What's up with all this Flesh Eating Bacteria ?

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
When I was young, I remember swimming in all kinds of lakes, streams, creeks, ponds, oceans etc and never once worried about any "Flesh Eating" bacteria. I've been in some pretty disgusting water off the East Coast as a child. Stepped on oyters and got nasty cuts in water browner than root beer and sometimes with dead fish not far away. Never worried about open cuts when going in the water. Actually, I always thought the salt would clean them.

Now it seems you can't go in the water without some concern for it.

According to this story, 80,000 illnesses and 100 deaths are caused by this bacteria every year.

Do you ever remember worrying about this as a child (if you're over 40)? Was I just extremely lucky?

Or, is it just that news travels faster today and there are more people?

Or....are bacteria becoming more vicious and deadly?

Boy infected with flesh-eating bacteria during trip to Maryland beach, mom says

We spew garbage and pollution left and right non-stop. What do you expect? And what he said^^^^^^^.

My husband died of flesh eating bacteria and didn't come in contact with water. It's everywhere. It's in the air.

Antibiotic resistance is a leader. Shit hole countries have very bad habits of prescribing and selling antibiotics for everything under the sun.

When I was young, I remember swimming in all kinds of lakes, streams, creeks, ponds, oceans etc and never once worried about any "Flesh Eating" bacteria. I've been in some pretty disgusting water off the East Coast as a child. Stepped on oyters and got nasty cuts in water browner than root beer and sometimes with dead fish not far away. Never worried about open cuts when going in the water. Actually, I always thought the salt would clean them.

Now it seems you can't go in the water without some concern for it.

According to this story, 80,000 illnesses and 100 deaths are caused by this bacteria every year.

Do you ever remember worrying about this as a child (if you're over 40)? Was I just extremely lucky?

Or, is it just that news travels faster today and there are more people?

Or....are bacteria becoming more vicious and deadly?

I thought this was going to be about Hillary Clinton.

We spew garbage and pollution left and right non-stop. What do you expect? And what he said^^^^^^^.

So you would agree it's getting worse with time and that we're going to see an increasing number of infections and deaths?
No. Entirely wrong. We had way more deaths in the past. Death by infection was very common particularly blood infections.

The danger today is that disease is antibiotic resistant. There is no treatment for flesh eating bacteria. No antibiotic. Nothing but surgery. As we know that doesn't work.

tenor.gif

Forum List

Back