Where is the ACLU and Barry Lynn?

red states rule

May 30, 2006
I found it funny to watch Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama both stand behind pulpits at churches in Selma, Alabama on Sunday as they pandered for support for their presidential campaigns.

Where is the outrage from the ACLU and Barry Lynn fromt he left wing group Americans for Seperation of Church and State? I believe it is fine to them for liberal candidates to mix Religion and politics but not conservative ones.

I found it weird that Edwards is talking for Jesus. Last I heard, the message was to the individual, not government:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/03/05/politics/p135336S12.DTL&type=politics
Edwards: Jesus Would Be 'Appalled'

By MIKE BAKER, Associated Press Writer

Monday, March 5, 2007

(03-05) 18:41 PST Chapel Hill, N.C. (AP) --

Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards says Jesus would be appalled at how the United States has ignored the plight of the suffering, and that he believes children should have private time to pray at school.

Edwards, in an interview with the Web site Beliefnet.com, said Jesus would be most upset with the selfishness of Americans and the country's willingness to go to war "when it's not necessary."

"I think that Jesus would be disappointed in our ignoring the plight of those around us who are suffering and our focus on our own selfish short-term needs," Edwards told the site. "I think he would be appalled, actually."

Edwards also said he was against teacher-led prayers in public schools, but he added that "allowing time for children to pray for themselves, to themselves, I think is not only OK, I think it's a good thing."

The ACLU's whole agenda is to implement an atheist state in America. When they take on any "Christian cause", it's rare and done just so they can appear "fair". They aren't.

Where is the outrage from the ACLU and Barry Lynn fromt he left wing group Americans for Seperation of Church and State? I believe it is fine to them for liberal candidates to mix Religion and politics but not conservative ones.

That's right. It's okay when they do it - it's called "outreaching", just ask John Edwards.

Now this ambulance chaser thinks he can speak for Jesus. America's the most generous country in the world and Jesus NEVER advocated "univeral healthcare" or abortion-on-demand or to appease terrorists. His next worth is over 100M, and he's building himself a mansion. Hypocrite.

Pretty Boy says the United States has ignored the plight of the suffering. I bet he thinks of them constantly as he sits in his new 30,000 sq ft mansion

I found it funny to watch Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama both stand behind pulpits at churches in Selma, Alabama on Sunday as they pandered for support for their presidential campaigns.

Where is the outrage from the ACLU and Barry Lynn from the left wing group Americans for Separation of Church and State? I believe it is fine to them for liberal candidates to mix Religion and politics but not conservative ones.

Explain exactly how the principle of no human authority over religion was violated? Did Hillary or Barack abuse their civil office to issue religious advice to the congregation? Do you actually know what Separation of Church and State is?

Explain exactly how the principle of no human authority over religion was violated? Did Hillary or Barack abuse their civil office to issue religious advice to the congregation? Do you actually know what Separation of Church and State is?

It is the clear double standard among the left and in the liberal media. Anythime a Republican steps foot in a Church or other religious setting and speaks to the crowd, the knives come out

However since it is a BLACK Church, and LIBS were speaking to the crowd - they get a pass.

I read you to say that you have no evidence to support your claim.

Here are a few examples

By the grace of God and your help, last year I was elected President."
— Clinton, Church of God in Christ, Memphis, Tennessee, November 1993

"Our ministry is to do the work of God here on Earth."
— Clinton to a church in Temple Hills, Maryland, August 1994

"God's work must be our own. And there are many questions before us now in this last presidential election of the 20th century."
— Clinton to a church in Newark, New Jersey, October 1996

"The Scripture says, 'While we have time, let us do good unto all men.' And a week from Tuesday, it will be time for us to vote."
— Clinton, Alfred Street Baptist Church, Alexandria, VA, October 29, 2000

"But I am pleading with you.... I have done everything I know to do.... [But] you have to show. So talk to your friends, talk to your neighbors, talk to your family members, talk to your co-workers, and make sure nobody takes a pass on November 7th."
— Clinton, Shiloh Baptist Church, Washington, D.C., October 29, 2000

Bill Clinton's vote-pushing in churches was no anomaly: His wife, as a senatorial candidate in New York, did the same in November 2000, as did Al Gore, when he was the Democratic presidential nominee. According to the New York Times, on election eve 2000, Hillary Rodham Clinton campaigned in seven churches in seven hours.

And while George W. Bush was pilloried for having the audacity to cite Jesus as his favorite philosopher in Iowa in December 1999, nary a reporter raised an eyebrow when presidential candidate Dick Gephardt said the following to Democratic voters in Iowa in December 2003: "He [Jesus] was a Democrat, I think." Needless to say, Maureen Dowd did not accuse Gephardt (as she did Bush) of playing the "Jesus card."

