Where are those "outraged" about entertainer O'Reilly's exaggerations?

What in the fuck is this thread about?

:dunno:
It is about the Left ignoring the lying son of a bitch the lying son of a bitch appointed to head the VA, and his lies about being a member of Special Forces.

But, you knew that.

Nope. Never heard of him. Is his name O'Reilly? Because that's what's in the title.
You wanna keep it a secret, that's fine. I'm sure whatever it is is fascinating.

VA sec'y apologizes for inflating military record...

Lied about serving in special forces...

Okaaaay.... so what's this got to do with "O'Reilly"?
It has to do with phony outrage over exaggerations by an entertainer versus virtual silence of the lying son of a bitch VA Head Robert McDonald, who stole the valor of those he is to protect and serve.

It`s about Obama making the mistake of appointing a Life Long Republican to an important post. McDonald was a Romney supporter and has donated to John Boehner and Ohio Senator Portman. Shame on Obama for trusting a lying teabagger.
I don't care what party the lying son of a bitch was in, or who he worked for.

I want to know what the lying son of a bitch that appointed him is going to do about it.

Ah, THAT'S what this thread is really about.

Wood quoted retired Army Col. Gary Bloomberg, a former Special Forces commander, calling McDonald’s claim “a boneheaded statement.” But Bloomberg said he and other former special ops officers did not consider it as egregious as some other misrepresentations.

“No one got really crazy about the whole thing, compared to some of what we’ve seen,” he told the Huffington Post. “It’s a lot different from guys running around faking their special forces credentials. … I can see [other former special forces soldiers] going, ‘Hey, check out this boneheaded remark,’ but I don’t see the gravitas that I would with a guy wearing medals he didn’t earn.’”

VA Secretary Robert McDonald apologizes for misstating military record - The Washington Post

Hardly the end of the world, don't you think?

It`s about Obama making the mistake of appointing a Life Long Republican to an important post. McDonald was a Romney supporter and has donated to John Boehner and Ohio Senator Portman. Shame on Obama for trusting a lying teabagger.

It's Obama's fault for appointing him, not McDonald's fault for lying.

O'Reilly was completely vindicated. Surely liberals aren't going to continue to cling to a fake story now.
Will Left vindicate the lyin' Obama appointee and his "stolen valor"?

slightly different...one....he graduated from Ranger school and has the tab, though he didn't serve with the Rangers, 2) at this point he was just talking to a homeless guy, he didn't pad his resume or do anything official with that claim

So not quite the same thing.....

I want to know what the lying son of a bitch that appointed him is going to do about it.

Wood quoted retired Army Col. Gary Bloomberg, a former Special Forces commander, calling McDonald’s claim “a boneheaded statement.” But Bloomberg said he and other former special ops officers did not consider it as egregious as some other misrepresentations.

“No one got really crazy about the whole thing, compared to some of what we’ve seen,” he told the Huffington Post. “It’s a lot different from guys running around faking their special forces credentials. … I can see [other former special forces soldiers] going, ‘Hey, check out this boneheaded remark,’ but I don’t see the gravitas that I would with a guy wearing medals he didn’t earn.’”

VA Secretary Robert McDonald apologizes for misstating military record - The Washington Post

But Bill O'Reilly is???

Of course, we should expect no integrity in DC, I get it now.

It is about the Left ignoring the lying son of a bitch the lying son of a bitch appointed to head the VA, and his lies about being a member of Special Forces.

But, you knew that.

Nope. Never heard of him. Is his name O'Reilly? Because that's what's in the title.
You wanna keep it a secret, that's fine. I'm sure whatever it is is fascinating.

It has to do with phony outrage over exaggerations by an entertainer versus virtual silence of the lying son of a bitch VA Head Robert McDonald, who stole the valor of those he is to protect and serve.

He is a West Point Graduate, served in the 82nd airborne and does have the Ranger tab......and he was talking to a homeless guy.....he didn't use the "Special Forces" statement to advance his career or pad his resume......

But Bill O'Reilly is???

No offence Hoss, but I have no clue how O'Reilly ties in to all of this, you failed to explain it in the OP.

But Bill O'Reilly is???

No offence Hoss, but I have no clue how O'Reilly ties in to all of this, you failed to explain it in the OP.
Two fuckin' pop culture liars, Lyin' Brian and Bill O'Really get crucified(rightfully even) and the fuckin' Head of the VA gets a pass?

I see, vets are just shit anyway.

Two fuckin' pop culture liars, Lyin' Brian and Bill O'Really get crucified(rightfully even) and the fuckin' Head of the VA gets a pass?

Doowd, calm down. No one is saying that vets don't matter, but this does not really seem like the end of the world.

It sounds like yet another trumped up reason to hate Obama.

Doowd, calm down. No one is saying that vets don't matter, but this does not really seem like the end of the world.

It sounds like yet another trumped up reason to hate Obama.
No, it is pointing out the hypocrisy of the whole liar liar syndrome in this country.

But, you knew that.

He is a West Point Graduate, served in the 82nd airborne and does have the Ranger tab......and he was talking to a homeless guy.....he didn't use the "Special Forces" statement to advance his career or pad his resume......

His statement: In a statement provided by the VA, McDonald said: “While I was in Los Angeles, engaging a homeless individual to determine his veteran status, I asked the man where he had served in the military. He responded that he had served in special forces. I incorrectly stated that I had been in special forces. That was inaccurate and I apologize to anyone that was offended by my misstatement.”

He served in the 70's. ODS at work again.
Did Robert McDonald serve in Special Forces, as he claimed?

no.

Should he resign or be fired, yes.

Why? Is he doing a bad job?
O' Reilly and Brian Williams are/were doing good jobs too.

Entertainers should be held to a higher standard that a sitting VA Head?

I think not.

So he isn't doing a bad job. I frankly don't care about either O'Reilly or Williams, but if McDonald is doing a good job then why should he be fired or resign. Would that not, once again, leave the VA leaderless - to the detriment of veterans?

But Bill O'Reilly is???

So this about the vets? When the guy made the dumb statement, what was he doing?

Forum List

Back