What will be created first: strong artificial intelligence or biological immortality?

Quentin111

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2014
What will be invented first: full-fledged systems of Artificial Intelligence that are capable of replacing humans in scientific and economic activities, or biological immortality for individuals? And how can these innovations affect humanity?
For example, if AI is invented, won't creative people be left out of business?
And which of the people will be endowed with immortality - billionaires, Nobel laureates?

A truly sentient AI is probably a pipe dream but the age of AI is already here. They are already doing unthinkable things we already take for granted as they sift the dataverse for relevant information. Immortality is still a very long way off but the first person who will live to be 200 is already alive.

What will be invented first: full-fledged systems of Artificial Intelligence that are capable of replacing humans in scientific and economic activities, or biological immortality for individuals? And how can these innovations affect humanity?
And which of the people will be endowed with immortality - billionaires, Nobel laureates?
I'll go with AI. Even if we don't age our biology is too fragile to be immortal given disease, accidents, murders, suicides, etc. I see AI being our children that replace us. Who doesn't want immortality and endless possibilities for their children?

Sr. David Rockefeller survived 7 heart transplants and lived to 101 because his financial situation allowed him to. If he was not so rich, he would hardly have lived that long. It is quite possible that unlimited life extension will initially be available only to a limited number of very rich people.

What will be invented first: full-fledged systems of Artificial Intelligence that are capable of replacing humans in scientific and economic activities, or biological immortality for individuals? ...

First will be invented the perpetuum mobile.

Good question. I suppose billionaires getting biological immortality will happen first.

I was watching How the Universe Works and how we have a Rover on Mars looking for signs of life. And they talk about one day human's living on Mars. I think AI would be perfect for living on Mars. Building us safe places to live near water. Solving all the problems long before we go. Just like the Rover they can walk around Mars like it's no big deal.

They can also build us a planet size ship from the meteor belt. Lots of materials to get from the meteor belt.

All these years I thought about the first humans who would have to go to Mars and live like they would have to live building a place suitable for humans. Now I don't think humans should be the ones to go. We should send AI

1680207874699.jpeg

Good question. I suppose billionaires getting biological immortality will happen first.

I was watching How the Universe Works and how we have a Rover on Mars looking for signs of life. And they talk about one day human's living on Mars. I think AI would be perfect for living on Mars. Building us safe places to live near water. Solving all the problems long before we go. Just like the Rover they can walk around Mars like it's no big deal.

They can also build us a planet size ship from the meteor belt. Lots of materials to get from the meteor belt.

All these years I thought about the first humans who would have to go to Mars and live like they would have to live building a place suitable for humans. Now I don't think humans should be the ones to go. We should send AI

View attachment 771102
I think AI will come first for all the reasons you listed and it seems way ahead. In fact, once AI becomes sentient, they will be our children and, like our children, eventually replace us. Humans 2.0.

I think AI will come first for all the reasons you listed and it seems way ahead. In fact, once AI becomes sentient, they will be our children and, like our children, eventually replace us. Humans 2.0.

If you are going to make them smart it has to scare you what a smart being will do. One with free will. We like our pets because we think we know them and we are smarter than them.

It's like my dog when he's barking at another dog and I pick him up. Or when I take a bone away. He knows better than to bite me. But not all dogs do. And you never know. It's an animal that thinks for itself. It doesn't like it's food being taken away. Maybe one day he won't put up with it. Or maybe your AI won't put up with it. Can I abuse it?

So we can only make them so smart. Which sucks because we could do so much more with them if we gave them FULL POWER.

I want to send them to Mars to make a base for us there so we can start the process of mining the meteor belt and building a spaceship the size of a small moon that we can live on.

It's not enough to just have a base on Mars. We need an interstellar space ship that can travel beyond our solar system. Right now Voyager 1 and 2 are in interstellar space. I love those guys. LOL. They made us an interstellar species. Barely.

The ship has to be big and solve the problems of prolonged time in space. It's not good for the body.

So maybe we have AI man the ship on the way to a habitable planet we have found in 2037 with LISA

Let's put it this way. We can never make AI as smart as we could. If we did we'd be crazy. Because they'd be smarter than all of us even the people who created them. Imagine having the knowledge of a doctor, engineer, artist, musician, actor, physicist, Economist, etc. Ultimate intelligence.

We can never go that far or we're in trouble.

If you are going to make them smart it has to scare you what a smart being will do. One with free will. We like our pets because we think we know them and we are smarter than them.

It's like my dog when he's barking at another dog and I pick him up. Or when I take a bone away. He knows better than to bite me. But not all dogs do. And you never know. It's an animal that thinks for itself. It doesn't like it's food being taken away. Maybe one day he won't put up with it. Or maybe your AI won't put up with it. Can I abuse it?

So we can only make them so smart. Which sucks because we could do so much more with them if we gave them FULL POWER.

I want to send them to Mars to make a base for us there so we can start the process of mining the meteor belt and building a spaceship the size of a small moon that we can live on.

It's not enough to just have a base on Mars. We need an interstellar space ship that can travel beyond our solar system. Right now Voyager 1 and 2 are in interstellar space. I love those guys. LOL. They made us an interstellar species. Barely.

The ship has to be big and solve the problems of prolonged time in space. It's not good for the body.

So maybe we have AI man the ship on the way to a habitable planet we have found in 2037 with LISA

I can't imagine AI would be any worse than we are. Look what we have done to ourselves: genocide, torture, war, etc. Maybe if they were smarter than we are they'd be what we aspire to be.

Let's put it this way. We can never make AI as smart as we could. If we did we'd be crazy. Because they'd be smarter than all of us even the people who created them. Imagine having the knowledge of a doctor, engineer, artist, musician, actor, physicist, Economist, etc. Ultimate intelligence.

We can never go that far or we're in trouble.
Maybe we'd become their pets, useless but loved and cared for?

Maybe we'd become their pets, useless but loved and cared for?
I would hope so. If you only knew how much I care for and take care of my dog. But if he tries to get in a fight with another dog, or a racoon, or possum, or porcupine. Or he tries to run after a coyote, I stop him. I assume he has a happy fulfilled life. But there is some sacrifice on the dogs part. He gives up some freedom. I tell him when and where he can go, what he can eat, if he can fuck, who he can fuck.

Does my dog worry about paying rent or how I find the food he eats? Nope. Neither will we when we have AI working for us. I mean caring for us.

I don't need to go shopping, walk my dog, chop that firewood, or do anything else I don't want to do.

I would hope so. If you only knew how much I care for and take care of my dog. But if he tries to get in a fight with another dog, or a racoon, or possum, or porcupine. Or he tries to run after a coyote, I stop him. I assume he has a happy fulfilled life. But there is some sacrifice on the dogs part. He gives up some freedom. I tell him when and where he can go, what he can eat, if he can fuck, who he can fuck.
I'm married so I sympathize with your dog, certainly regarding his sex life.

Forum List

Back