Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The answer was predictable two years ago:

Fox News Lurches Left as Murdoch’s Sons Take Control of Media Dynasty
By Jerry A. Kane
August 10, 2015

Fox News Lurches Left as Murdoch’s Sons Take Control of Media Dynasty

Liberals defend television “news” for obvious reasons. Conservatives never defend television “news” for obvious reasons.​

The Murdochs are gambling that their brand of liberalism will continue to beat the other networks in the ratings. The second gamble is that conservatives will continue to tune in now that FOX is openly liberal simply because conservatives have nowhere to go.​

Advercrats

198807_5_.jpg

The Murdochs L. to R. Lachlan, Rupert and James
http://admin.americanthinker.com/images/bucket/2017-06/198807_5_.jpg

The Murdochs lost the bet. Nothing can chase away an audience faster than the stench of liberalism’s garbage.

In recent weeks, the Fox News Channel (FNC), considered the most friendly to President Trump, has lost the commanding ratings lead that it held for the past decade and a half.​

Conservatives have stopped watching because of FNC’s flagrant liberalism not because Donald Trump got a fair shake on a few shows. Conservatives did not watch liberal news shows before Trump; so it is absurd to imply that they are turning to liberal networks now. I think the negative shift in the ratings has more to do with the shrinking number of TV viewers than it has to do with the Left’s political agenda or TV personalities:

Ailes discovered and nurtured personalities – attractive ones, at that – and made them the stars of his channel.​

NOTE: The Five is a failed show. Also note that FOX is fading as fast as Juan Williams is rising:

The Five has helped to make stars of two veteran liberals, Bob Beckel and Juan Williams. Starting in late January 2017, Beckel, an ill-mannered Democratic Party operative, was in his second run at FNC after being fired in 2015 for taking too long to return from, and being uncooperative after, a lengthy stint in rehab. He was mercifully fired again on May 20, 2017, after reportedly using a racial slur to insult a Fox employee who is African-American.

Juan Williams is another figure who deserves closer scrutiny. Williams was associated with the 1987 six-part PBS series Eyes on the Prize, and he authored the series’s companion book of the same title. A comprehensive chronological review of the Civil Rights Era (1954-1965), the influential program, which continues to be replayed every year or two on PBS, and the book helped to establish the legitimacy, thanks to Williams’s hagiographic and revisionist narrative, of Malcolm X, Stokely Carmichael (aka Kwame Ture), H. Rap Brown, the Black Panthers, and other leftist radicals of the period.

On the crest of the success of Eyes on the Prize, Williams got himself hired by the Washington Post. Largely forgotten now is the scandal that engulfed him there. In October 1991, several score women employees at the Post complained to management about alleged verbal sexual harassment by Williams over a period of several years. An article by Howard Kurtz in the Post on November 2, 1991 reported the story. The article quoted a letter by the newspaper’s executive editor Leonard Downie, Jr., that was posted in the paper’s newsroom on November 1, 1991: “The complaints about Juan's verbal conduct with a number of women in the newsroom were thoroughly investigated. The complaints were found to be serious, and, as Juan acknowledges, he was disciplined for his conduct and intends to apologize to women he offended.”

The 1991 Williams affair was largely forgotten until it emerged in 2010 in the wake of his firing by National Public Radio for a supposedly Islamophobic comment he made while appearing on Bill O’Reilly’s Fox News program. After NPR booted him, Williams was immediately rewarded by Roger Ailes with a $2 million, three year contract as a Fox News Contributor. Williams’s star has continued to rise at Fox News ever since then.

June 12, 2017
The Murdoch Boys and the Future of Fox News
By Peter Barry Chowka

Articles: The Murdoch Boys and the Future of Fox News

Question: How come recently departed Roger Ailes is still being hailed as a genius when he hired Juan Williams?

Finally, now that the Murdoch boys are forcing Williams on FOX conservatives he has to be more insufferable than he was before he was anointed FNC’s biggest liberal star:

Channel surfing stunned me when I saw Juan Williams pop up more than usual. I’m outta there whenever I see him, but his demeanor in a few seconds told me that those few legitimate journalists on panels have to treat him with the same respect liberals get on the alphabet networks.

I always sensed that Brit Hume was the one guy who never, ever, rolled over for FOX liberals whenever they laid down crapola. Juan Williams will get worse now that his new bosses have his back; so it will be interesting to see if Hume has Williams "On the Record":​

FOX Turning Left

p.s. I cannot speak for the few conservatives on FOX, but I would get sick to my stomach if I ever sat down on a panel with Juan Williams. My only choice is to quit, or keep a puke bucket handy to use during the commercial breaks.

The Five is a failed show.
NBC would be smart to put Megyn Kelly opposite The Five at 9 pm. If she cannot beat The Five she cannot beat Public Television fund drives:

NBC is reportedly “freaking out” because the network’s over-hyped talent Megyn Kelly has already been a “ratings disaster.”

“They didn’t pay her $15 million for this. They are now worried that her numbers will be bad when she joins the 9 am hour of Today,” a source reportedly told Radar Online. “If Kelly tanks at 9 am she will also bring down Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb at 10 am.”​

NBC ‘Freaking Out’ over ‘Ratings Disaster’ Megyn Kelly: Report
by Tony Lee12 Jun 2017

NBC 'Freaking Out' over 'Ratings Disaster' Megyn Kelly: Report - Breitbart

p.s. Agent 006 & & 7/8ths reports that the hottest selling prayer rug among executives in the alphabet networks reads “GOD IS GOOD. THANK YOU FOR THE FIVE”.

Forum List

Back