What's going on at the USPS

I sent a letter on Monday by overnight mail for a cost of $26.35 and it didn't arrive until today.
3 days for overnight mail!!!!!

Status
Out for Delivery
RED BANK, NJ 07701
Your item is out for delivery on August 13, 2020 at 7:49 am in RED BANK, NJ 07701.
August 13, 2020, 7:38 am
Arrived at Post Office
RED BANK, NJ 07701
August 12, 2020, 1:07 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
TRENTON NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 12, 2020, 6:27 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
TRENTON NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER
August 10, 2020, 9:02 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
FAYETTEVILLE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
August 10, 2020, 7:29 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
FAYETTEVILLE NC DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
August 10, 2020, 1:31 pm
Departed Post Office
MOREHEAD CITY, NC 28557
August 10, 2020, 11:33 am
USPS in possession of item
MOREHEAD CITY, NC 28557
i sent one FedX it took 3 days also.....

From 2016, before Trump-

As part of the NRI, on January 5, 2015, the Postal Service revised its First-Class Mail® service standards, eliminating single-piece overnight First-Class Mail service and shifting mail from a 2-day to a 3-day service standard. These revisions enabled the Postal Service to expand its mail processing operational window and this change is known as the operational window change (OWC). The Postal Service described the OWC as one of its most significant changes since automating mail processing. It was designed to allow the Postal Service to process mail on fewer machines, thus using less facility square footage.

The OWC was projected to save over $805 million annually through increased mail processing productivity, decreased premium pay, additional delivery point sequencing of mail, less mail sorting at fewer facilities, and use of more efficient mail sorting machines. The OWC also required changes in mail transportation.

This is a follow-up to an earlier SPSS audit (Report Number NO-AR-18-002, dated November 29, 2017) that found the Postal Service, on average, nationally exceeded the throughput performance goal by 5 percent but was below the productivity goal by 17 percent.

Since that audit, the Postal Service has spent $52.6 million to purchase and deploy 11 additional SPSS machines. In total, the Postal Service has invested $187.2 million since FY 2014 to purchase 44 SPSS machines at 36 locations throughout the country. There were 41 SPSS machines in FY 2019 and the Postal Service added three more machines in FY 2020, but have no plans to add additional machines at this time.

So, this is nothing new.
I'd say it's nothing good, either. The mail IS being slower these days.
Yep, they can’t stand overtime was pulled, and they aren’t even scanning pkgs. hardly anymore.
thats not true just talked to my buddy who is still carrying mail..the only overtime change is you cannot bring someone in on their day off he said he is working 1-2 hours OT every day.....and parcels are still scanned.....if you dont scan them you get written up....most carriers dont like OT they have an overtime desired list,if you sign it you will be working 1-2 hours everyday....
Glad to hear if overtime is needed it is still happening.
But let him know I have received several pkgs that were never scanned. Two of which I ended up having to ask refunds for, because it was assumed they were lost after a week, when they were 2 day. They just now showed up in their system other than the arrival scan to their facility the first. Showing delivery today. No in between. I am far from the only one going through this.

It is the President & Congress’s responsibility to do everything necessary to ensure that during this pandemic and economic emergency the states have all the resources they need to run this important election in an unquestionably fair manner.

Normal poll workers may not be reporting for duty. Here in Florida poll workers are usually all oldsters at my Polling Station. I know many will not show up this year. Many state and county electoral commissions are broke around the country. It is crucial there be enough poll workers, enough polling stations opened long enough, and certainly enough overtime to handle increased mail balloting!

The President long ago should have set up a bipartisan committee of experts to work with states and to make recommendations for improvements where necessary in voting security. What has Trump done? Where is Trump’s program? He has none. He has been nothing but obstructionist, fear mongering, divisive. If Florida can run decent elections by mail, so can every state. But Trump, in this matter, is once again proving he is both incompetent and acting against the real interests of the nation.

Last edited:
trump is forcing the USPS to function as an arm of his election campaign. This is yet another example of his gross abuse of power.
I think you're dead wrong. What I do think is he appointed somebody that may screw things up pretty good for a month or 2.
I think you're dead wrong. What I do think is he appointed somebody that may screw things up pretty good for a month or 2.
Do you believe that's legit?

trump is forcing the USPS to function as an arm of his election campaign. This is yet another example of his gross abuse of power.
How is it not, dorpwad?

How is it not, dorpwad?
How is it not, dorpwad?
Srriously?
You believe it's legit for the postmaster general to "screw things up pretty good for a month 2" right before an election that will rely in part on the timely operations of the USPS?

C'mon, dude.

How is it not, dorpwad?
How is it not, dorpwad?
Srriously?
You believe it's legit for the postmaster general to "screw things up pretty good for a month 2" right before an election that will rely in part on the timely operations of the USPS?

C'mon, dude.
No, dumbass. Where does that leave you?

Just read where automatic mail sorting machines, the kind used to sort mail-in ballots, are being pulled at some facilities around the country meaning those ballots will have to be sorted by hand, a slow cumbersome process. Something fishy is going on.
Well since the mail carrier union comes out in support of Biden they want to hand check all ballots
They know who gets republican mail and who gets democrat related mail.
They know who gets gun group membership information
Some mail carriers have been known to throw away mail
There should not be any mail-in ballots this election

How is it not, dorpwad?
How is it not, dorpwad?
Srriously?

C'mon, dude.
Huh?
You're contradicting yourself.

Just read where automatic mail sorting machines, the kind used to sort mail-in ballots, are being pulled at some facilities around the country meaning those ballots will have to be sorted by hand, a slow cumbersome process. Something fishy is going on.
Always has been since I've been alive anyway or at least as long as I can remember. It was officially taken out of the government in my early teen years and it gotten worse every year since. Perhaps the time has come for it to end and to just let it die. Let private enterprise do the job.

Not to mention a few of the State and Federal Laws this is breaking, it's just another case of a Hatch Act violation. But since when has anyone in the Rumps group of merry criminals ever bother to follow that law.

Forum List

Back