When You Are Missing The Ability To Learn....

....not only do you continue to vote Democrat, but you presage the end of this nobel experiment called America.
Irony alert. What institutions/norms did Trump advocate for damaging or outright break with the help of his moronic Following? Stifling freedom of the press. Questioning the legitimacy of elections. Ending the co-equal power of the three branches of government. Ending the right of Congress to investigate abuses by the executive branch. Misappropriating funds for personal crusades like funding the ineffectual wall. Pathological lying to the American people. Ending daily briefings from the WH, etc., etc.

No, it is YOU who represent what is wrong with this country. What professionally educated person, claiming to have graduated summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA, and then goes on to earn an MBA, actually BRAGS that he did “the absolute minimum” so his kids would qualify for welfare?

Also, for such an educated person, you write with grammatical errors I’ve always seen among poor, uneducated people:

1) You don‘t say “you could not have possibly WENT to Columbia.” It is “you could not have possibly GONE to Columbia.”

2) You do not say “I am PASSED feeling sorry for you.” It is “I am PAST feeling sorry for you.

Finally, a summa cum laude graduate with a 4.0 does not think that Phi Beta Kappa - when the name is thrown at him - is a girls’ sorority.

Your story rings false.
I beg to differ, you and PC are what is wrong with this country. You represent the very reason America is more divided now than at any time since the Civil War. Yes, I graduated Summa Cum Laude and damn skippy, I used every available resource to provide for my children and raise them in the best environment possible. And yes, I climbed that steep ladder of punishing marginal tax rates in order to eliminate that dependence of government programs.

Concerning the former, I did what you and every other Republican believes corporations should do. Would you expect them to turn down a tax credit, ignore an incentive, or pass up the opportunity for a subsidized loan if it could improve their profits or lower their expenses? It is just part of them "maximizing shareholder value". How is raising a family different?

In the case of the later, I did what you and every other Republican believe no corporation or wealthy individual would do. I worked, and was taxed on my earnings, by more than seventy percent.

But in the end, it doesn't make two shits what you believe, the proof is in the pudding. I entered this thread because PC posted that same old tired Cardillo treat from last August. I destroyed it the first time she posted it but will go over it quickly again.

Highest crime rate in decades--Ain't that some shit. I mean Biden shows up and in seven months the crime rate turns south. How could it possibly be his fault? I mean how much of the "crime" was caused by Trump's call for insurrection or his division of this nation during his term? How much of it was caused by an economy wrecked by his incompetence in handling Covid?

Afghanistan taken by the Taliban. Afghanistan was not "taken" by the Taliban, it was "given" to them by Trump, who negotiated with them while leaving out the Afghan government.

Crippling debt and inflation. The debt, Biden ain't hit it for shit compared to the amount of money Trump borrowed. And the cost of servicing that debt today is damn near negative. In fact, with that inflation number, it IS negative. But go to inflation, Biden ushered in new confidence and people started letting go of the money they horded during the height of the pandemic. Money Trump was handing out, not Biden. And then there are the tariffs, a hidden tax that easily eclipsed the puny tax savings most Americans got.

DOJ weaponized, CDC discredited--are you flippin kidding me. Trump did his best to discredit the CDC, he laid the foundation. And his DOJ, I mean come on, were you not paying attention?

Border crisis--what the hell, Trump had four years to solve that problem. How come we are still dealing with it? What happened to his "beautiful wall"? Besides, open borders, remember. You ran away from my discussion on that, and yeah, it was Karl Marx that was opposed to open borders, not Mises, or Mill, or Smith. They all supported the idea.

No longer energy independent. What horseshit. We never were. And if you run the numbers to make that claim, showing we export more energy than we import, then those numbers have only improved. With LNG imports breaking records we are more energy independent today that at any time during Trump's presidency.

