Who was the most racist President?

That was a common idea back then
What do we do with all these free slaves?
Setting up their own country was a common solution

Lincoln quickly learned it was unworkable and dropped the idea
Actually he kept trying to get black to agree to move.

"I have urged the colonization of the Negroes [back to Africa], and I shall continue. My Emancipation Proclamation was linked with this plan [of colonization]. There is no room for two distinct races of White men in America, much less for two distinct races of Whites and Blacks.

I can think of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as our equal. Within twenty years we can peacefully colonize the Negro...under conditions in which he can rise to the full measure of manhood. This he can NEVER do here [in America]. We can never attain the ideal Union our fathers dreamed, with millions of an alien, INFERIOR RACE among us, whose assimilation is neither possible nor desirable."

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Colonization of former slaved had been tried in Liberia and was a popular solution. Lincoln did not invent it

Lincoln was right about Negroes assimilating in our society. The problem was not the blacks but the whites who didn’t want to interact with them

As it was, it took another 100 years before whites allowed them to integrate

True. He did not "invent" the idea, but it is apparent by his words, that he viewed the slaves as an "alien, inferior race".

Of course it is pure speculation, however, had he not been assassinated we likely would have seen his actions support his sentiments. JMO.
I think he probably considered blacks an alien inferior race. Almost every American at the time did. They had similar views about women and Indians

But Lincoln was strongly opposed to the idea of human bondage at a time most Americans weren’t
Every group that came her was seen as inferior. Most treated as work slaves. African Americans had an extra cross to bear. We only watch movies on how they were treated. And of course we never have gotten who were the actual people and their names who financed the ships, the captains of the ships, along with the information we have been told that seems to be one way as to color of the meanies.

This site says that Barry Obammy was our most racist president.
1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

The top five most racist presidents in American history - The American Mirror
Wilson-Obama was not racist, but his wife was

Michelle Obama was not a racist.
She was the worst kind-seething under the surface-she would have been a great black "driver" on a plantation.

She is no racist. Whites like you try making us racists because we dare express disdain for how we have been treated like we are supposed to just shut up and take it.

"I have urged the colonization of the Negroes [back to Africa], and I shall continue. My Emancipation Proclamation was linked with this plan [of colonization]. There is no room for two distinct races of White men in America, much less for two distinct races of Whites and Blacks.

I can think of no greater calamity than the assimilation of the Negro into our social and political life as our equal. Within twenty years we can peacefully colonize the Negro...under conditions in which he can rise to the full measure of manhood. This he can NEVER do here [in America]. We can never attain the ideal Union our fathers dreamed, with millions of an alien, INFERIOR RACE among us, whose assimilation is neither possible nor desirable."

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Colonization of former slaved had been tried in Liberia and was a popular solution. Lincoln did not invent it

Lincoln was right about Negroes assimilating in our society. The problem was not the blacks but the whites who didn’t want to interact with them

True. He did not "invent" the idea, but it is apparent by his words, that he viewed the slaves as an "alien, inferior race".

Of course it is pure speculation, however, had he not been assassinated we likely would have seen his actions support his sentiments. JMO.
I think he probably considered blacks an alien inferior race. Almost every American at the time did. They had similar views about women and Indians

But Lincoln was strongly opposed to the idea of human bondage at a time most Americans weren’t

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

So are you saying now that the civil war was not fought over slavery???

100 percent it was fought over slavery

The Confederacy was formed to ensure slavery would exist forever in their country
The south might have been fighting for slavery but the north was not. Northern whites didn't give a damn about slavery. Lincoln persuaded northern whites to fight by making the issue defense of the union.

Lincoln fought for decades for Abolition

In his letters he wanted to ship all the blacks to Panama, he wanted segregation.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Colonization was only popular among whites. Blacks opposed Lincolns idea.

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

LBJ certainly deserves a top 5 position. The man went in front of the NAALCP and declared "With the implementation of the Great Society and the new massive welfare states, I will have you N-Word's voting for the Democrat Party for a hundred generations."
LBJ did more for Civil Rights than any modern President

Civil Rights Act would not have passed without him and he put the full power of the Justice Department behind enforcement

For those who dont know - This loser is simply a troll

LBJ was one of the most adamant people against civil rights.

1862 America

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

The Confederacy was formed to ensure slavery would exist forever in their country
The south might have been fighting for slavery but the north was not. Northern whites didn't give a damn about slavery. Lincoln persuaded northern whites to fight by making the issue defense of the union.

