Why Cant Sanders Win in a Three Way Race?

Who wins a Four Way Race between Kasich, Sanders, Clinton and Trump?

• Kasich

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sanders

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Hillary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • other

• I dunno

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
The states go to the candidate with a plurality.

Sanders has high marks against two very unpopular candidates in the general population.

In a three way race, who wins; Sanders, Clinton or Trump?

It seems to me that Trump has an ingrained advantage with the support of most conservatives a big chunk of independents and moderates. But all that changes if Kasich runs third party too, though I doubt he would draw as much off Trump as Sanders would draw off Clinton.

Sanders though consistently does better than Trump in head to head match ups.

Hillary, I dont see much hope for in this scenario as she loses about half her party.

Seems to me that Trump wins such a scenario with Sanders a close second and maybe even winning. But Sanders movement will eventually eclipse the entire two party system.

If Sanders ran third party, he would take many of Trump's populist voters.

Sweet baby Jesus--you're not bringing up another freakin poll are you? No ONE should be paying any attention to National polling data, they have turned into a world wide train wreck. No one picks up on unknown callers anymore, and most of us have cell phones that pollster have no access too. The online polls are a joke, as one person can vote several times for the same candidate and or many won't participate because they are associated with donation cites. Text polls are the worst because you can vote 100 times. So pollsters are forced to use very small participation samples. I saw one where only 736 participants were polled, and the pollsters put it out there, and somehow it is supposed to reflect the opinion of over 170+ million voters in this country. They're a joke.

Donald Trump also does very well in the polls, but oddly enough he also has the highest unfavorable rating of any candidate in recorded history. Who touts the POLLS most often? Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump. Which indicates that the only ones that are participating in these polls are Sanders and Trump supporters.

Furthermore, the real poll is out and it came to you from an actual ballot. Hillary Clinton is leading Bernie Sanders by 3+ million votes, she is ahead of Trump by 1 million votes, and Bernie Sanders comes in last place, well behind both of them.

Here is a MUST read on the polls and the polling accidents that have gone world wide.
Flaws in Polling Data Exposed as U.S. Campaign Season Heats Up

Forum List

Back