Why California is dying

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
Look at this...new laws for Californians to deal with in 2020....

Health care for undocumented immigrants

California increased the state’s low-income health insurance program, Medi-Cal, coverage for undocumented immigrants, which has covered undocumented children since 2016. Now, low-income adults from 19 to 26 will can also garner health coverage through Medi-Cal.

Independent contractor restrictions

Multiple companies have cut ties with independent contractors in California because of AB 5, a law enacted to force companies like Uber and Lyft to provide employee benefits. The poorly written law has already led to legal challenges.

Hairstyle discrimination

Want to wear dreadlocks to work? With the passage of SB 188, employers can no longer discriminate for styles such as afros, braids, twists and locks.

No more elephants, tigers and bears at the circus

The Circus Cruelty Prevention Act, SB 313, bans circuses from using exotic animals like elephants and tigers in performances. After 2020, under the big top in California, attendees will see acts with only dogs, cats and domestic horses.

Animal testing on cosmetic products

SB 149 bans the sale of cosmetic products, sold primarily in the United States, when the ingredients have been tested on animals. The law does not apply to products sold internationally, where animal testing is required by law.

This is no way to run a state...unless you want to run it into the ground....

I think all their laws are perfectly legit, Bro

stupid-ugly-hippy.jpg

I definitely approve of the circus one. Can we collectively grow up and get past using animals for own amusement, especially when cruelty is involved? And I have no problem with the last one, on animal testing. The rest are ridiculous.

Look at this...new laws for Californians to deal with in 2020....

Health care for undocumented immigrants

California increased the state’s low-income health insurance program, Medi-Cal, coverage for undocumented immigrants, which has covered undocumented children since 2016. Now, low-income adults from 19 to 26 will can also garner health coverage through Medi-Cal.

Independent contractor restrictions

Multiple companies have cut ties with independent contractors in California because of AB 5, a law enacted to force companies like Uber and Lyft to provide employee benefits. The poorly written law has already led to legal challenges.

Hairstyle discrimination

Want to wear dreadlocks to work? With the passage of SB 188, employers can no longer discriminate for styles such as afros, braids, twists and locks.

The Circus Cruelty Prevention Act, SB 313, bans circuses from using exotic animals like elephants and tigers in performances. After 2020, under the big top in California, attendees will see acts with only dogs, cats and domestic horses.

Animal testing on cosmetic products

SB 149 bans the sale of cosmetic products, sold primarily in the United States, when the ingredients have been tested on animals. The law does not apply to products sold internationally, where animal testing is required by law.

This is no way to run a state...unless you want to run it into the ground....

Or how about no more clowns in office? Seems like California could do better if that was the case.

I do hope that the law against using animals for amusement isn't extended to prevent animals from enjoying themselves. It would be a shame to see dogs prohibited from surfing or skateboarding. I've known several horseback riding cats as well as those who want to stop them.

Forum List

Back