What's Up With All This 'Squatters' Rights' Garbage & Problems Getting Them Out Of Homes / Off Property?!

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
From everything I have read this is more liberal f*ing up the Justice System, putting criminals ahead of law-abiding citizens.

1. The last parent of a son dies and leaves tbe son her home and property. The goes to the home almost a year later, and the neighbor had built a huge pig pen on a large piece of his (his deceased parent's) property. The man tells the neighbor to get off his property. The neighbor says no. The Court says, 'YOU WEREN'T USING IT - SORRY.'

WTF?

The rightful owner has the deed. Its his property.

2. A woman goes to visit the house her father left her when he died. He had been in the hospital and living several months in a rehab center. The woman finds cars in the driveway and 5 criminals living in her / her dad's home . They had moved in because it was empty.

Despite the fact tbat they are thieves, trespassers, the cops won't put them out & the court sysyem has dragged on for months costing the woman thousands of dollars. She said she is considering GIVING UP HER FATHER'S HOME, stop paying on it, and let the bank take it - and let them deal with this.

Again, WTF?!

Now THIS CASE:

'Darthula Young received an alarming phone call from a neighbor that there was a shooting outside her home and when she rushed to the scene, she found her locks had been changed and a bullet had pierced the window.

The residence that she inherited from her late mother was being occupied by a well-known local ex-convict, Takito Murray, and there was nothing Young could do about it. Under Chicago eviction laws, it could take eight months to kick squatters out.'

This shit, these laws, don't make sense. Only a f*ed up LIBERAL / DEMOCRAT could come up with shit like this.

Why is such THEFT like this of HOUSES only protected?

'Yeah, I stole your car but you weren't using it while you were gone on business for a few months... Sucks to be you.'

-- Would it apply if tbe people who stole your car were LIVING IN IT?!

SINCE WHEN DOES THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM AID AND ABET IN THE THEFT OF PEOPLE'S HOMES / PROPERTY ... by well-known ex-convict like in that 3rd instance?!

Last edited:
Well Easy
while i do appreciate your thread, i am a tradesman and pig farmer
and while it's my favorite 'retirement delusion' , i must admit nothing pisses of the neighbors than smelling 3 dz of 'em.......~S~

ps~anyone got decent pork recipes..?

A bunch of homeless bums broke into an RV storage park and broke into some of the motorhomes and trailers and moved themselves in... Phoenix PD said they couldn't remove them... the owners went there to try and make them leave and the cops protected the bums... so if anyone can justify and explain this madness I'd like to hear it....

Well Easy
while i do appreciate your thread, i am a tradesman and pig farmer
and while it's my favorite 'retirement delusion' , i must admit nothing pisses of the neighbors than smelling 3 dz of 'em.......~S~

ps~anyone got decent pork recipes..?

If you live next to me (or vice versa) and you raise pigs ... and you stay on your own land ... I have no problem with it. Go for it & God bless.

This isn't new but it is increasing & it's a nightmare once the cops & law is called in.
They all the sudden have fake rights that don't exist except in some delusional interpretation of renters rights.

My advice is get rid of them without involving the law.
A gunshot through the roof is much easier to fix than the mess the courts will make

A bunch of homeless bums broke into an RV storage park and broke into some of the motorhomes and trailers and moved themselves in... Phoenix PD said they couldn't remove them... the owners went there to try and make them leave and the cops protected the bums... so if anyone can justify and explain this madness I'd like to hear it....

Taking a little of JohnGalt's advice above, if it was my RV I would bring a couple of armed (CCP) buddies, climb aboard, tell anyone who doesn't want to go to Canada to GTFO, start 'er up, and start driving.

:auiqs.jpg:

These so-called FAKE judges and lawyers expect you dont know the laws. And they would be correct.

Squatters' rights are more of a homestead right. In other words, if there is an abandoned property or open piece of unclaimed/unused or taken care of land.........someone can take up residence there.

Now here's the kickers most people have no clue about............

1. Depending on the state, you MUST reside from 5-20 years on said property BEFORE being legally in the right to claim it yours.
2. You HAVE to show the receipts and money spent taking care of the property and upgrading it during that time.
3. You HAVE to have acknowledged your presence to the world that you now reside and are sole caretaker of said property (much like people having to declare divorce in the newspaper.........or used to)
4. You HAVE to have your mail delivered to said property, and cannot have it delivered to any other address during this time period.
5. Any surrounding neighbors must stipulate they have never seen anyone else, manage or live on the property.
6. YOU HAVE to pay ALL of the yearly taxes and fees on said property.

AFTER the states time period has passed for a squatter to become owner, they have to submit their claims to the city and state.
Once everything has been authorized, and you have physically received the title to the property.........only THEN can you be the REAL owner of said property.

Until then..........you CAN have them removed, sued, put in jail, or shoot them for tresspassing/stealing/damaging property.

