"When you least expect it......

I agree that there are too many people.

We live on land. Land like the continental 48 has lakes, rivers, aquifers, ponds, groundwater etc. Every year the addition is the rain and snow. Every year the subtraction is plants, animals, birds, reptiles, insects consuming fresh water, what drains back into the oceans, and what humans consume. When humans consume more and more and more of that, it reaches a point where the "subtraction" exceeds the "addition" and then the entire water ecosystem starts to go down. Plants start going dry.

Fires are not about 2F of "warming" (that you and I can agree to disagree about)

Fires are about WATER. Wet plants do not burn. DRY PLANTS BURN. Never before in Hawaiian history had an entire island burned like Maui just did. Hawaii has not warmed at all and was not having a warm summer. What change in Hawaii in the past 130 years is a 15 fold increase in humans, and an even bigger increase in the human consumption of Maui's fresh water supply....

Hurricanes need "specific conditions" in order to form, not just warm ocean water.

But warm water is a REQUIREMENT, and the warmer the water, the more powerful the cane. It is a direct correlation, and wind shear etc. is just noise that doesn't change from decade to decade...

The reason Franklin fizzled and the 1938 remained a Cat 5 up past NJ is 100% about just the water temperature on the Atlantic Coast.

But warm water is a REQUIREMENT, and the warmer the water, the more powerful the cane. It is a direct correlation, and wind shear etc. is just noise that doesn't change from decade to decade...

The reason Franklin fizzled and the 1938 remained a Cat 5 up past NJ is 100% about just the water temperature on the Atlantic Coast.

We live on land. Land like the continental 48 has lakes, rivers, aquifers, ponds, groundwater etc. Every year the addition is the rain and snow. Every year the subtraction is plants, animals, birds, reptiles, insects consuming fresh water, what drains back into the oceans, and what humans consume. When humans consume more and more and more of that, it reaches a point where the "subtraction" exceeds the "addition" and then the entire water ecosystem starts to go down. Plants start going dry.

Fires are not about 2F of "warming" (that you and I can agree to disagree about)

Fires are about WATER. Wet plants do not burn. DRY PLANTS BURN. Never before in Hawaiian history had an entire island burned like Maui just did. Hawaii has not warmed at all and was not having a warm summer. What change in Hawaii in the past 130 years is a 15 fold increase in humans, and an even bigger increase in the human consumption of Maui's fresh water supply....
I think we're getting just as much rainfall as ever, however some areas get too much, others too little. We need widespread gentle rains in due season.

I think we're getting just as much rainfall as ever, however some areas get too much, others too little. We need widespread gentle rains in due season.

That is something called WEATHER.

Nashville had a big drought about 15 years ago, and cooked, had 17 days in August over 100F. The next summer, it rained a lot, and in July Nashville set its 200 year record low of 4 days in July that got to 90F, including one sunny day that did not get to 80F (an Arctic "blast"). Weather is weather. Climate and weather are different.

Forum List

Back