When a politician sez "I take responsibility"

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Gov Chris Christy said "I take responsibility" but he spent two hours trying to convince a skeptical media that he was not responsible for whatever it was that whipped the liberal media into a frenzy. As a matter of fact he fired the person who was responsible. At least republicans try to do the right thing by getting rid of the people who are responsible. Democrats don't bother because they don't have to. Remember Janet Reno? She said "I take responsibility for the debacle of Waco" and then she spent her entire time in front of the congressional committee holding the victims responsible. Bill Clinton disappeared right after Waco and when the media seemed satisfied that Reno took responsibility he came out from under the desk with Monica also took responsibility. Hillary Clinton took responsibility for Benghazi and spent her entire time before a congressional committee evading responsibility. I think Barry Hussein said "I take the responsibility" a couple of times and he didn't even think enough about what he said to hold anybody else responsible. What does it mean when a politician says "I take responsibility"? Translated it means "I want you to think I am an honorable person. It's a lie but now you don't have to hold me responsible".

Gov Chris Christy said "I take responsibility" but he spent two hours trying to convince a skeptical media that he was not responsible for whatever it was that whipped the liberal media into a frenzy. As a matter of fact he fired the person who was responsible. At least republicans try to do the right thing by getting rid of the people who are responsible. Democrats don't bother because they don't have to. Remember Janet Reno? She said "I take responsibility for the debacle of Waco" and then she spent her entire time in front of the congressional committee holding the victims responsible. Bill Clinton disappeared right after Waco and when the media seemed satisfied that Reno took responsibility he came out from under the desk with Monica also took responsibility. Hillary Clinton took responsibility for Benghazi and spent her entire time before a congressional committee evading responsibility. I think Barry Hussein said "I take the responsibility" a couple of times and he didn't even think enough about what he said to hold anybody else responsible. What does it mean when a politician says "I take responsibility"? Translated it means "I want you to think I am an honorable person. It's a lie but now you don't have to hold me responsible".

You mean it was like when Sibelius took responsibility for the miserable failure of the healthcare.gov website?

Nazis may not have pulled the trigger but when the Nuremburg judges found them responsible for atrocities they were hanged. That's responsibility. Harry Truman coined the phrase "the buck stops here" but he didn't mean it. Truman was "all hat and no cattle" as they say in Texas and he was a timid ignorant little bean counter that the fawning media puffed up.

Forum List

Back