In the case of a neighbor stealing property, they can be sued for all the taxes and land rights they've used. Effectively you are forcing them to buy that piece of land they stole.

It's real, they will watch the obituaries and if they don't see any sign of occupancy they will move right in.

I've already made plans to move someone into my mom's home when she passes till it's sold.

Then there are the copper thieves that do the same thing.

My advice is not to even post a obituary till you have your ducks in a row around security.

From everything I have read this is more liberal f*ing up the Justice System, putting criminals ahead of law-abiding citizens.

1. The last parent of a son dies and leaves tbe son her home and property. The goes to the home almost a year later, and the neighbor had built a huge pig pen on a large piece of his (his deceased parent's) property. The man tells the neighbor to get off his property. The neighbor says no. The Court says, 'YOU WEREN'T USING IT - SORRY.'

WTF?

The rightful owner has the deed. Its his property.

2. A woman goes to visit the house her father left her when he died. He had been in the hospital and living several months in a rehab center. The woman finds cars in the driveway and 5 criminals living in her / her dad's home . They had moved in because it was empty.

Despite the fact tbat they are thieves, trespassers, the cops won't put them out & the court sysyem has dragged on for months costing the woman thousands of dollars. She said she is considering GIVING UP HER FATHER'S HOME, stop paying on it, and let the bank take it - and let them deal with this.

Again, WTF?!

Now THIS CASE:

'Darthula Young received an alarming phone call from a neighbor that there was a shooting outside her home and when she rushed to the scene, she found her locks had been changed and a bullet had pierced the window.

The residence that she inherited from her late mother was being occupied by a well-known local ex-convict, Takito Murray, and there was nothing Young could do about it. Under Chicago eviction laws, it could take eight months to kick squatters out.'

This shit, these laws, don't make sense. Only a f*ed up LIBERAL / DEMOCRAT could come up with shit like this.

Why is such THEFT like this of HOUSES only protected?

'Yeah, I stole your car but you weren't using it while you were gone on business for a few months... Sucks to be you.'

-- Would it apply if tbe people who stole your car were LIVING IN IT?!

SINCE WHEN DOES THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM AID AND ABET IN THE THEFT OF PEOPLE'S HOMES / PROPERTY ... by well-known ex-convict like in that 3rd instance?!

Like the people responding to the article said, have the utilities cut off. Without water or electricity, they will move.

These so-called FAKE judges and lawyers expect you dont know the laws. And they would be correct.

Squatters' rights are more of a homestead right. In other words, if there is an abandoned property or open piece of unclaimed/unused or taken care of land.........someone can take up residence there.

Now here's the kickers most people have no clue about............

1. Depending on the state, you MUST reside from 5-20 years on said property BEFORE being legally in the right to claim it yours.
2. You HAVE to show the receipts and money spent taking care of the property and upgrading it during that time.
3. You HAVE to have acknowledged your presence to the world that you now reside and are sole caretaker of said property (much like people having to declare divorce in the newspaper.........or used to)
4. You HAVE to have your mail delivered to said property, and cannot have it delivered to any other address during this time period.
5. Any surrounding neighbors must stipulate they have never seen anyone else, manage or live on the property.
6. YOU HAVE to pay ALL of the yearly taxes and fees on said property.

AFTER the states time period has passed for a squatter to become owner, they have to submit their claims to the city and state.
Once everything has been authorized, and you have physically received the title to the property.........only THEN can you be the REAL owner of said property.

Until then..........you CAN have them removed, sued, put in jail, or shoot them for tresspassing/stealing/damaging property.

In the case of a neighbor stealing property, they can be sued for all the taxes and land rights they've used. Effectively you are forcing them to buy that piece of land they stole.

A military buddy of mine bought several acres in Montanna 10 years ago to settle on when he retires.

So you're telling me anyone could have pitched tents / built a shed on that land while we were off fighting for our country
And STOLEN that land without ever paying for it?!

That's just WRONG / F*ED UP!

Like the people responding to the article said, have the utilities cut off. Without water or electricity, they will move.
I still prefer the thieves / trespassers be arrested, but whatever works at this point.

A military buddy of mine bought several acres in Montanna 10 years ago to settle on when he retires.

So you're telling me anyone could have pitched tents / built a shed on that land while we were off fighting for our country
And STOLEN that land without ever paying for it?!

That's just WRONG / F*ED UP!

Unfortunately, yes.

The best way to avoid this is to fence off the area and pay someone to keep it looking like it's been mowed, cared for, or worked.

Of course it's the left that protect and coddle these "homeless" people, who the fuck else would it be?

Democrats make the poor / homeless then protect the squatters when they take other people's homes.

Bus the homeless to Dem poliliticians' vacation homes / 2nd and 3rd homes - let them squat THERE.

Forum List

Back