White Fort Worth Police Officer Fatally Shoots Black Woman Inside Her Home

From what I can see and hear...the cop panicked...bad shooting...

Pretty much.

But that was the last in a very bad series of calls by the cop. He never identified himself, never simply knocked on the front door, and had his service weapon drawn for a non-emergency welfare check where no crime had been reported.

Shooting an unarmed woman through a window in her own home was just the tragedy cherry on layered cake of incompetence and violated police protocols.
I heard today she had a gun and pointed it out the window and that is when the cop shot...the cop had already seen two guns on the floor through a window so that explains why he was on guard...so I change my view...the shooting was justified in my opinion even though he should have announced who he was...seems like a tragic accident made by both the cop and the woman....I wish police departments would put two officers in each car like they used to do...that way you have immediate backup present....
I would love to see where you heard that since only an 8 yr old child was present and there wasnt enough time between him yelling and shooting for her to pick one up let alone point it
The child told the police that she pointed her gun to the window...and then he heard the shot and she fell to the ground...it was reported this morning...

Pretty much.

But that was the last in a very bad series of calls by the cop. He never identified himself, never simply knocked on the front door, and had his service weapon drawn for a non-emergency welfare check where no crime had been reported.

Shooting an unarmed woman through a window in her own home was just the tragedy cherry on layered cake of incompetence and violated police protocols.
I heard today she had a gun and pointed it out the window and that is when the cop shot...the cop had already seen two guns on the floor through a window so that explains why he was on guard...so I change my view...the shooting was justified in my opinion even though he should have announced who he was...seems like a tragic accident made by both the cop and the woman....I wish police departments would put two officers in each car like they used to do...that way you have immediate backup present....
I would love to see where you heard that since only an 8 yr old child was present and there wasnt enough time between him yelling and shooting for her to pick one up let alone point it
The child told the police that she pointed her gun to the window...and then he heard the shot and she fell to the ground...it was reported this morning...
that wasnt in the story I read,,,

Pretty much.

I heard that the 8 years old nephew told the investigators that when they heard noises outside she pulled her weapon from her purse and was moving toward the window with her weapon pointed at the window. I don't know now, but that cop should have identified himself well before they confronted each other with weapons drawn.

IF I hear someone or something making noises at the back of my house. I would be doing the same thing she did.

Pretty much.

Let me see if I can find a link for ya....

Pretty much.

Atatiana Jefferson Was Holding a Gun When She Was Shot by Cops in Her Own Home

Atatiana Jefferson's 8-year-old nephew told forensic investigators that his aunt was holding a gun when she was shot dead by a Fort Worth officer Saturday night

Pretty much.

wouldnt matter anyway,,,anyone that sneaks up to a house in the middle of the night unidentified deserves to be shot,,,even a cop

The lesson to be learned here is that when someone has a gun pointed at you; dont hesitate. It's better to be judged by twelve, than to be carried by six. Hopefully the gun owning public will take this grim lesson to heart moving forward...

wouldnt matter anyway,,,anyone that sneaks up to a house in the middle of the night unidentified deserves to be shot,,,even a cop
I agree but it shouldn't take so long for me or any of us to find that link...and no where on any network but FOX are we getting that story...the media are ignoring the child's statement in the hopes of starting race riots in time for the 2020 election....

I'm willing to bet many of the people here trying to absolve the police officer from responsibility would have grabbed a gun themselves at 2:30 AM, if they heard something knocked over in the backyard. And had it been a cop that they were NOT expecting to be there, there would either be a dead cop or a dead USMB poster.

If I were a cop...I'd start looking for a new profession.....your own departments won't back you up any more when the deceased is black....

The lesson to be learned here is that when someone has a gun pointed at you; dont hesitate. It's better to be judged by twelve, than to be carried by six. Hopefully the gun owning public will take this grim lesson to heart moving forward...

the other lesson is to never assume that the cop on call to your house has all the information correct. Or if you call the police because of something happening next door, keep in mind, with any info that is not clear to the arriving police, it could cost someone their life needlessly.

I'm willing to bet many of the people here trying to absolve the police officer from responsibility would have grabbed a gun themselves at 2:30 AM, if they heard something knocked over in the backyard. And had it been a cop that they were NOT expecting to be there, there would either be a dead cop or a dead USMB poster.
It was a tragic accident caused by mistakes made by both the cop and the woman....why does she leave two guns in plain sight from the outside when a kid is in her home and why didn't she call police when she heard the cop in the back yard...all mistakes made by her...

If I were a cop...I'd start looking for a new profession.....your own departments won't back you up any more when the deceased is black....
there is no logical defense for this cop,,,he murdered a person in their own home,,,

to many times I have read where the cops were called for help only to arrive and murder the person calling for help,,,

I thought they would lay down their lives for the people,, now they are just killing,, and it seems just for no good reason sometimes,,,

I agree, the call of systematic racism in the shooting of blacks is overused. This case being a perfect example.

there is no logical defense for this cop,,,he murdered a person in their own home,,,

to many times I have read where the cops were called for help only to arrive and murder the person calling for help,,,

I thought they would lay down their lives for the people,, now they are just killing,, and it seems just for no good reason sometimes,,,
If what the kid said is true what other choice did he have when he saw a gun pointed at him?....this ain't murder...its a bad shooting...murder has a specific deffinition....

Well... If the victim was white the media wouldnt even bother to cover incidents like these. So for what it's worth the black grievance squad is serving a useful purpose in this, and the guyger case. After all more whites are shot by police than blacks. Usually without any public scrutiny.

If what the kid said is true what other choice did he have when he saw a gun pointed at him?....this ain't murder...its a bad shooting...murder has a specific deffinition....

He would still have to be charged with some sort of manslaughter. Whether or not the cop's intentions were good, a woman still lost her life. Did she make some mistakes? sure, but they were inside her own home. It's not like she left a gun out on the front seat of her car during a traffic stop.

He would still have to be charged with some sort of manslaughter. Whether or not the cop's intentions were good, a woman still lost her life. Did she make some mistakes? sure, but they were inside her own home. It's not like she left a gun out on the front seat of her car during a traffic stop.
I agree he fucked up...but if a riot breaks out over this it will be due to purposeful negligent reporting....

Let's say somehow the lady did put up her hands without the cop shooting her. What was the cop going to do then? Stand outside ready to shoot her at the slightest movement until when and what?

Yes, people need to have empathy for what these officers are going through. If you're unwilling to stand still while the police assess the situation, then you're being very selfish and putting the officer's livelihood at risk in the event he shoots and kills you because you refused to stand still and follow directions to put your hands in the air while slowly walking toward him in a brisk manner while on your knees. This is why I suggest we start having our children learn how to be good citizens early on by having at least two hours of simon says practice everyday throughout their entire school career. I would even encourage adults to do the same just to make sure they stay fresh on how to obey orders correctly. Perhaps Planet Fitness could get rid of those satanic yoga and homosexual liberal hippie spinning classes, and replace them with simon says classes.

She had 1-2 seconds before he fired. He's going away and he will get to learn how to obey commands.

She only had half a second from what I saw..... to identify it was a cop in her backyard. It takes most people a couple seconds to process things before they can decide to raise their hands or, do something with the gun in her hand. She never had a chance.

Forum List

Back