I mean I hear the hollering. Biden has caused inflation. Biden this, Biden that. But when I ask for examples, when I ask how he did it, I get nothing but crickets. Well, except for the fact that Biden stopped issuing permits for drilling on public land, which ignores the reality that that action was overturned by the courts and the Biden administration have been on a tear issuing permits since then. The two of you would much rather talk about me, which is flattering, but it means nothing in the greater scheme of things.

A good example of the lack of intelligence is PC's use of the Blacker case. She wants to make the claim that only the legislature can set election timelines, and that is correct. However, the judiciary branch has the final say. But she wants to use the Blacker case to claim that the courts cannot change the actions set forth by the legislature. She uses that case because in that case the court did refuse to make changes. But right there in the rulings they clearly stated that they COULD. What happens after being shown, she ignores it, proclaims victory. The real problem here, no one knows how to debate. They don't come here to learn, they come here for their confirmation bias fix.

I beg to differ, you and PC are what is wrong with this country. You represent the very reason America is more divided now than at any time since the Civil War. Yes, I graduated Summa Cum Laude and damn skippy, I used every available resource to provide for my children and raise them in the best environment possible. And yes, I climbed that steep ladder of punishing marginal tax rates in order to eliminate that dependence of government programs.

Concerning the former, I did what you and every other Republican believes corporations should do. Would you expect them to turn down a tax credit, ignore an incentive, or pass up the opportunity for a subsidized loan if it could improve their profits or lower their expenses? It is just part of them "maximizing shareholder value". How is raising a family different?

In the case of the later, I did what you and every other Republican believe no corporation or wealthy individual would do. I worked, and was taxed on my earnings, by more than seventy percent.

But in the end, it doesn't make two shits what you believe, the proof is in the pudding. I entered this thread because PC posted that same old tired Cardillo treat from last August. I destroyed it the first time she posted it but will go over it quickly again.

Highest crime rate in decades--Ain't that some shit. I mean Biden shows up and in seven months the crime rate turns south. How could it possibly be his fault? I mean how much of the "crime" was caused by Trump's call for insurrection or his division of this nation during his term? How much of it was caused by an economy wrecked by his incompetence in handling Covid?

Afghanistan taken by the Taliban. Afghanistan was not "taken" by the Taliban, it was "given" to them by Trump, who negotiated with them while leaving out the Afghan government.

Crippling debt and inflation. The debt, Biden ain't hit it for shit compared to the amount of money Trump borrowed. And the cost of servicing that debt today is damn near negative. In fact, with that inflation number, it IS negative. But go to inflation, Biden ushered in new confidence and people started letting go of the money they horded during the height of the pandemic. Money Trump was handing out, not Biden. And then there are the tariffs, a hidden tax that easily eclipsed the puny tax savings most Americans got.

DOJ weaponized, CDC discredited--are you flippin kidding me. Trump did his best to discredit the CDC, he laid the foundation. And his DOJ, I mean come on, were you not paying attention?

Border crisis--what the hell, Trump had four years to solve that problem. How come we are still dealing with it? What happened to his "beautiful wall"? Besides, open borders, remember. You ran away from my discussion on that, and yeah, it was Karl Marx that was opposed to open borders, not Mises, or Mill, or Smith. They all supported the idea.

No longer energy independent. What horseshit. We never were. And if you run the numbers to make that claim, showing we export more energy than we import, then those numbers have only improved. With LNG imports breaking records we are more energy independent today that at any time during Trump's presidency.

I mean I hear the hollering. Biden has caused inflation. Biden this, Biden that. But when I ask for examples, when I ask how he did it, I get nothing but crickets. Well, except for the fact that Biden stopped issuing permits for drilling on public land, which ignores the reality that that action was overturned by the courts and the Biden administration have been on a tear issuing permits since then. The two of you would much rather talk about me, which is flattering, but it means nothing in the greater scheme of things.