That's literally not true.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Every group that came her was seen as inferior. Most treated as work slaves. African Americans had an extra cross to bear. We only watch movies on how they were treated. And of course we never have gotten who were the actual people and their names who financed the ships, the captains of the ships, along with the information we have been told that seems to be one way as to color of the meanies.

“Whiteness is a social construct, and one with concrete benefits. Being white in the U.S. has long meant better jobs and opportunities, and an escape from persecution based on appearance and culture. Although these structural advantages remain, the meaning of whiteness is still hotly debated.”

Now let us understand how those who claim today to have suffered like blacks did not. I will cite as an example the Polish. Poles upon coming to this country were considered lesser, inferior, or plain just not white.

“Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.”

In his letters he wanted to ship all the blacks to Panama, he wanted segregation.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

In hindsight, slavery might have been a bad idea.
But ending slavery, without returning them to their native land was worse.
Who actually thought that slave owner descendants and slave descendants would simply say what the hell, let's pretend to be equal now?

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

LBJ certainly deserves a top 5 position. The man went in front of the NAALCP and declared "With the implementation of the Great Society and the new massive welfare states, I will have you N-Word's voting for the Democrat Party for a hundred generations."

Civil Rights Act would not have passed without him and he put the full power of the Justice Department behind enforcement

BS.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

Who actually thought that slave owner descendants and slave descendants would simply say what the hell, let's pretend to be equal now?

The bad idea was slavery and the decision for whites to leave Europe and decide that this continent was willed to them by divine ordinance.

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

BS.

Did they not teach history in da hood?

Most Americans

(That better be a typo)

That's literally not true.

It is 100 percent correct.

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

She was the worst kind-seething under the surface-she would have been a great black "driver" on a plantation.

She is no racist. Whites like you try making us racists because we dare express disdain for how we have been treated like we are supposed to just shut up and take it.
You should not shut up OR take it. But you fight and criticize those who support your ultimate struggle for equality, and give comfort to the "smilin faces" group that hold you back.

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

BS.

Apparently they didn't teach history to saltines.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

The bad idea was slavery and the decision for whites to leave Europe and decide that this continent was willed to them by divine ordinance.

Us coming here has worked out pretty well for the world.
Imagine what this planet could have accomplished if we had never had the millstones of Africa and the Middle East around our necks.

Abraham Lincoln
September 1862
1862 America

“Whiteness is a social construct, and one with concrete benefits. Being white in the U.S. has long meant better jobs and opportunities, and an escape from persecution based on appearance and culture. Although these structural advantages remain, the meaning of whiteness is still hotly debated.”

Now let us understand how those who claim today to have suffered like blacks did not. I will cite as an example the Polish. Poles upon coming to this country were considered lesser, inferior, or plain just not white.

“Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.”

I disagree. When I was a kid , growing up Polish, I was always taught to be non-discriminatory against African Americans. As you may know, Casimir the Great freed the slaves in Poland in 1347, and we've always been cool with the blacks.

I remember when I was a kid, some of the liberal kids in the neighborhood called blacks "n"-words. My old man told me that using language like that was more of a bad reflection on me than the blacks, and as a Pole that kind of slur was beneath me.

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

But he is right-without LBJ, no civil rights-I saw it unfold. he did use n word references, but that was normal for the times.

1 Obama
2 Wilson
3 FDR
4 Clinton
5 LBJ
Do you agree?

You should not shut up OR take it. But you fight and criticize those who support your ultimate struggle for equality, and give comfort to the "smilin faces" group that hold you back.

You should just shut up. Because we aren't going to take it and we know who supports our struggle and those who lie about doing so.

BS.

Apparently they didn't teach history to saltines.
But they did.
Two of the more famous anti civil rights names were LBJ and Al Gore Sr.

1862 America

I disagree. When I was a kid , growing up Polish, I was always taught to be non-discriminatory against African Americans. As you may know, Casimir the Great freed the slaves in Poland in 1347, and we've always been cool with the blacks.

I remember when I was a kid, some of the liberal kids in the neighborhood called blacks "n"-words. My old man told me that using language like that was more of a bad reflection on me than the blacks, and as a Pole that kind of slur was beneath me.

You agreement is irrelevant. What I posted happened.

Forum List

Back