Who All Believes We Near the End of All Things?

Do youu think the world is close to the End?

• No, its all nonsense.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, the Bible is clear that we are seeing the signs indicating the End Times are here.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, the way mankind is poluting the Earth, it is near the End Times for Mankind.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes, the End Times are near for Other Reasons; (please explain)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I dont know, but it sounds like a coming buyers market to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I don't, but I am curious as to how different people think on this topic. Since I am high as a cat on pain killers tonight, this is my only post. Please forgive any misspellings or grammar mistakes.

Doomsday coming? End of the world is imminent, say Christian believers
"The founder of the fellowship has been delivering his Doomsday warnings in his five-part podcast series, Why October 7, 2015, is the likely end of the world.

“According to what the Bible is presenting, it does appear that October 7 will be the day that God has spoken of,” he explains.

"He says it will be the day Earth “passes away”, adding: “It’ll be gone forever. Annihilated.”

"He continues: “God destroyed the first Earth with water, by a flood, in the days of Noah. And he says he’ll not do that again, not by water. But he does say in 2nd Peter 3 that he’ll destroy it by fire.”

I don't believe that stuff. If God decides to destroy the world no one will have clues dropped to them ahead of time. He will come like a thief in the night.

The end of an age (not the end of earth: world speaking of the mere carnal being); actually the end of the age of grace if one gets technically about it all. Meaning that season has passed and new thing begins.

I don't, but I am curious as to how different people think on this topic. Since I am high as a cat on pain killers tonight, this is my only post. Please forgive any misspellings or grammar mistakes.

"The founder of the fellowship has been delivering his Doomsday warnings in his five-part podcast series, Why October 7, 2015, is the likely end of the world.

“According to what the Bible is presenting, it does appear that October 7 will be the day that God has spoken of,” he explains.

"He says it will be the day Earth “passes away”, adding: “It’ll be gone forever. Annihilated.”

"He continues: “God destroyed the first Earth with water, by a flood, in the days of Noah. And he says he’ll not do that again, not by water. But he does say in 2nd Peter 3 that he’ll destroy it by fire.”

I don't believe that stuff. If God decides to destroy the world no one will have clues dropped to them ahead of time. He will come like a thief in the night.
From what I have experienced in the last year and a half, yes, God is coming back. I do not know if he will show up tomorrow or transitioning in over the next three years or so but yes he is returning.

There are Evangelicals who are convinced the "End Times" are near.
The latest incarnation was 12/12/12....These far right fire and brimstone radical wackos were gleefully predicting the end of the world.
These douche bags say this shit with a smile on their faces. They do this because they irrationally believe thet but for their "faith" they will be excluded or "saved"....These people also believe there is an after life exclusively for them.
They are are nutty as this thread and the OP.

Humanity will end eventually. Depending on one's religion and/or science beliefs....it can happen any number of ways. The sun eventually will die off and explode in billions of years....killing all life on Earth. So...that WILL happen. Whether we have died off...or colonized other planets...will determine human survival.

I personally think our ancient times and conciousness are severely misunderstood. I don't know how in all the ways. But I personally believe Buddhism, Christianity and some sort of other life or spirit or existence outside of Earth in the far galaxies are all interconnected.

Nobody knows when. By fire, most likely. Asteroid. War. Whatever. But a date in particular? No. Soon? Yes. I'd say within the next 100 years. Or less.

Nobody knows when. By fire, most likely. Asteroid. War. Whatever. But a date in particular? No. Soon? Yes. I'd say within the next 100 years. Or less.

They were saying that 2000 years ago.
"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

There are Evangelicals who are convinced the "End Times" are near.
The latest incarnation was 12/12/12....These far right fire and brimstone radical wackos were gleefully predicting the end of the world.
These douche bags say this shit with a smile on their faces. They do this because they irrationally believe thet but for their "faith" they will be excluded or "saved"....These people also believe there is an after life exclusively for them.
They are are nutty as this thread and the OP.

And posting this thread makes me nutty because....you don't find it interesting to discuss?

Then what the fuck are you doing here then? Go play somewhere lese. I wont miss you.

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

The word translated as 'generation' can also be translated into several other meanings depending on context, from what I recall. My personal beliefs is that Jesus was trying to drop hints about the Roman destruction of Jerusalem a few decades later.

The word translated as 'generation' can also be translated into several other meanings depending on context, from what I recall. My personal beliefs is that Jesus was trying to drop hints about the Roman destruction of Jerusalem a few decades later.

Of course they have to assign other meanings. Otherwise they would look like damn fools.

Only the Father knows, not even the Son knows.

So how do human beings claim they know?

They don't..

If the Father didn't reveal the time to his Son, then you can bet he's not going to tell anyone else.

Of course they have to assign other meanings. Otherwise they would look like damn fools.

SMH.

In translation the translator has to use the context, culture and history of the author and his society to try and make the best translation possible.

Unlike you they are not trying to avoid looking like a damned fool, which you fail at anyway.

What is frightening is that 3 people voted
the Bible is clear that we are seeing the signs indicating the End Times are here.

No wonder why America is going backward in critical thinking and logic

Forum List

Back