While the country is focused on Healthcare and Collusion, sneaky GOP cuts minimum wage

You have learned 81 times the corporations don't pay their fair share. They pass on the corporate tax cost like all costs to their customers In the form of higher prices. Therefore the corporate tax should be illuminated it would give our corporations a huge incentive To stay in America and provide millions of jobs shall we go for number 82

"illuminating" corporate taxes would do nothing to raise the cost of cheap foreign labor.

eliminating taxes on American corporations would lower the cost of American labor and make it more competitive with cheap foreign labor!! Do you understand?

BULLSHIT!!! Lowering taxes would increase business net. A 1:1 tax credit on employee expenses would be a much better idea.

Since employee expenses are much higher than corporate profits, you're handing corporations a giant refund from the government.

But unlike now, corporations would be doing something with the money other than padding their net.

Sixty-five percent of the United States economy is based on middle class spending. With predator employers keeping wages low the economy (at least for the middle class) isn't going to improve. Those predators need to be taught that a 50% net is unrealistic.

Sixty-five percent of the United States economy is based on middle class spending.

What does that have to do with the unskilled workers making minimum wage?
They sure as hell aren't in the middle class.

Those predators need to be taught that a 50% net is unrealistic.

Who has a 50% net?

Unless you need an advanced degree for/or certification/licensing, EVERY job is unskilled.

I stated that a 50% net is unrealistic.

Thanks for the spin!

If no one gets a 50% net, what are you whining about?

WOW! I'll make it simple for 'ya. American corporations are putting net over all, which is not good for the economy.

You have learned 81 times the corporations don't pay their fair share. They pass on the corporate tax cost like all costs to their customers In the form of higher prices. Therefore the corporate tax should be illuminated it would give our corporations a huge incentive To stay in America and provide millions of jobs shall we go for number 82

"illuminating" corporate taxes would do nothing to raise the cost of cheap foreign labor.

eliminating taxes on American corporations would lower the cost of American labor and make it more competitive with cheap foreign labor!! Do you understand?

BULLSHIT!!! Lowering taxes would increase business net. A 1:1 tax credit on employee expenses would be a much better idea.

Since employee expenses are much higher than corporate profits, you're handing corporations a giant refund from the government.

But unlike now, corporations would be doing something with the money other than padding their net.

Pretty sure their huge tax refunds would be padding their net.

Sixty-five percent of the United States economy is based on middle class spending. With predator employers keeping wages low the economy (at least for the middle class) isn't going to improve. Those predators need to be taught that a 50% net is unrealistic.

Sixty-five percent of the United States economy is based on middle class spending.

What does that have to do with the unskilled workers making minimum wage?
They sure as hell aren't in the middle class.

Those predators need to be taught that a 50% net is unrealistic.

Who has a 50% net?

Unless you need an advanced degree for/or certification/licensing, EVERY job is unskilled.

I stated that a 50% net is unrealistic.

Thanks for the spin!

If no one gets a 50% net, what are you whining about?

WOW! I'll make it simple for 'ya. American corporations are putting net over all, which is not good for the economy.

Yeah, not like the good old days when profit never entered the picture.

DERP!

Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage — yes, you read that right

While journalists and political junkies are focused on the latest implosion of the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare and gut Medicaid, conservatives in several states have been working to decrease the minimum wage that businesses can pay to their workers.

In Missouri, Republicans just passed a law overturning a local measure passed by the city of St. Louis that had raised the minimum wage to $10 per hour.

Senate grinds to a halt as Republicans push local minimum wage ban through

The Republicans' hypocrisy on minimum wage

------------------------------------------

How Much Could I Receive? | Food and Nutrition Service

Say a mother of two is making 8 bucks an hour. That's around $1280 a month. Say she's single because her husband died and left her without any money. And out of that $1280 is rent and clothes and healthcare.

According to food stamp rules, she would get her income times .3 which would be subtracted from $511 which would come out to less than $130 a month.

