Whose Taxes do we NEED to see?

You know...this is such a joke. Every other presidential candidate showed theirs.

False. Started with Nixon. That's 8.

37 did not.

Number one, it says presidential candidates, not "presidents". Number two your math is off. There have only been 44 POTUSes.

Trump is 45.

Candidate or not, the practice started with Nixon in 1973.

Do you always resort to such high-school shenanigans? Oh, wait ... of course you do.

Actually he's 44.

And you're the Queen of the May.

Presidential Inauguration Of The 45th President Of The United States Of America Donald Trump

And the practice started with George Romney. In 1967.

Presidential tax returns: It started with Nixon. Will it end with Trump?

What do people want to see in them? No one has answered this question.

Presumably the same thing they wanted to see in Clinton's, Obama's, Bush's, Romney's, McCain's and...well...everyone else who isn't specially protected like Trump.
You couldnt answer one simple question. What do YOU want to see in them? I think you only care because Trump ISNT showing them. Youre just fishing for ANYTHING to whine about.
Easy answer. I want to see the same things I saw in the other candidates returns. How about you? Why should Trump be specially exempt?

Nothing to exempt him from. It's strictly voluntary.

Maybe more to the point --- why should he be exempt from his own word?

He gave no word. Changed his mind. Tough titty for you.

You know...this is such a joke. Every other presidential candidate showed theirs.

37 did not.

Number one, it says presidential candidates, not "presidents". Number two your math is off. There have only been 44 POTUSes.

Trump is 45.

Do you always resort to such high-school shenanigans? Oh, wait ... of course you do.

Actually he's 44.

Presidential Inauguration Of The 45th President Of The United States Of America Donald Trump

Let's check your answers.

Wrong and wrong. Rump is the 44th, not the 45th. You can literally count 'em.

1. Washington
  2. Adams
  3. Jefferson
  4. Madison
  5. Monroe
  6. Quincy Adams
  7. Jackson
  8. van Buren
  9. W.H. Harrison
  10. Tyler
  11. Polk
  12. Taylor
  13. Fillmore
  14. Pierce
  15. Buchanan
  16. Lincoln
  17. A Johnson
  18. Grant
  19. Hayes
  20. Garfield
  21. Arthur Sideburns
  22. Cleveland
  23. B Harrison
  24. McKinley
  25. T Roosevelt
  26. Taft
  27. Wilson
  28. Harding
  29. Coolidge
  30. Hoover (damn)
  31. FDR
  32. Truman Show
  33. Ike
  34. JFK
  35. LBJ
  36. Nixon
  37. Ford
  38. Carter
  39. Reagan
  40. H.W. Boooosh
  41. Clinton
  42. G.W. Boooosh
  43. O'bama
  44. Rump

Heeeeeeeeeere's Romney. Note the date.

enhanced-buzz-22690-1342462884-1.jpg

Upon the suggestion of releasing a tax return Romney balked, declaring a single year wouldn't show any kind of pattern. So he released twelve years of them.

>> In 1967, Michigan Gov. George Romney set the bar high for tax disclosure by presidential candidates. While running for the Republican nomination, he was "badgered" by a writer for Look magazine to release his most recent tax return.

Romney refused. Releasing a single return wouldn't prove anything, he told the magazine's senior editor, T. George Harris. It could be a fluke, or even a cynical manipulation designed to make the candidate look good. What really mattered was how a candidate managed his personal finances over the long haul.

"Stumped by his argument," Harris wrote in the magazine, "I was not prepared for the move that it eventually led him to make: He ordered up all the Form 1040's that he and Mrs. Romney had filed over the past 12 years -- including those profitable ones when he saved the American Motors Corp. from bankruptcy and became a millionaire on the company's stock options."

Romney's disclosure was apparently unprecedented. While other candidates had released statements outlining their income, assets and other financial data, none had ever released his actual returns. << --- CNN Money

Let me think about what I want for a concession. How does $130,000 sound?

Last edited:

37 did not.

Trump is 45.

Actually he's 44.

Let's check your answers.

Wrong and wrong. Rump is the 44th, not the 45th. You can literally count 'em.

Heeeeeeeeeere's Romney. Note the date.

enhanced-buzz-22690-1342462884-1.jpg

Upon the suggestion of releasing a tax return Romney balked, declaring a single year wouldn't show any kind of pattern. So he released twelve years of them.

>> In 1967, Michigan Gov. George Romney set the bar high for tax disclosure by presidential candidates. While running for the Republican nomination, he was "badgered" by a writer for Look magazine to release his most recent tax return.

Romney refused. Releasing a single return wouldn't prove anything, he told the magazine's senior editor, T. George Harris. It could be a fluke, or even a cynical manipulation designed to make the candidate look good. What really mattered was how a candidate managed his personal finances over the long haul.

"Stumped by his argument," Harris wrote in the magazine, "I was not prepared for the move that it eventually led him to make: He ordered up all the Form 1040's that he and Mrs. Romney had filed over the past 12 years -- including those profitable ones when he saved the American Motors Corp. from bankruptcy and became a millionaire on the company's stock options."

Romney's disclosure was apparently unprecedented. While other candidates had released statements outlining their income, assets and other financial data, none had ever released his actual returns. << --- CNN Money

Let me think about what I want for a concession. How does $130,000 sound?

Revel in your myriad fantasies. They seem to be all you have.

Whose Taxes do we NEED to see?

any public official loyal to Russia, and anyone who has security clearance -

next question -

Presumably the same thing they wanted to see in Clinton's, Obama's, Bush's, Romney's, McCain's and...well...everyone else who isn't specially protected like Trump.
You couldnt answer one simple question. What do YOU want to see in them? I think you only care because Trump ISNT showing them. Youre just fishing for ANYTHING to whine about.
Easy answer. I want to see the same things I saw in the other candidates returns. How about you? Why should Trump be specially exempt?

Post 78. Still on the record.

Did he have his fingers crossed?

As I said, no word was given. No promissory note was issued.

He said numerous times he would. Changed his mind. Tough titty.

You know...this is such a joke. Every other presidential candidate showed theirs. Not Trump.

And his sycophants are at a fever pitch demanding that he is somehow SPECIALLY protected. You all know if Obama refused or Clinton refused you'd be screaming down the roof.

No the left is a joke, you fuckers lied about Romenys , said you were glad you did it and now upset Trump won't release his. .

When will the left comprehend you reap what you sow?

As I said, no word was given. No promissory note was issued.

He said numerous times he would. Changed his mind. Tough titty.

I see. They are unstatements that never happened, down the memory hole. Top speed, comrade.

You know...this is such a joke. Every other presidential candidate showed theirs. Not Trump.

And his sycophants are at a fever pitch demanding that he is somehow SPECIALLY protected. You all know if Obama refused or Clinton refused you'd be screaming down the roof.
The joke is how contradictory backwards and stupid you were.

Those other presidents had the same protection as trump. He is not specially protected he simply choose differently.

You still ignore the facts in the op

It is correct we need to see every congressman first. Then sure the presidents returns.

They should all have to show it, since I have to show mine for insurance, loans and jobs..
Where the hell do you live?

I have never had to show my tax returns for any of those reasons.
Like hell you don't even your credit rating is based on your tax return.
Bullshit!!!! credit rating is based on past loans and how they were repaid. No insurance company or bank loan officer or employer EVER asks for ones tax returns. No one other than a tax authority ever asks for them.

Forum List

Back