God talk by a conservative Republican like George W. Bush is not tolerated, whereas liberal Democrats can talk about God as much as they want, even for explicitly partisan purposes. The double standard is quite sad and unfair. This is America, and politicians on both sides ought to be able to freely exercise their faiths — without attack.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/kengor200409070843.asp

Here are a few examples

By the grace of God and your help, last year I was elected President."
— Clinton, Church of God in Christ, Memphis, Tennessee, November 1993

"Our ministry is to do the work of God here on Earth."
— Clinton to a church in Temple Hills, Maryland, August 1994

"God's work must be our own. And there are many questions before us now in this last presidential election of the 20th century."
— Clinton to a church in Newark, New Jersey, October 1996

"The Scripture says, 'While we have time, let us do good unto all men.' And a week from Tuesday, it will be time for us to vote."
— Clinton, Alfred Street Baptist Church, Alexandria, VA, October 29, 2000

"But I am pleading with you.... I have done everything I know to do.... [But] you have to show. So talk to your friends, talk to your neighbors, talk to your family members, talk to your co-workers, and make sure nobody takes a pass on November 7th."
— Clinton, Shiloh Baptist Church, Washington, D.C., October 29, 2000

Bill Clinton's vote-pushing in churches was no anomaly: His wife, as a senatorial candidate in New York, did the same in November 2000, as did Al Gore, when he was the Democratic presidential nominee. According to the New York Times, on election eve 2000, Hillary Rodham Clinton campaigned in seven churches in seven hours.

And while George W. Bush was pilloried for having the audacity to cite Jesus as his favorite philosopher in Iowa in December 1999, nary a reporter raised an eyebrow when presidential candidate Dick Gephardt said the following to Democratic voters in Iowa in December 2003: "He [Jesus] was a Democrat, I think." Needless to say, Maureen Dowd did not accuse Gephardt (as she did Bush) of playing the "Jesus card."

God talk by a conservative Republican like George W. Bush is not tolerated, whereas liberal Democrats can talk about God as much as they want, even for explicitly partisan purposes. The double standard is quite sad and unfair. This is America, and politicians on both sides ought to be able to freely exercise their faiths — without attack.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/kengor200409070843.asp

Where in that information is the evidence of liberal outrage when a Republican speaks at Bob Jones or Liberty University?

I notice you have no problem with Bill preaching form the pulpit

Here is a post on Bob Jones.

John McCain's Next Stop ... Bob Jones University?
Submitted by Mike Gehrke on March 28, 2006 - 11:24am.
Via Hotline's Wake Up Call, John McCain will be speaking at Liberty University.

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) will be the graduation speaker at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University (Lynchburg News & Advance).

The irony has not been lost:

McCain's visit to the LU campus is, at the very least, an attempt to make peace with conservative Christians prior to the presidential campaign.

While running against then- Gov. George W. Bush in the South Carolina and Virginia primaries in 2000, McCain denounced Falwell and Virginia Beach televangelist Pat Robertson in what was seen as a move to lure more moderate voters to his campaign.

"Neither party should be defined by pandering to the outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance, whether they be Louis Farrakhan or Al Sharpton on the left or Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell on the right," McCain said at the time.

Falwell seems to have forgiven him, if not for the usual Christian reasons:

Falwell said McCain could very well be the Republican Party's best hope in 2008, particularly if Democrats nominate U.S. senator and former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York.

"We weren't opposed to John McCain in 2000," Falwell said. "We were more supporters of George Bush. But I'm not going to be endorsing anyone until after November's election."�

And E.J. Dionne noticed McCain's latest flip-flop

McCain has decided the only way he'll ever be president is as the Republican nominee. So today he cares very much about what hurts him or helps him in his own party.

The most flagrant sign of this was his February vote to continue Bush's dividend and capital gains tax cuts, which he once eloquently opposed. "It's a big flip-flop," one-time McCain foe Grover Norquist, president of Americans for Tax Reform, told The Washington Times' Donald Lambro, "but I'm happy that he's flopped."

Those of us who defended McCain in the days when the likes of Norquist were attacking him do see the Arizona Republican's new position as a major flop. But so what? Norquist has more power in Republican primaries than McCain's old base among pundits and reporters. Whenever a liberal turns on McCain these days, the senator's supporters gleefully e-mail the criticism to conservative activists as a sign of their man's true faith.

I notice you still have produced no evidence of liberal outrage concerning Separation of Church and State when a Republican spoke at Bob Jones or Liberty University...

The point is, libs can speak at any religious outlet and nothing is said

Conservatives speak at any religious outlet and libs start to foam at the mouth

The point is, libs can speak at any religious outlet and nothing is said

Conservatives speak at any religious outlet and libs start to foam at the mouth

You still have not produced any examples of liberal outrage, concerning violations of Separation of Church and State, when a Republican spoke at Bob Jones or Liberty University or a Church...

You still have not produced any examples of liberal outrage, concerning violations of Separation of Church and State, when a Republican spoke at Bob Jones or Liberty University or a Church...

After al the evidence I have posted the only way to answer your talking points is to quote the Proverbs

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge

Translation - do not watse your time arguing with an idiot

Forum List

Back