A good example of the lack of intelligence is PC's use of the Blacker case. She wants to make the claim that only the legislature can set election timelines, and that is correct. However, the judiciary branch has the final say. But she wants to use the Blacker case to claim that the courts cannot change the actions set forth by the legislature. She uses that case because in that case the court did refuse to make changes. But right there in the rulings they clearly stated that they COULD. What happens after being shown, she ignores it, proclaims victory. The real problem here, no one knows how to debate. They don't come here to learn, they come here for their confirmation bias fix.
TLDR.

Nothing you say matters after you admitted that even after earning an MBS, you “did as little as possible” so your kids could qualify for welfare.

TLDR.

Nothing you say matters after you admitted that even after earning an MBS, you “did as little as possible” so your kids could qualify for welfare.
When then, you probably won't read this.

I went back for my MBA after I was divorced from my first wife. Had a sweet little gig. Private room in the recently remolded Old East, flush with my 401K that I cashed in. I was looking for a fresh start and didn't fight for custody of my two daughters. Halfway through things changed. When I graduated I was a single father with three daughters, the oldest 6, the youngest 1. You figure out how that happened.

Working ninety hours a week was not really an option. I looked into a nanny or au pair. Neither really appropriate for a single father. So I started my own firm, worked when I could. A few years later I met my current wife, she was a huge help, and we had three sons together. The thing is, parenting is a team exercise. The biological growth of humans dictates a two parent dichotomy. And not one stay home and the other work all the time. I mean I will be honest, when the kids were young I might have worked ten hours a week. But the way I saw it, I had one primary job, raising those children, and that was the path that I had chosen.

I mean I had my doubts. We never had much, other than badass computers and high-speed internet. I considered that the great equalizer, but it wasn't. They didn't get to experience many of the things children from wealthy families had experienced. But, in retrospect, the good certainly outweighed the bad. The youngest daughter has MS, a whole other dimension to my circumstance. But the other five are all very successful and highly productive members of society. Most importantly, they are thick as thieves, constantly communicating with each other despite living in different places. And when I need something done, when I need a little help, or my parents, well Dad says I just call in the Army, and they come running.

In the end, we are judged, not by what we take from this earth, but what we leave it with. I will leave an Army behind.

When then, you probably won't read this.

I went back for my MBA after I was divorced from my first wife. Had a sweet little gig. Private room in the recently remolded Old East, flush with my 401K that I cashed in. I was looking for a fresh start and didn't fight for custody of my two daughters. Halfway through things changed. When I graduated I was a single father with three daughters, the oldest 6, the youngest 1. You figure out how that happened.

Working ninety hours a week was not really an option. I looked into a nanny or au pair. Neither really appropriate for a single father. So I started my own firm, worked when I could. A few years later I met my current wife, she was a huge help, and we had three sons together. The thing is, parenting is a team exercise. The biological growth of humans dictates a two parent dichotomy. And not one stay home and the other work all the time. I mean I will be honest, when the kids were young I might have worked ten hours a week. But the way I saw it, I had one primary job, raising those children, and that was the path that I had chosen.

I mean I had my doubts. We never had much, other than badass computers and high-speed internet. I considered that the great equalizer, but it wasn't. They didn't get to experience many of the things children from wealthy families had experienced. But, in retrospect, the good certainly outweighed the bad. The youngest daughter has MS, a whole other dimension to my circumstance. But the other five are all very successful and highly productive members of society. Most importantly, they are thick as thieves, constantly communicating with each other despite living in different places. And when I need something done, when I need a little help, or my parents, well Dad says I just call in the Army, and they come running.

In the end, we are judged, not by what we take from this earth, but what we leave it with. I will leave an Army behind.
Wow…..you are a narcissist, aren’t you? I just told you I’m not reading your long, defensive stories about your life and history, and yet….boom….out with another novella.

Nothing you say can overcome the fact that you thought it acceptable for a father with a professional degree to refuse to work so his children could get welfare. If you weren’t a narcissist who can do no wrong, in your own mind, you would see how shameful that is.

Forum List

Back