Who’s Running the Government?

58fa39750ba0b81b008b52a4-1200

Trump has yet to fill 85% of key executive branch positions

Probably career bureaucrats who have no loyalties but to themselves.

Of the 554 positions requiring confirmation, as of Saturday, 473 have no nominee, 35 have been announced but not formally nominated, 24 have been nominated, and just 22 have been confirmed thus far, according to a database put together by the Washington Post and the nonpartisan Partnership for Public Service.

We already know that he and his White House staff have indicated there are a number that he won’t even bother to fill. They are either redundant to not essential to the operation of the department or agency.

Seems like excellent managerial actions to me.

Read more @ WHO'S RUNNING THE GOVERNMENT? Trump has yet to fill 85% of key executive branch positions
Trump has no experience in government and it shows

Not filling positions with people who actually know what they are doing makes no sense
Coming from a Civil Service contractor.

85% of the key executive branch positions have yet to be filled, yet the government seems to be running just like it has for the past 8 years.
That says a lot about those positions. Why be in a hurry to fill them, Seems they are not critical to running the government.

:lol:

The government is running just like it has for the last 8 years because the same people have been running it for the last 8 years.

Maybe this is all part of Trump's plan to blame everything on "Obama's shadow government".

I thought they quit or resigned

85% of the key executive branch positions have yet to be filled, yet the government seems to be running just like it has for the past 8 years.
That says a lot about those positions. Why be in a hurry to fill them, Seems they are not critical to running the government.

The government is running just like it has for the last 8 years because the same people have been running it for the last 8 years.

Maybe this is all part of Trump's plan to blame everything on "Obama's shadow government".

Thats what was said previously. Maybe they lied like the celebrities that promised to leave the country if Trump won.

Of the 554 positions requiring confirmation, as of Saturday, 473 have no nominee, 35 have been announced but not formally nominated, 24 have been nominated, and just 22 have been confirmed thus far, according to a database put together by the Washington Post and the nonpartisan Partnership for Public Service.

We already know that he and his White House staff have indicated there are a number that he won’t even bother to fill. They are either redundant to not essential to the operation of the department or agency.

Read more @ WHO'S RUNNING THE GOVERNMENT? Trump has yet to fill 85% of key executive branch positions

Yup. There're a number of agencies could bear closing on that list.

I'm sure some did. Those positions are now being filled by their deputies, also likely appointed by Obama, on an "acting" capacity.

I'm sure some did. Those positions are now being filled by their deputies, also likely appointed by Obama, on an "acting" capacity.
In a perfect world all government positions would be filled by American Citizens for only the length of time that the President that appointed them to that position is in power. When a new administration comes into play the existing appointees are history. Unfortunately it is not a perfect world.

We don't need 90% of the stupid agencies that are on that list. No wonder this filthy ass Federal government cost $4 trillion a year.

In a perfect world all government positions would be filled by American Citizens for only the length of time that the President that appointed them to that position is in power. When a new administration comes into play the existing appointees are history. Unfortunately it is not a perfect world.

That's not a "perfect world", just a world where this thread wouldn't be so embarrassing.

Or maybe, just maybe, no one here has any clue what is going on, in spite of the "charts" posted that prove nothing.

Not filling positions with people who actually know what they are doing makes no sense
Trump has no idea how to run a government

It is showing...his first 100 days has been a disaster

Whatever hasn't gotten done is due to people I would never vote for.

Yes. For Democrats.

I know this is going to be hard for you to understand but, just maybe, the positions don't handle a true government function? Or it duplicates what someone else is doing?

DID YOU BOTHER TO LOOK AT THE LIST?

From the list:

Administrative Conference @ Administrative Conference of the United States - Wikipedia

Broadcasting Board of Governors @ Broadcasting Board of Governors - Wikipedia

Federal Maritime @ Federal Maritime Commission - Wikipedia

Merit Systems Protection Board – designed to keep tenured civil servants on the job regardless of their reason for termination. @ United States Merit Systems Protection Board - Wikipedia

Railroad Retirement Board @ Railroad Retirement Board - Wikipedia

Trade and Development Agency @ United States Trade and Development Agency - Wikipedia

US Agency for Intl. Development @ United States Agency for International Development - Wikipedia

US International Trade @ International Trade Administration - Wikipedia

Now, if you anti-Trump types would care to take a moment or two, check out the links and please assure us why these agencies should remain in existence and their leading position filled.

Yea like he really need to staff The Railroad Retirement Board, Appalachian Regional, Peace Corps and The Millennium Challenge Corporation, whatever the hell that is, just to name a few. Absolute waste of money for the majority of those stupid agencies.

I know this is going to be hard for you to understand but, just maybe, the positions don't handle a true government function? Or it duplicates what someone else is doing?

You're expecting analysis from RW?

OK...Lets talk Veterans Affairs

You know, the Department Trump claims to love even though he hates POWs
Only one of eleven key spots have been filled, even though Trump has had five months. Trump vowed to vets that he would fix the VA, but seems to be too busy playing golf to bother

OK...Lets talk Veterans Affairs

You know, the Department Trump claims to love even though he hates POWs
Only one of eleven key spots have been filled, even though Trump has had five months. Trump vowed to vets that he would fix the VA, but seems to be too busy playing golf to bother

Did you even bother to check out what the other 10 VA positions are? Or, does someone else have to do that for you?

You won't bother as you're too hung up on your goddess losing.

Forum List

Back