White Nationalist plot Election Day show of force.

Dr.Traveler

Mathematician
Aug 31, 2009
White nationalists plot Election Day show of force

No matter who you support, this has been one of the most depressing/disgusting/disturbing parts of the 2016 election. A lot of the groups mentioned here in this article are out and out racists and are not above violence or intimidation. And this election, they've felt like they've been welcomed into the mainstream dialogue.

No matter who wins, this is going to be something we as a country have to face in the coming decades. Demographics are changing and a lot of these groups are actively scared by the fact that they're seeing their political clout disappear as African American, Hispanic, and other voter groups grow. They will probably turn violent in the long run.

No matter who you support, this has been one of the most depressing/disgusting/disturbing parts of the 2016 election. A lot of the groups mentioned here in this article are out and out racists and are not above violence or intimidation. And this election, they've felt like they've been welcomed into the mainstream dialogue.

No matter who wins, this is going to be something we as a country have to face in the coming decades. Demographics are changing and a lot of these groups are actively scared by the fact that they're seeing their political clout disappear as African American, Hispanic, and other voter groups grow. They will probably turn violent in the long run.

We should get them to fight off with the more virulent BLM groups. Problem solved.

We should get them to fight off with the more virulent BLM groups. Problem solved.
I know you're joking, but this is probably where this is going. I can't imagine that local communities are going to take the news that White Nationalists are bragging about sneaking into schools to set up cameras, or showing up (possibly armed) at polling places. Eventually someone is going to start shooting at someone else and then the crap hits the fan.

This is especially disturbing combined with growing appearances of articles like this: 6 Reasons Why A New Civil War Is Possible And Terrifying (yeah I know it's Cracked, but it's a well written article.). And before folks start discounting the idea of Civil War should read this: It Could Happen Here: 5 Ways Civil War Changes Modern Life

Short version is this: Crap like the Politico article is talking about is how shooting wars start.

White nationalists 'show of force' is about as laughable as a Klan rally. :0)

nuke em' ... I mean we have nukes why not use them?

:drillsergeant:

Yet the left bring them both up EVERY ELECTION as if they're relevant.

Disingenuous party of hack losers

White people are everywhere! Arghhh.......
Laugh it up, but I recall that folks got VERY up in arms about the idea of the Black Panthers at polling places in 2008. This is the same thing. Would you still be laughing if the Black Panthers and BLM were openly and actively stating they were planning to show up in the rural areas to "monitor the vote" or possibly intimidate voters?

Nothing in this article is laughable. You have folks claiming they're sneaking into schools to set up cameras. You have folks actively talking about showing up to intimidate voters. This is 1800's level crap and we'd moved past this. At least that's what we'd thought.

This time they are very very relevant. And if you were honest about this you'd realize what's different this time and how it got to this point.

Laugh it up, but I recall that folks got VERY up in arms about the idea of the Black Panthers at polling places in 2008. This is the same thing. Would you still be laughing if the Black Panthers and BLM were openly and actively stating they were planning to show up in the rural areas to "monitor the vote" or possibly intimidate voters?

Nothing in this article is laughable. You have folks claiming they're sneaking into schools to set up cameras. You have folks actively talking about showing up to intimidate voters. This is 1800's level crap and we'd moved past this. At least that's what we'd thought.
Sneaking in to hide cameras = standing at the entrance in thug outfits holding weapons in your world?

This time they are very very relevant. And if you were honest about this you'd realize what's different this time and how it got to this point.
What's different is you're scared Hillary may lose so the shit slinging has begun.

I know you're joking, but this is probably where this is going. I can't imagine that local communities are going to take the news that White Nationalists are bragging about sneaking into schools to set up cameras, or showing up (possibly armed) at polling places. Eventually someone is going to start shooting at someone else and then the crap hits the fan.

This is especially disturbing combined with growing appearances of articles like this: 6 Reasons Why A New Civil War Is Possible And Terrifying (yeah I know it's Cracked, but it's a well written article.). And before folks start discounting the idea of Civil War should read this: It Could Happen Here: 5 Ways Civil War Changes Modern Life

Short version is this: Crap like the Politico article is talking about is how shooting wars start.

I will be more worried when normal everyday people start talking of insurrection, the ones doing it have had an axe to grind for decades, this just gives them a chance to enter the daylight for a bit.

On disturbing scenario, however, would if the EC actually did what the Framer's intended in the case of a narrow Trump Victory, i.e. deny him the presidency and give it to Hillary.

Then talk of civil insurrection (I wouldn't call it war right away) would be valid.

Hell, I don't even like Trump, but that's the one thing that might call me to the barricades.

Sneaking in to hide cameras = standing at the entrance in thug outfits holding weapons in your world?
Yes. I have school age kids. The idea of someone sneaking around their school disturbs the hell out of me. I remember church bombings. I remember when folks houses got set on fire. I remember the school shootings that have occurred. Learning White Nationalists are sneaking into schools. Darn right I see that as a problem.

They are indeed useful tools. :0) Not much else.

Yes. I have school age kids. The idea of someone sneaking around their school disturbs the hell out of me. I remember church bombings. I remember when folks houses got set on fire. I remember the school shootings that have occurred. Learning White Nationalists are sneaking into schools. Darn right I see that as a problem.
I remember?

Sounds more like I'm imagining to me

the seed was planted with Tea Party dolts...

912-TeaParty-DC-We-came-unarmed-this-time.jpg

What's different is you're scared Hillary may lose so the shit slinging has begun.
No. I'm still pretty confident she'll win.

I'm very concerned because a lot of racists fell they've got a place and voice in this process and that is not a good thing. They feel empowered and when they feel empowered, bad crap goes down. It wasn't that long ago in Indiana when I was growing up that KKK related crap would go down. Those days aren't that long gone. Seeing them come back disturbs the hell out of me.

At the end of the day Trump, should he win, isn't the problem folks paint him to be. He's incompetent, but the office has survived incompetent. He's a sexual predator, but again, the office has survived that. The one thing that could really screw the pooch here is a return to the bad old days or racists out and actively violent. That shit needs to die off for good.

no one is ever good enough for you, doc. no one will ever be good enough for you.

Forum List

Back