Why arent inner cities utopias?

First of all the reason why democrats live in downtown areas (and they do) is so the church vans don't have to drive way out into the country on voting day,..............dah!

The reason why they live in filth and below sub are our fault because we keep refusing to be compassionate...............dah!

You see, it's greedy rightwingers like you folks who hang out on this message board that cause most of the socialogical and economical problems we have today in the inner city. e.g: Avatar, instead of bringing up good points and your analogy on this subject, you could be working overtime or something so you could do more of your share to provide for the less fortunate. I mean, hell, you could do a third shifter at 7-11 or something!

The reason the inner cities are shitholes is simply because greedy people won't do more to provide funding to clean it up! Just think, we could have a tax to refurbish all the inner city homes of welfare recip's and then things would be cleaner. A couple more taxes and stree lights that had been shot out could be repaired! But Noooooooooooooo! We just want to complain.

It is really quite simple! Why have a social welfare program if you are not going to finish the job? Lets give tax breaks to crack dealers who offer discounts for quanity purchases! This will result in less time spent standing on the street corners thereby reducing curbside littering. Now THAT is common sense ideaology. This..will help the enviornment of the inner city.

Remember the lefty motto..............Tis better to recieve than to work!

Go to the great liberal city of SF to visit all the nice expensive places and take back with you as a souvenier one of the countless street bums . :lol:

White flight ;)

Actually I'd say the problem lies with those that are there, wanting something for nothing. On the other hand, some of the best producers and best thinkers would not think of leaving the cities.

Depends on where one is and the ratios.

It depends on what you mean by "make." Oh now now I'm sounding like Clinton. I do not believe that non-whites are inferior, and live in the inner city making it inferior.
If whites leave the cities , then the obvious conclusion is that the relative population of non-whites increases, no? So what is your explanation?

If whites leave the cities , then the obvious conclusion is that the relative population of non-whites increases, no? So what is your explanation?

Look at the population decreaSES in cities like Detroit, Cleveland, St Louis, or Philidelphia. As the whites left, the city fell apart. They can't manage themselves. There are others. Some have decreased as much as 50% since 1960.

Look at the population decreaSES in cities like Detroit, Cleveland, St Louis, or Philidelphia. As the whites left, the city fell apart. They can't manage themselves. There are others. Some have decreased as much as 50% since 1960.
One could argue that jobs left as well, for suburban factories as well as China and Mexico.

I honestly don't think its about "them". More like, "their blind following" of a system that they trusted, and per usual, it failed them. And you and I both know who runs that system.

Bottom-line it for me. Your words.

It's the structure of our big cities. There will always be poverty, just like there will always be unemployment. The inner city has demographically come to be where the poorer people live. Many of the more affluent began moving to the suburbs, leaving mostly only those who were too poor to move in the inner city. Those who become successful while living in the inner city tend to leave for the suburbs because they don't want to continue living in bad neighborhoods. The more affluent took their tax and investment dollars away from the inner city when they left, leaving few locally owned business and small budgets to work with.

White flight is the way which this demographic was set up in the US. During World War II, many poor non-whites moved into inner cities with the hopes of gaining a war time job. Many whites felt that the racial tensions of the Civil Rights movement in the coming years increased crime in the inner cities, which is one reason they left. Whites also left because it became more desirable to live in wide open spaces. I've lived in other countries where there is nothing like this city structure. In Korea, there really aren't any suburbs. Everybody in Seoul lives in apartments in the city. Many of the poor tend to live in the more rural areas in Korea.

They will become utopias just as soon as President Bush signs legislation raising minimum wage.:cool:

Strange, I can't seem to find these utopias yet. Maybe the effects of his signing that atrocious bill into law will show their effect sometime before hell freezes over? Maybe? :eusa_whistle:

As populations decrease, so too does tax revenue. Infrastructures set up around high tax revenues crumble when the funding dries up.

As populations decrease, so too does tax revenue. Infrastructures set up around high tax revenues crumble when the funding dries up.

As the population of productive tax paying citizens decreases you are left with an overpopulation of people that can't support themselves and depend on others(mostly government) to take care of them. The ones that stay in those areas control who is elected as mayor and tend to vote for people that look like they do and ignore the fact that they aren't qualified to be a dog catcher(New Orleans the last 30 years).

They bring it on themselves. They rob the people that pay the bills so the bill payers go somewhere they feel safer. They are then stuck robbing themselves or driving to where the bill payers went to to try to rob them there. The first sign that you better leave an area that was safe and pleasant to live in is when city bus service gets there. After that happens it is only a matter of time before that area sucks too.

Forum List

Back