Zone1 Why don’t USMB Mods sign their work product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper grammar and punctuation would help your argument.

The difficulty with your argument of course, is that you now accuse LGBTQ of all being pedophiles, along with all schools, all teachers, all Democrats, all coaches. If they have a policy or behavior you disagree with - like thinking its bad to throw gays off a roof, or that public libraries are for everyone, not just fundamentalists - then you immediately scream that they are "groomers" and support pedophilia.
EDIT: This is why I went from wanting to discuss topics with logic and argument as I would on nonpolitical boards (and why I came here), to realizing the board is primarily used to insult others. You can't have a rational discussion when every third poster is calling a groomer, pedo, Commie, whatever. In the short time I have been here, threads accusing entire groups of being pedos or groomers have become the seeming majority of posts. You can't have a logical discussion of anything in that context.

Well, Aye, I really didn't want to get into this, but you've asked before, and since it is being discussed now, I've been called a groomer, and before that, ostensibly a pedo just for suggesting that maybe Zelensky ought to consider sending his own family into combat before asking other countries to send their soldiers for him, got called a Pedo for it twice in bold print, reported it, and to my knowledge, zilch happened. This guy has never skipped a beat AFAICT.

You asked: here it is, from 1/20/23, according to my file specs:

View attachment 803510
View attachment 803511
View attachment 803512
This offense only draws a warning, as it did in this case. To my knowledge, he no longer does this.

Some learn, some don't.

If online, feel free to ask me, but PM is the best way. If my name is mentioned, I get an alert, but not cool to call me by changing subject of a thread started by someone else for a specific reason and topic, to inquiries on actions taken or declined to take. If I have time, I have no problem taking a few minutes to look, even if it wasn't my work. Will be glad to tell you if me or not, and best guess as why an action was taken, but I do not volunteer other mods names as not my place, and nobody on this side ever denies an action taken, as all mods can see all logs.

Thanks but I really don't much care or have time to care about such details much these days. If it happens, it happens. Life is a bit too short to lose sleep over a moved or deleted post on a debate forum, whatever the reason.

Well, Aye, I really didn't want to get into this, but you've asked before, and since it is being discussed now, I've been called a groomer, and before that, ostensibly a pedo just for suggesting that maybe Zelensky ought to consider sending his own family into combat before asking other countries to send their soldiers for him, got called a Pedo for it twice in bold print, reported it, and to my knowledge, zilch happened. This guy has never skipped a beat AFAICT.

You asked: here it is, from 1/20/23, according to my file specs:

View attachment 803510
View attachment 803511
View attachment 803512
What thread was that?

UPDATE - I went and searched and found the posts. Action was taken against Litwin for saying what he did. Just because forum members don't see something happen doesn't mean mods didn't do anything. When we warn people for whatever reason, the only person that sees the PM containing the warning is the person we warned.

Last edited:
Mods have no control over how the software sends notices when we remove or edit posts. We are logged in on our account and the software knows who is doing what. That the software doesn't include our name when sending notices is not on us. There is no option to act anonymously as a mod. Everything we do is logged.

BackAgain The thread in question - I was the mod that removed several replies since you and a couple others went overboard talking about pedo references in regards to another member. Even in the basement, that is NOT allowed. Understand?
I did not make any pedo reference.

Do you understand?

Also, some PM’s (about such stuff as a post deletion) do get signed by a mod or two. And they should be.

As to the banter that went on about that alleged pedo references, I also disagree that the other two members were discussing pedo stuff (with the exception of one allegation that I don’t agree with).

In any event, I am now satisfied that my own post was removed only to make that entire related conversation swept away. I don’t have an issue with that, at this point, anymore.

It is frankly good to read that accusations of pedophilia directed at another member is not allowed (and should not be permitted) even in the badlands.

Last edited:
What thread was that?

Whatever thread Litwin was railing about Russia on early on 1/20/23. I copied images of my reporting the posts after once being admonished for NOT calling someone a pedo merely trying to warn him against saying it about others, but another failing of Xenforo is that it doesn't state in the report the title of the OP, and, not being that invested in this and assuming my reporting the posts were enough, made no record of the thread titles.

We get shitty little unsigned memos in our pm telling us when a thread has been deleted or a post has been deleted etc. The PM ‘s are “signed” instead with a question mark. FFS.

