Why does Warren Buffet want higher taxes?

Actually, he "disowned" her because she wasn't his granddaughter - she's his step-granddaughter from his son's marriage that ended 20 years ago, and hasn't been part of the family since - and she publicly complained that he didn't give her enough money.

Well, that explains the taxes he thinks he should pay but doesn't because he's too dickless to live by his own ideology

yeah, everybody's lining up to pay taxes they don't owe, fuckwit.

Actually he is an opportunist.

He is trying to copy Adolf Hitler's good buddy Alfried Krupp.

Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Um....Hate to break it to you old bean....The unemployment number during the bush years was give-or-take 5%....Statistically full employment.

Try again.
But there was no net gain of American jobs during his eight years.

Gotta link for this one?
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years

The September jobs report was just released and demonstrates that America is on a far slower path to recovery than anyone originally predicted. Despite this, the shedding of government jobs cloaks a glimmer of hope: more private sector jobs have been created this year than during the entire Bush administration. Read that again: 2010 has had more private job creation than during the entire 8 year tenure of George W. Bush.

This is the 9th straight month of private sector job growth in the midst of a devastating recession that has put a serious strain mostly on the poor and middle class. There has been a total of 863,000 private sector jobs created in 2010, exceeding the total created under the Bush/Cheney regime.

JobsPrivateSector.jpg

But there was no net gain of American jobs during his eight years.

Gotta link for this one?
It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years

The September jobs report was just released and demonstrates that America is on a far slower path to recovery than anyone originally predicted. Despite this, the shedding of government jobs cloaks a glimmer of hope: more private sector jobs have been created this year than during the entire Bush administration. Read that again: 2010 has had more private job creation than during the entire 8 year tenure of George W. Bush.

This is the 9th straight month of private sector job growth in the midst of a devastating recession that has put a serious strain mostly on the poor and middle class. There has been a total of 863,000 private sector jobs created in 2010, exceeding the total created under the Bush/Cheney regime.

JobsPrivateSector.jpg

There has been a total of 863,000 private sector jobs created in 2010, exceeding the total created under the Bush/Cheney regime.

That is awesome! What's the total created under the Obama/Biden regime.

bullshit. If there were a real correlation between low taxes on the wealthy and job creation we'd have seen as much during the era of bush tax cuts FOR the wealthy.
Um....Hate to break it to you old bean....The unemployment number during the bush years was give-or-take 5%....Statistically full employment.

Try again.

About 40% of the jobs created during that time were related to the housing bubble. Without the housing bubble, unemployment would have been much higher. Even with the housing bubble, the rate of job creation was the slowest during any recovery since WWII.
I would like to see how many were government jobs in one form or another, between the creation of Homeland Security, the creation of the TSA, the expansion of hiring in the FBI, etc.

Do you not see the ridiculousness of this argument?

No. I think we should all give more to charity. Ergo, I donate. I think we should all pay taxes due from us according to current law. Ergo, I hire accountants and bookkeepers to tally the totals and remit my fair share.

Buffet thinks people should pay more to the government. He should set the example and put his money where his mouth is (as he has done for charity).

I agree. If Warren and other uber rich feel they don't pay enough in taxes then I'm sure the Govt will be more than willing to take any and all that they wish to donate.

Hey Asty. Where are you located in Central Florida??

I'm in Melbourne.
I'm from Melbourne! Indialantic, actually.

Try again.

When Bush left office the unemployment rate was 7.8% and skyrocketing upward as the country was bleeding hundreds of thousands of jobs a month.

Try again.
That was because of the housing crash, not from any tax policy.
You wingnuts always have an excuse ready for when your policies and ideology fails. :lol:

Forum List

Back