There is one problem with that amount. Republicans think it is way too much.

Yea, the heartless bastards think that's way too much. That's today's GOP. They kneel at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard. Far removed from Christ.

Right wingers vote them into office because they believe their lives aren't miserable enough.

And now, they think Putin, of all the evil people in the world, is a "great" leader. Because people in Russia are so happy.

Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
It's the people's fault. I say lower minimum wage. The people who make minimum wage don't vote. They are realizing elections have consequences
Punish people who make minimum wage because they aren't punished enough? Really?
I see the goop's side of this. There are situations where the kid should only be getting $5 hr. The putt putt golf coarse kid or batting cage kid.

Anyways, why didn't these poor people show up for Hillary? So now they're going to realize the difference between parties.

I'm not going to cry every time Republicans do what Republicans do. Let's hope people show up in 2018. Will they?

How about the whole concept of an "entry level" job being entry level, and not something designed to raise a family on, or even be something you can support yourself on.

The idea is to work up the ladder, not hang on the bottom rung and wonder why its so hard to be hanging there.

Unless you need an advanced degree for certification/licensing, EVERY job is entry level.

No, not true. Shift supervisor at McDonalds is not entry level for McDonalds, just like project engineer or Sr Inspector isn't entry level for engineering.

View attachment 137950

Do feel free to start your own business and pay your employees that much without raising your prices significantly to cover that added expense for another ten or more employees every month.

Let us know how that works out for you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

I'm not understanding. Are you advocating slave wages?

View attachment 137950

Do feel free to start your own business and pay your employees that much without raising your prices significantly to cover that added expense for another ten or more employees every month.

Let us know how that works out for you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

I'm not understanding. Are you advocating slave wages?

upload_2017-7-12_13-39-56.jpeg

I don't see the problem with you starting your business and your paying the wages you think your employees deserve. I'm sure if you're paying fifteen dollars an hour you'll have all sorts of prospective employees applying for a job. Do feel free to exercise your entrepreneur spirit and make America great in your own way.

What's the problem? Too scared to take the risk?

*****CHUCKLE*****

The higher $10 minimum wage actually lowered Missouri unemployment rate far below the national average. While Texas unemployment rate rose well above the national average.

Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage — yes, you read that right

While journalists and political junkies are focused on the latest implosion of the GOP effort to repeal Obamacare and gut Medicaid, conservatives in several states have been working to decrease the minimum wage that businesses can pay to their workers.

In Missouri, Republicans just passed a law overturning a local measure passed by the city of St. Louis that had raised the minimum wage to $10 per hour.

Senate grinds to a halt as Republicans push local minimum wage ban through

The Republicans' hypocrisy on minimum wage

------------------------------------------

How Much Could I Receive? | Food and Nutrition Service

Say a mother of two is making 8 bucks an hour. That's around $1280 a month. Say she's single because her husband died and left her without any money. And out of that $1280 is rent and clothes and healthcare.

According to food stamp rules, she would get her income times .3 which would be subtracted from $511 which would come out to less than $130 a month.

There is one problem with that amount. Republicans think it is way too much.

Yea, the heartless bastards think that's way too much. That's today's GOP. They kneel at the alter of the Church of the Heartless Bastard. Far removed from Christ.

Right wingers vote them into office because they believe their lives aren't miserable enough.

And now, they think Putin, of all the evil people in the world, is a "great" leader. Because people in Russia are so happy.

Russia is a mess — the poverty rate is soaring and only 10 of 85 regions are financially stable
It's the people's fault. I say lower minimum wage. The people who make minimum wage don't vote. They are realizing elections have consequences
Punish people who make minimum wage because they aren't punished enough? Really?
I see the goop's side of this. There are situations where the kid should only be getting $5 hr. The putt putt golf coarse kid or batting cage kid.

Anyways, why didn't these poor people show up for Hillary? So now they're going to realize the difference between parties.

