What's been going on with the site?

Hardly, as evidenced by the Chesswar theads. Hey Gunny, this never was directed about mods, I think you are aces in any venue. What's your problem?

You're slamming the new owner before you even know who he is and what he is going to do.

As to the CWN thread, what's your point? Is it not in the Flame Zone subforum? That's what it's there for ... people who wish to present themselves to others in that manner.

If it is your contention that it should not be allowed on the board, that is where you and I will just have to disagree. When you don't provide a place for it, then you end up with locked threads all over the board, and banned users, neither of which are in the best interest of this board, IMO.

Here's the thing. I don't care if the board owner interacts with us. Gunny was around, addressed any issues. If Scott was off in Acapulco that's just fine by me. I don't think adults need much moderation or control. Unless someone is really screwing up the board (and we'd probably disagree on which posters do or did that), then there really isn't anything that should be done about them.

I can't speak to your situation with Scott, but I can tell you, this board was a thousand times better with him than it was before.

I didn't have a situation with Scott. I respect your take.

You're slamming the new owner before you even know who he is and what he is going to do.

As to the CWN thread, what's your point? Is it not in the Flame Zone subforum? That's what it's there for ... people who wish to present themselves to others in that manner.

If it is your contention that it should not be allowed on the board, that is where you and I will just have to disagree. When you don't provide a place for it, then you end up with locked threads all over the board, and banned users, neither of which are in the best interest of this board, IMO.
WTF? I slammed no one, not even Scott/Scooter. What is your problem? I suppose you have a problem with my saying you should be a mod, when Scott asked? Seriously? I never knew you had a problem with what me.

I think ftr you've done a great job as admin. I thought you would and you have. WTF do you want?

Scott actually interacted with a LOT of us when he first took over.. That's not really considered hands-off.. What he was hands off about was, again, the iron fist ruling, which NOBODY wants and nobody needs.

Then of course, that wasn't a problem since I was 'off' which is what you wanted. I haven't a problem with that, never did, other than the way it was done, even with that, I do believe that this was the first time I said so. I'm kinda hurt that Gunny and others that I backed are taking this venue, but that's cool.

I'm waiting to see what the future brings. Meaning the new 'Scooter.'

WTF? I slammed no one, not even Scott/Scooter. What is your problem? I suppose you have a problem with my saying you should be a mod, when Scott asked? Seriously? I never knew you had a problem with what me.

I think ftr you've done a great job as admin. I thought you would and you have. WTF do you want?

I refer you to "Now this." comment.

I don't want anything. I responded to the comment in the previous sentence. I think it was uncalled for since the actual fact is none of us KNOW exactly what happened.

Perhaps he/she has reasons for not announcing who he/she is at this time?

Then of course, that wasn't a problem since I was 'off' which is what you wanted. I haven't a problem with that, never did, other than the way it was done, even with that, I do believe that this was the first time I said so. I'm kinda hurt that Gunny and others that I backed are taking this venue, but that's cool.

I'm waiting to see what the future brings. Meaning the new 'Scooter.'

Don't take it personally, Kathianne. My issue was with Greg, who I couldn't stand from day one. Just a stylistic thing. :cool:

I refer you to "Now this." comment.

I don't want anything. I responded to the comment in the previous sentence. I think it was uncalled for since the actual fact is none of us KNOW exactly what happened.

Perhaps he/she has reasons for not announcing who he/she is at this time?

Whatever. Be as oblique as you choose.

Don't take it personally, Kathianne. My issue was with Greg, who I couldn't stand from day one. Just a stylistic thing. :cool:

I wouldn't take it personally if others didn't. In any case, it's moot.

Whatever. Be as oblique as you choose.

I'm being nothing. You come on here and make a shitty comment this morning and I moved it. Now you've made another when you don't have freakin' clue WTF is going on.

Guess it should be ME asking just WTF do YOU want? I mean, just what is it that's got your panties in such a damned knot over this?

I'm being nothing. You come on here and make a shitty comment this morning and I moved it. Now you've made another when you don't have freakin' clue WTF is going on.

Guess it should be ME asking just WTF do YOU want? I mean, just what is it that's got your panties in such a damned knot over this?

I haven't a clue to what you are referring to about a thread moved. I believe you though. So what's the point?

Do you have a clue to what's going on now, you said no awhile ago.

Give the new owner a chance. Obviously, the board is back up and the issues from this morning were corrected. I doubt it was bought with running off the members and letting the database collapse in mind.

not trying to flame, but damn if you don't sound like me when Greg bought the site from Jim, of course that was BEFORE he made me admin. I will say, for our ability to get along, it is shit that we can't pm. Both of us block email, so what have you.

I will say in open forum, Gunny is first rate, I'm sorry he's taken off on me. I'm unsure why, but my guess is that when we can pm, we'll put it right, if not more nonsense comes forth.

I haven't a clue to what you are referring to about a thread moved. I believe you though. So what's the point?

Do you have a clue to what's going on now, you said no awhile ago.

Yeah, I have a clue. There's a new owner. He/she will introduce him or herself to the board when he/she sees fit, for whatever reason he/she so desires. He/she will introduce him or herself to me when he/she sees fit, for whatever reason he/she so desires.

The new owner addressed the issues we had early this morning promptly and I have no doubt the new owner will address the issue with the PMs as well.

Until one or both events occur, the rules, policies and staff will be exactly as they have been.

Yeah, I have a clue. There's a new owner. He/she will introduce him or herself to the board when he/she sees fit, for whatever reason he/she so desires. He/she will introduce him or herself to me when he/she sees fit, for whatever reason he/she so desires.

The new owner addressed the issues we had early this morning promptly and I have no doubt the new owner will address the issue with the PMs as well.

Until one or both events occur, the rules, policies and staff will be exactly as they have been.

Have I crossed any lines? Wow! Freedom of speech and all that crap.

midol60.jpg

Hmmm. As a relative newcomer, I have been blissfully ignorant of the politics of board administration. It's sorta like being able to belong to a church without getting involved on the church board or other policy making groups. It's positively wonderful. I was frustrated when the board was down without any notice because when I found a place on the web where at least a few substantive discussions occur with only a bit of trollish behavior interspersed in a thread, I didn't want to lose it.

I play around on several of these boards, and have especially enjoyed haunting this one.

I'll have to admit though, I never considered the emoticons to be a really serious issue. Live and learn. :razz:

Hmmm. As a relative newcomer, I have been blissfully ignorant of the politics of board administration. It's sorta like being able to belong to a church without getting involved on the church board or other policy making groups. It's positively wonderful. I was frustrated when the board was down without any notice because when I found a place on the web where at least a few substantive discussions occur with only a bit of trollish behavior interspersed in a thread, I didn't want to lose it.

I play around on several of these boards, and have especially enjoyed haunting this one.

I'll have to admit though, I never considered the emoticons to be a really serious issue. Live and learn. :razz:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You might be right, Greg probably was more in line with me, which is why we were simpatico, though I happened to agree with you about the emoticaons. ;)
Scott was more than hands off, he was beyond interaction with any that I know of, any that was visible. Now he may have had some great report with those I don't know about. I just will say up front, he didn't bother to say, 'hey, I've got to let you go down because of hostility or whatever. He posted it first online, locked me out.

If he'd asked me to step down, I would have. It's the idea of humiliating someone or anyone that is so 'new'. Needless to say, I survived and am quite content where I'm at, on various boards. I've not favs here.

you deserved it

Forum List

Back