Where are all the political signs ?

After Labor Day they'll sprout like weeds.
i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs. Is this a reflection of our souring attitude towards politics ? Have you guys noticed the same ?
No....this is the fear that lefties will take the sign, vandalize it or vandalize your home......they are becoming more and more violent as you can see how they act at Trump rallies....
The conspiracy theories, however, will continue to bloom into the winter.

Not a conspiracy theory.....chicago gangs take down the signs of political candidates who are opposing the gangs pet candidate.......and the violence is real too.....

Oh really? Tell us more about the Chicago gangs candidates! Do they have their own primaries ?!?

What's this years big issue ? Regulations on cutting cocaine ? Lol!

Here you go.....more on gangs and Chicago politicians...

• While they typically deny it, many public officials—mostly, but not limited to, aldermen, state legislators, and elected judges—routinely seek political support from influential street gangs. Meetings like the ones Baskin organized, for instance, are hardly an anomaly. Gangs can provide a decisive advantage at election time by performing the kinds of chores patronage armies once did.

• In some cases, the partnerships extend beyond the elections in troubling—and possibly criminal—ways, greased by the steady and largely secret flow of money from gang leaders to certain politicians and vice versa. The gangs funnel their largess through opaque businesses, or front companies, and through under-the-table payments. In turn, grateful politicians use their payrolls or campaign funds to hire gang members, pull strings for them to get jobs or contracts, or offer other favors (see “Gangs and Politicians: Prisoner Shuffle”).

• Most alarming, both law enforcement and gang sources say, is that some politicians ignore the gangs’ criminal activities. Some go so far as to protect gangs from the police, tipping them off to impending raids or to surveillance activities—in effect, creating safe havens in their political districts. And often they chafe at backing tough measures to stem gang activities, advocating instead for superficial solutions that may garner good press but have little impact.

Sorry....the extremists from both sides meme is false.......the only organized violence is coming from Hilary supporters.....they attacked more Trump supporters this weekend and even got within touching distance of the Trump motorcade......one of them tried to kill Trump and they shut down one of his rallies...they shot another Trump supporter who n the leg and beat another one with a crow bar......

The only real violence is from the democrat side....

Just like at the political rallies.

I think it's a combination of people being disgusted with both parties and these two candidates and a real fear of extremist nutjobs from both sides stealing the signs and even vandalizing their home simply because of the candidate they support.

I think it's the fact it's only August and people are just getting back from vacation not giving a crap about politics just yet.

i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs. Is this a reflection of our souring attitude towards politics ? Have you guys noticed the same ?
No....this is the fear that lefties will take the sign, vandalize it or vandalize your home......they are becoming more and more violent as you can see how they act at Trump rallies....

Not a conspiracy theory.....chicago gangs take down the signs of political candidates who are opposing the gangs pet candidate.......and the violence is real too.....

Oh really? Tell us more about the Chicago gangs candidates! Do they have their own primaries ?!?

• While they typically deny it, many public officials—mostly, but not limited to, aldermen, state legislators, and elected judges—routinely seek political support from influential street gangs. Meetings like the ones Baskin organized, for instance, are hardly an anomaly. Gangs can provide a decisive advantage at election time by performing the kinds of chores patronage armies once did.

• In some cases, the partnerships extend beyond the elections in troubling—and possibly criminal—ways, greased by the steady and largely secret flow of money from gang leaders to certain politicians and vice versa. The gangs funnel their largess through opaque businesses, or front companies, and through under-the-table payments. In turn, grateful politicians use their payrolls or campaign funds to hire gang members, pull strings for them to get jobs or contracts, or offer other favors (see “Gangs and Politicians: Prisoner Shuffle”).

• Most alarming, both law enforcement and gang sources say, is that some politicians ignore the gangs’ criminal activities. Some go so far as to protect gangs from the police, tipping them off to impending raids or to surveillance activities—in effect, creating safe havens in their political districts. And often they chafe at backing tough measures to stem gang activities, advocating instead for superficial solutions that may garner good press but have little impact.

Yeah the mob has been buying pols forever . You make it seem like they are out having voting drives .

i actually noticed a Trump / Pence sign today . It stuck out because I haven't see any. The more I thought, I haven't been seeing ANY signs .

Is this a reflection of our souring attitude towards politics ?

Have you guys noticed the same ?

A couple of weeks ago someone stuck a Trump Bumper Sticker on my car.
They did so without my permission ( I am voting for Trump), a few days later someone else took a blunt object to my rear window. I've never seen anything like this.

The only time I see Trump signs are on cars and hilarious looking motorcycles. I should start snapping pics of them when I see them, because they're always the shittiest looking cars or these ridiculous motorcycles that look like they belong to the mentally ill. I've yet to see a 'normal' looking vehicle display a Trump sticker, probably because all Trump supporters are loons.

Sometimes those bumper stickers are very helpful. My experience as a professional driver is that people with Obama stickers are real assholes. When I see a vehicle with one of those stickers, I use extra caution. In most cases, that caution turns out to be very helpful.

The only time I see Trump signs are on cars and hilarious looking motorcycles. I should start snapping pics of them when I see them, because they're always the shittiest looking cars or these ridiculous motorcycles that look like they belong to the mentally ill. I've yet to see a 'normal' looking vehicle display a Trump sticker, probably because all Trump supporters are loons.

Sometimes those bumper stickers are very helpful. My experience as a professional driver is that people with Obama stickers are real assholes. When I see a vehicle with one of those stickers, I use extra caution. In most cases, that caution turns out to be very helpful.

Professional driver = Truck driver or Uber driver?

I think it's a combination of people being disgusted with both parties and these two candidates and a real fear of extremist nutjobs from both sides stealing the signs and even vandalizing their home simply because of the candidate they support.

I think it's the fact it's only August and people are just getting back from vacation not giving a crap about politics just yet.
Very possible.

I can relate to the OP. I saw my first Trump / Pence sign today as turned into my neighborhood coming home. At a gas station 2 weeks ago there was a guy filling up his '64 or '65 Mustang who was wearing a Hillary 2016 tee-shirt. That's how it is here in beautiful Gilbert, Arizona.

Yeah the mob has been buying pols forever . You make it seem like they are out having voting drives .

Did you read the link.......that is one of the things the gangs help organize.......

Forum List

Back