I'm not going to cry every time Republicans do what Republicans do. Let's hope people show up in 2018. Will they?
They're trying to keep you in your job. In case you haven't heard, robotics are taking over. McDonald's is already starting to fire workers and replace them with machinery.

BULLSHIT!!! The company that makes the hamburger flipping robot states the robot won't flip hamburgers!

Kiosks as well as apps place the order faster, not replace workers to deliver the orders.
If that's true, I stand corrected but even if it isn't quite ready, it's just around the corner guaranteed. I've read articles companies are working on robots to replace as many jobs as possible making the average worker obsolete. A reporter asked who would pay the tax dollars needed to run governments if so and they said they will continue to do that and are working on what to do about all the people out of work.

I mean even though they haven't perfected the process yet, given the fact it will save companies billions, you can bet they're hot on the trail of getting that done because it will eliminate wages, benefits, people not showing up, the need to replace workers on the fly by those calling in sick, no more attitudes, no more walking off the job, no more no more no more. Guaranteed it's coming because with companies it's always about the bottom line.

More competitive yes, cheaper no.

Do you understand?

Now, we make 20% of world manufacturing here because it is cheaper to do so. If we eliminated the 40% corporate tax perhaps 30% of world manufacturing would be cheaper to do here. As a liberal always be suspicious when you think you have made a clever point!

I've read articles companies are working on robots

machines have been replacing people for 2000 years and at an ever faster rate but we still have 96% employment so there is absolutely nothing to worry about, nothing at all. Can you grasp this logic?

with companies it's always about the bottom line.

that is a libcommie lie of course and you fell for it. Companies survive under Republican capitalism only by offering the best jobs and products possible in the entire world. Now you know what its about . If you still don't understand please feel free to ask questions.

I've read articles companies are working on robots

machines have been replacing people for 2000 years and at an ever faster rate but we still have 96% employment so there is absolutely nothing to worry about, nothing at all. Can you grasp this logic?

Can you grasp that I was simply telling people to learn trades that won't leave them as vulnerable? Or like you, they can just sit and wait to be handed a pink slip and have nowhere to go to find another because they aren't specially trained in anything.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-pwc-robotics-jobs-20170324-story.html
Robots will take over most jobs within 30 years, experts warn
When the robots take over, will there be jobs left for us?
Robots will destroy our jobs – and we're not ready for it
Will machines eventually take on every job?

with companies it's always about the bottom line.

that is a libcommie lie of course and you fell for it. Companies survive under Republican capitalism only by offering the best jobs and products possible in the entire world. Now you know what its about . If you still don't understand please feel free to ask questions.
I'm actually conservative and I'm all on board with Trump cutting regulations so it allows small business to compete...but being conservative doesn't mean I'm stupid. Business leaders and special interest groups lobby on both sides of the aisle. And because CEO's get paid high salaries to make profits for their companies, and the more they increase the bottom line, the more they themselves make, that and technology will put nearly everyone out of work at some point.

People who think they can get the minimum wage hiked up to $15.00 from $8.00 are deluding themselves. I'd love to see them happy and get that but it's not going to happen. McDonald's already warned employees they will find themselves out of a job if they try. I believe they are very close to making that happen and not just at the kiosk where customers pay. In my minds eye I can see a surveyor belt with automation all around at the fries, burgers, etc. doing those jobs in the very near future. Aside from the automation, there will probably be one or two people around in case one breaks down. I mean if automated semi trucks can transport loads across the nation with no one at the wheel, I think most other jobs will be at risk shortly as well.

Last edited:
, that and technology will put nearly everyone out of work at some point.

actually we've had companies, CEO's, and new inventions that unemployed every human being 100 times over( think farm equipment) and still employment is 96%. What doe that tell you?

Econ 101 if nobody has a job, nobody has money so what would be the point of robots making anything?

Forum List

Back