Who are the 47 million Americans who ‘don’t have health care?”

Still no verification from a reliable source about these so called stats, eh?

Didn't think so.

Still no verification from a reliable source about these so called stats, eh?

Didn't think so.
The most reliable source I ever found was the Congressional Budget Office...and they even admitted it was just a guess. No one really knows.

Canada:

More than 825,000 Canadians are on waiting lists for surgery and other necessary treatments.
15 years ago the average wait for Canadians was 9 weeks - today it’s 15 weeks.
Over the past 10 years, 11% of physicians trained in Canada have moved to the United States.

As someone living in Canada, let me respond to these.

Waitlist: Many are on wait lists, for sure. Those wait lists qeue people by need, not income, but it is true we could use more doctors and nurses!

Wait times have increased, I agree. More people = longer wait, as the population of doctors has not increased as much as the general population I guess.

Doctors moving to the US? Definitely. Same with writers, designers, athletes, etc. Those that move to the US strictly for professional medical reasons? Maybe all of them, maybe less. Didn't see a stat on that.

* Maybe ask people who have full coverage affordable health care if they would switch to a private run system?

I know some of the less wealthy would prefer an imperfect, universal system to no coverage at all.

As someone living in Canada, let me respond to these.

Waitlist: Many are on wait lists, for sure. Those wait lists qeue people by need, not income, but it is true we could use more doctors and nurses!

Wait times have increased, I agree. More people = longer wait, as the population of doctors has not increased as much as the general population I guess.

Doctors moving to the US? Definitely. Same with writers, designers, athletes, etc. Those that move to the US strictly for professional medical reasons? Maybe all of them, maybe less. Didn't see a stat on that.

* Maybe ask people who have full coverage affordable health care if they would switch to a private run system?

I know some of the less wealthy would prefer an imperfect, universal system to no coverage at all.

You haven't made the case to me that I would want to have a universal health plan: long waits, not enough doctors and nurses...

You haven't made the case to me that I would want to have a universal health plan: long waits, not enough doctors and nurses...

This thread is such a waste. Nobody has proposed "Universal Health Care". That would suggest a single-payor system. Nobody has proposed this. In fact, it doesn't even exist in countries that have "socialized medicine". What a waste.

This thread is such a waste. Nobody has proposed "Universal Health Care". That would suggest a single-payor system. Nobody has proposed this. In fact, it doesn't even exist in countries that have "socialized medicine". What a waste.

Do hear what you wrote?

Canada's universal single-payer health care system covers about 70% of expenditures, and the Canada Health Act requires that all insured persons be fully insured, without co-payments or user fees, for all medically necessary hospital and physician care.

This comes straight from Wikipedia: Canadian and American health care systems compared - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe you need to brush up on the topic first?

Do hear what you wrote?

Canada's universal single-payer health care system covers about 70% of expenditures, and the Canada Health Act requires that all insured persons be fully insured, without co-payments or user fees, for all medically necessary hospital and physician care.

This comes straight from Wikipedia: Canadian and American health care systems compared - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe you need to brush up on the topic first?

Yes fully insured, but are you suggesting that there are not alternative methods under which to cover yourself? I see Canadian patients regularly who carry alternative healthcare payment plans which are very much like american MCOs...and keep in mind that Canadian physicians still operate private practices and are not employees of the government. They are free to take payment by any means they would like. Free market medicine is also alive and well in Great Britain. These goverments have not taken away the consumers right to choose his/her coverage method. The system is there if you need it. Back to the American issue: Who is suggesting socialized medicine for the U.S.? Please tell me.

And for that the people of South West Washington thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

LOL yeah I also like how SW Washington stores ask where you're from and if you're from Oregon you wave your sales tax as well. So long as it's something you might take home the sales taxes are waved. I still have to pay at restaurants.

Why the discussion of illegals?

Because Republicans don't want to admit that the problem is our profit driven healthcare system, not the illegals.

You're almost as stupid as AGayBiker.

THe problem IS caused by illegals, who are overburdening our free clinics, our emergency rooms, our jails, and our prisons. The problem is caused by illegals...pregnant illegals in Oregon can receive health coverage in Oregon, btw...but non-pregnant men and women between the ages of 19-63 cannot.

Australia has a single-payer system. Would we want the US system?

Hell no!!!!

Hell no!!!!

Australia does not have a single-payer system. Your Medicare system works in conjunction with Private Insurance. My point is really: Why are so many Americans so afraid of a system that will provide an option to MCOs? In countries like Australia, Canada, Great Britain etc., patients with private coverage have the option to seek care from private physicians through either private coverage, medical credit plans or cash. Neither McCain or Obama has proposed "socialized medicine". It's funny how many people are listening to this campaign bullshit.

Hell no!!!!

That raises an interesting question: Does everyone who lives in a country that has universal health care feel the same as Diuretic (Where did you get that screen name, BTW:confused:) or would some like to change their system for ours?

When I posted that question on another forum, not one person was ready to change. Maybe this one is different?

Forum List

Back