Where Did Saddam's Old Army Go?

This was long before ISIS. Many joined insurgent militias and jihadists to support themselves and their families. Even more with W's boy Maliki and after Booosh's world economic meltdown. Great job, Pubbies!
Obama ended a successful war in Iraq, he screwed it up.

No he cut and run and allowed the current situation to come about.

It was all to appease the fringe base of 2% that controls the DNC..

Who Disbanded the Iraqi Army?

And why was nobody held accountable?

The dispute concerns what many regard as the Bush administration's single biggest mistake in the first few months after Saddam Hussein's ouster—the order, in May 2003, to disband the Iraqi army.

It was a move that put 250,000 young Iraqi men out of a job, out on the streets, angry, and armed—and all but guaranteed the violent chaos to come.

Who disbanded the Iraqi army?

Bush/Cheney disbanded them after the invasion, sending them home with no jobs, and no hope to support their families.

Recently, Bush was asked why they did that.

His answer? "I don't remember".

Thanks, wingnuts.

And the far left propaganda continues..
In Wingnut World, the truth is propaganda.

Yes this from a programmed far left Obama drone..

The irony of the comments from these far left drones.

On the issue of disbanding the Saddam Hussein-era Iraqi army, Bremer insisted that “there was no army to disband”.
Bullshit.

The interviews show that while Mr. Bush endorsed Mr. Bremer’s plan in the May 22 meeting, the decision was made without thorough consultations within government, and without the counsel of the secretary of state or the senior American commander in Iraq, said the commander, Lt. Gen. David D. McKiernan.

The presentation also carried a caution about the risks of dismissing the army in the early months of an American occupation in a nation racked by high unemployment: “Cannot immediately demobilize 250K-300K personnel and put on the street.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/17/world/middleeast/17bremer.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

When I posted links showing they joined Isis, USMB Republicans called me stupid.

So where did Saddam's old army go?
Many of them became insurgents. This is why I have said many times since 2003 that Bush's decision to demobilize the Iraqi Army will go down in history as one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

And the far left hack shows his true colors as it is based on far left programming.
Dispute it or shut up.

So in other words the old far left prove me wrong tactic..

Can not prove a negative however it has been prove many times over and over on this board and the far left drones will still cite propaganda over facts..

Want to see it again?

On the issue of disbanding the Saddam Hussein-era Iraqi army, Bremer insisted that “there was no army to disband”.
Link?

So libs,what would you have done with the iraq military?
Probably what the commanders on the ground advised, and what was the original plan:

one that would have relied on the Iraqi military to help secure and rebuild the country, and had been approved at a White House meeting that Mr. Bush convened just 10 weeks earlier.

When Mr. Bush convened his top national security aides before the March 2003 invasion, he was presented with a clear American plan on what to do with the Iraqi armed forces. American commanders and Jay Garner, the retired lieutenant general who served as the first American administrator in Iraq, planned to use the Iraqi military to help protect the country and as a national reconstruction force.

The plan was outlined in a PowerPoint presentation that Douglas J. Feith, a senior aide to Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, gave at a National Security Council meeting that Mr. Bush convened on March 12, eight days before the invasion began. Republican Guard units, the forces deemed most loyal to Mr. Hussein, were to be disarmed, detained and dismantled.

But the rest of the army would be retained. Three to five of the divisions would be used to form the “nucleus” of a new Iraqi Army, according to a copy of the PowerPoint slide, which was obtained by The New York Times. Other Iraqi troops would be used as a reconstruction force to rebuild the nation.

Probably what the commanders on the ground advised, and what was the original plan:

one that would have relied on the Iraqi military to help secure and rebuild the country, and had been approved at a White House meeting that Mr. Bush convened just 10 weeks earlier.

When Mr. Bush convened his top national security aides before the March 2003 invasion, he was presented with a clear American plan on what to do with the Iraqi armed forces. American commanders and Jay Garner, the retired lieutenant general who served as the first American administrator in Iraq, planned to use the Iraqi military to help protect the country and as a national reconstruction force.

The plan was outlined in a PowerPoint presentation that Douglas J. Feith, a senior aide to Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld, gave at a National Security Council meeting that Mr. Bush convened on March 12, eight days before the invasion began. Republican Guard units, the forces deemed most loyal to Mr. Hussein, were to be disarmed, detained and dismantled.

But the rest of the army would be retained. Three to five of the divisions would be used to form the “nucleus” of a new Iraqi Army, according to a copy of the PowerPoint slide, which was obtained by The New York Times. Other Iraqi troops would be used as a reconstruction force to rebuild the nation.

If they were going to use them as public works labor I'd be fine with it.
Not sure I'd want to arm a bunch Iraqis who I'd just been shooting at a few weeks ago and turn em loose among our troops. But thats just me...

Not sure I'd want to arm a bunch Iraqis who I'd just been shooting at a few weeks ago and turn em loose among our troops. But thats just me...
Well, the important thing to take away from it is that the Bush administration was filled with a bunch of dumbasses. From the top on down.

Well, the important thing to take away from it is that the Bush administration was filled with a bunch of dumbasses. From the top on down.

And the worst part....? obama makes george look like a genius.

Only to you idiots and droolers.

This coming from someone who admires joe biden.

When I posted links showing they joined Isis, USMB Republicans called me stupid.

So where did Saddam's old army go?
Many of them became insurgents. This is why I have said many times since 2003 that Bush's decision to demobilize the Iraqi Army will go down in history as one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

And the far left hack shows his true colors as it is based on far left programming.
Dispute it or shut up.

So in other words the old far left prove me wrong tactic..

Can not prove a negative however it has been prove many times over and over on this board and the far left drones will still cite propaganda over facts..

Want to see it again?

My link goes over this in great detail. Bremner was lying. You're done here.

Bush/Cheney disbanded them after the invasion, sending them home with no jobs, and no hope to support their families.

Recently, Bush was asked why they did that.

His answer? "I don't remember".

Thanks, wingnuts.
Biggest one mistake of the Iraqi war. Bush sent 250,000 trained solders home with no pay and no jobs, Some eventually made it back into the army a few years later. However, many were embittered. Some turned to crime and terrorist activities while others eventually found work.

What's not to admire about Joe Biden?

And yes, I realize that you would rather be lied to, and scammed with platitudes about how you, as an American, are just the bestest ever. Wingnuts eat that shit up.

What's not to admire about Joe Biden?

And yes, I realize that you would rather be lied to, and scammed with platitudes about how you, as an American, are just the bestest ever. Wingnuts eat that shit up.

If you admire joe biden I'm not going to waste my time with you.
Like playing chess with a chicken...

Forum List

Back