View attachment 803364

The thread in question was IN the badlands already. So why would a Mod deem it necessary to “clean” it up?

You mods don’t sign your work. Ashamed of it? You say if we disagree we can take it up with the Mod, privately. Sure. Except that’s impossible because you don’t let us know which mod did it. So what are we left with? A general complaint to the remaining mods (and hoping that the unknown mod in question steps up or that some other mod or an admin can provide cover)?

Stop hiding behind the question mark. It’s pretty gutless.
It's the same reason the Easter bunny hides his eggs. He don't want anyone to know he's screwing a chicken.

We get shitty little unsigned memos in our pm telling us when a thread has been deleted or a post has been deleted etc. The PM ‘s are “signed” instead with a question mark. FFS.

View attachment 803364

The thread in question was IN the badlands already. So why would a Mod deem it necessary to “clean” it up?

You mods don’t sign your work. Ashamed of it? You say if we disagree we can take it up with the Mod, privately. Sure. Except that’s impossible because you don’t let us know which mod did it. So what are we left with? A general complaint to the remaining mods (and hoping that the unknown mod in question steps up or that some other mod or an admin can provide cover)?

Stop hiding behind the question mark. It’s pretty gutless.
I appreciate your feed back on this.

I have, in the past, used, "cleaning thread," when I have removed flame wars from Zone 1 & 2 threads. From now on, I will be more specific when I delete trolling & derailing from a thread cleaning. It really won't be any skin off my back, my browser saves inputs once I put it in once, so cleaning trolling responses, and derailing replies, is not that much harder. Most times I even put in the rules violations.

But I will, also, from now on, include, ~M.B., so all know when I make a thread edits. And as always, if anyone gets a warning from me, you will all know as well. Transparency is the key to building trust among us, IMO.

Sometimes, if you see a lot of this, in a badlands thread, we have done this all, as a last ditch attempt, BEFORE it was moved.

I will always give one last heads up to the membership, to try to keep it clean, and I will usually, at that point, find the major source of the problem and thread ban them.

If I keep getting reports on it? It might end up in the basement at that point, or someone else might put it there, who knows? This place can get really chaotic at times. :aargh:

some things are unacceptable in any forum.
I agree. But in the example here, I didn’t discuss pedophilia and I didn’t accuse anyone of it. Frankly, the convo between the other two members wasn’t really about pedophilia. Asking if someone has engaged in gay sex since grade school isn’t accusing that person of pedophilia.

I appreciate your feed back on this.

I have, in the past, used, "cleaning thread," when I have removed flame wars from Zone 1 & 2 threads. From now on, I will be more specific when I delete trolling & derailing from a thread cleaning. It really won't be any skin off my back, my browser saves inputs once I put it in once, so cleaning trolling responses, and derailing replies, is not that much harder. Most times I even put in the rules violations.

But I will, also, from now on, include, ~M.B., so all know when I make a thread edits. And as always, if anyone gets a warning from me, you will all know as well. Transparency is the key to building trust among us, IMO.

Sometimes, if you see a lot of this, in a badlands thread, we have done this all, as a last ditch attempt, BEFORE it was moved.

I will always give one last heads up to the membership, to try to keep it clean, and I will usually, at that point, find the major source of the problem and thread ban them.

If I keep getting reports on it? It might end up in the basement at that point, or someone else might put it there, who knows? This place can get really chaotic at times. :aargh:
That is a forthright position to take. And it is appreciated.

EDIT: This is why I went from wanting to discuss topics with logic and argument as I would on nonpolitical boards (and why I came here), to realizing the board is primarily used to insult others. You can't have a rational discussion when every third poster is calling a groomer, pedo, Commie, whatever. In the short time I have been here, threads accusing entire groups of being pedos or groomers have become the seeming majority of posts. You can't have a logical discussion of anything in that context.
You were usually the worst behaved poster in any thread you entered and accused everybody who opposed pederasty of being a homophobe.

My detractors (yes, it is shocking; but I do have some detractors here at USMB) might accuse me of being a suck-up for saying this …. But, in fairness, I have to acknowledge that the mods’ replies to my comment/question have all been pretty reasonable, in my estimation.

Not for nuthin’, but I appreciate that fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back