Why Did The Space Age Die?

Are you saying that soviet spacecraft to Venus, Mars and the Moon never left Earth orbit?

Manned spacecraft... as you well know.

The only ever planned Soviet extra orbital manned mission was the Zond 9 Mission to orbit a single cosmonaut around the moon and that mission was snapped when Apollo 8 did it first.

The N1 rocket that was meant to lift the Soyuz around The Moon failed 4 out of 4 unmanned test launches and was scrapped.

The only ever planned Soviet manned mission was the Zond 9 Mission to orbit a single cosmonaut around the moon and that mission was snapped when Apollo 8 did it first.

The N1 rocket that was meant to left the Soyuz around The Moon failed 4 out of 4 unmanned test launches and was scrapped.
Manned labor spacecraft it is such a 19 century ;) . While the americans were forced to send living people to the moon (or simulate their presence on the moon, as some think) to work manually, Soviet engineers in 1970 sent an moving apparatus to the Moon that performed its tasks without the need for human presence. What is a more significant achievement in science?

What is a more significant achievement in science?

Humans on The Moon travelled further, took more measurements, performed more experiments, and returned more lunar samples then every robotic mission of Russia and America combined.

But, apart from that, there is no risk involved in sending a drone in place of a human. It requires no heroism. If a mission fails, nothing is lost but time and money.

Robot drones in space will never capture the human imagination. No robot will broadcast the sheer sense of awe that comes from standing on another world that humans did.

People on Earth will never experience the vicarious wonder of manned space exploration when it it performed by dumb, robotics puppets.

To be fair, I would quantify that by stating "never left Earth orbit in manned aircraft".

For a time their robotic craft were more advanced than ours were. And they still hold the record for the longest a craft has lasted on the surface of Venus.

They also had the edge for a great many years for space stations.
I think you meant spacecraft, versus aircraft.

The only ever planned Soviet extra orbital manned mission was the Zond 9 Mission to orbit a single cosmonaut around the moon and that mission was snapped when Apollo 8 did it first.

The N1 rocket that was meant to lift the Soyuz around The Moon failed 4 out of 4 unmanned test launches and was scrapped.
Snapped? The common term would be that the mission was "scrapped", "canned", or merely "cancelled".

I have never heard of a mission being "snapped".

I really respect your knowledge in this topic!

Humans on The Moon travelled further, took more measurements, performed more experiments, and returned more lunar samples then every robotic mission of Russia and America combined.
I know they played golf, rode on a cart and collected samples of lunar soil (which then disappeared somewhere...). Robots could have done all this even then. People on the Moon in 1969, it was a kind of "sporting" achievement in the race between the USSR and the USA. The USA cleverly used the achievements of Nazi scientists from Germany. Unfortunately, the use of Nazi practices in the United States did not stop there.

I know they played golf, rode on a cart and collected samples of lunar soil (which then disappeared somewhere...). Robots could have done all this even then. People on the Moon in 1969, it was a kind of "sporting" achievement in the race between the USSR and the USA. The USA cleverly used the achievements of Nazi scientists from Germany. Unfortunately, the use of Nazi practices in the United States did not stop there.
You are nothing more than a Russki plant. FOAD, :ahole-1:

I will waste no more time on you.

Snapped? The common term would be that the mission was "scrapped", "canned", or merely "cancelled".

Oh! Snap!

MiserlyEmbarrassedCanvasback-size_restricted.gif

Forum List

Back