanting a discussion of abiogenesis theory, you are in the wrong thread.
I was going for the bigger picture and poiting out how people can misuse science as a pseudo religion while criticizing competing faiths. It isn't rational. You can't consider evolution by chance unless you consider its' origins.

Evolution is not a matter of chance because natural selection does not occur by chance. Since science is not faith-based, it cannot criticize "competing faiths". That said, it certainly can and does criticize willful ignorance, and should continue to do so.
Science is not faith based but faith can and does try to misuse it. Science can't prove how life or the universe started so it takes faith to assume it's natural.

If you are wanting a discussion of abiogenesis theory, you are in the wrong thread.
I was going for the bigger picture and poiting out how people can misuse science as a pseudo religion while criticizing competing faiths. It isn't rational. You can't consider evolution by chance unless you consider its' origins.

Evolution is not a matter of chance because natural selection does not occur by chance. Since science is not faith-based, it cannot criticize "competing faiths". That said, it certainly can and does criticize willful ignorance, and should continue to do so.

In a thread full of stupid statements this absolutely takes the cake.

Tell me something, High and Mighty King of Stupid Statements, how is natural selection not random? When Darwin postulated natural selection he saw it as the result of a process, not a process in and of itself. In other words, it is a fucking result, not a way to get somewhere.

Evolution is the process, and it is random. The only possible way to start with a random process and obtain a non random result is by adding an intelligent filter into the process before the result that deliberately eliminates the randomness.

What, exactly, works in your version of evolution to eliminate that randomness? Who is guiding it?

Science is not faith based but faith can and does try to misuse it. Science can't prove how life or the universe started so it takes faith to assume it's natural.

Never say never. What takes faith is to believe, in the face of all that science has discovered about the natural world, that life is anything but a natural occurrence.

Last edited:
Math and physics tells us that our universe came into being by a big bang. The equations = that is in fact so.

As the universe cooled atoms formed and then they organized into bigger forms of matter. Stars through fusion fused different elements that made our planets and us.

How did elements like protons come to be? Through the energy released by the tear in space that was launched outwards by the big bang. This is where universes outside of ours does make sense.

Math and physics tells us that our universe came into being by a big bang. The equations = that is in fact so.

As the universe cooled atoms formed and then they organized into bigger forms of matter. Stars through fusion fused different elements that made our planets and us.

How did elements like protons come to be? Through the energy released by the tear in space that was launched outwards by the big bang. This is where universes outside of ours does make sense.

I can agree with what happened after the Big Bang, but go back to before the Big Bang. Where did whatever-it-was-that-banged come from?

Asking what happened before the Big Bang is like asking what's North of the North Pole. The question just doesn't make sense. The math breaks down, and whatever our universe was really isn't what the universe is now because spacetime didn't exist as we can define it. There are a couple of vague ideas involving multiverses or branes colliding, but frankly the Cosmologists just don't have enough data to come up with anything like a solid hypothesis.

:eek: "Natural selection does not occur by chance" How DOES it occur then?

Non-randomly, by definition. Jeez. That is why it is called natural "selection". If you want details you can either pay me, or take a class. I am not an charity for academic cases such as yourself.

If the occult were real, then Republican economic policies would have a chance of working.

Fake scientists always think evolution isn't random because they think the fact that they are alive proves it isn't random. They really need to pay more attention when that idiot Dawkins explains how random mutations work, that is the only thing about evolution he really gets.

Non-randomly, by definition. Jeez. That is why it is called natural "selection". If you want details you can either pay me, or take a class. I am not an charity for academic cases such as yourself.

Damn, that cleared up how stupid you are.

Then go ahead and post it. Hint: there would be no theories on origins if it were a proven fact. That's why I called it faith.

You do know that the term 'big bang' was a term of derision because the scientists of the day believed that physics and math favored a static state universe and that the Roman Catholic priest Georges Lemaitre came up with the theory to prove a creation event?

Asking what happened before the Big Bang is like asking what's North of the North Pole. The question just doesn't make sense. The math breaks down, and whatever our universe was really isn't what the universe is now because spacetime didn't exist as we can define it. There are a couple of vague ideas involving multiverses or branes colliding, but frankly the Cosmologists just don't have enough data to come up with anything like a solid hypothesis.

I understand there's nothing north of the north pole, but for something to explode there needs to be something there. Where did that something come from?

And exactly what magical force is guiding this "natural selection?"

And exactly what magical force is guiding this "natural selection?"

The environment in which species live is not a magical force. Jeez, I am surrounded by idiots!

The environment in which species live is not a magical force. Jeez, I am surrounded by idiots!
Not so fast Einstein. Explain how that environment happened on its' own and life jump started into existence. And without trying to flood us with google links.

Well, Mr. Weasel, it's simple, really. First off, the theory of evolution says nothing about how life originated, so that part of your query is a red herring and irrelevant to the discussion. As for how "that environment happened on its own", really? You seem to believe that ecosystems cannot function without outside intervention. What evidence would lead you to that apparent conclusion?

Not so fast Einstein. Explain how that environment happened on its' own and life jump started into existence. And without trying to flood us with google links.

Well, Mr. Weasel, it's simple, really. First off, the theory of evolution says nothing about how life originated, so that part of your query is a red herring and irrelevant to the discussion. As for how "that environment happened on its own", really? You seem to believe that ecosystems cannot function without outside intervention. What evidence would lead you to that apparent conclusion?

Bwhahahahah

Yes, I know evolution doesn't directly address origins. However, there is the mindset that the answer is natural and it becomes a natural answer vs biblical creationism dichotomy. I said nothing about ecosystems being directed so you're making my point.

The method that made it all happen exists somehow and science doesn't have the answer. So it becomes a faith vs faith thing.

As a self-styled rationalist myself I would say you can reject the whole of science if you want and embrace religion to your hearts content.

Your opinion doesn't matter. :)

Forum List

Back